PREGAME On to the Crudinals....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That was just Murray - what about other running QBs - we seem to do an extremely good job of containing them in prior years
What running QBs have caused problems this year???

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
One concern I have for this game is the Henderson factor. In that McVay might try to split carries with him and Michel instead of just feeding the power back. Coach simply can't help himself IMO. He loves him some speedy backs but in this particular game where the gameplan should be to MASH (which they should have done vs Green Bay btw) the right tool for the job is Michel. Not Hendy.

I know McVay has a ton of respect for his RB Coach too, and that might also work in favor of Henderson getting carries. But again at this moment in time and given the way this team has played on offense with Michel in there at RB it is critical that they feed him. So if they split carries in the first half with Hendy it's going to dilute the effect they can get from the bigger and more physical back.

I'm sure many will disagree and start listing stats to show how good Hendy is. Knock yourself out. The right back for this game is Michel however and I genuinely hope that for this game McVay can get past his small/speed back fascination and do the right thing for his team to pick up a big divisional win behind a power run game.

Co-sign.

Tano

Legend
What running QBs have caused problems this year???
What running QBs have we faced this year besides Murray?

I am just saying in previous years we have done extremely well against running QBs and I think we would have stopped Murray last year even if he was healthy. We had demonstrated a tendency to handle running QBs very well in the prior years.

Tano

Legend
And this one as well - I am getting too hyped up on these conversations and I don't like it when I do that

Oh nothing against you - cheers and go Rams

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I hope there are a decent amount of Rams fans in the desert that show up.

I went to the AZ game in LA and there were some AZ fans, not a TON but a good showing for them.

--Win the TO Battle
--Dont make any mistakes on Special teams (field position is huge)
--Dont get in an early hole. A lead at halftime would be nice.

Rams win and the entire narrative changes....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hope there are a decent amount of Rams fans in the desert that show up.

I went to the AZ game in LA and there were some AZ fans, not a TON but a good showing for them.

--Win the TO Battle
--Dont make any mistakes on Special teams (field position is huge)
--Dont get in an early hole. A lead at halftime would be nice.

Rams win and the entire narrative changes....
Great points and they must contain Murray. He dictated the pace of the game in Los Angeles, hey Von Miller, what say you?

Flint

Pro Bowler
McVay needs to control the ball better and control the tempo.
Stick to the pass/run play ratio you used with the Jags.
Do everything you can to slow down the up-tempo Cardinals game.
I can see it now, we ran it pretty well against the jags, the cards will never expect us to come out throwing.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I can see it now, we ran it pretty well against the jags, the cards will never expect us to come out throwing.
"Ok how the hell did RoD get wind of our gameplan? Who talked???"
~ Coach McVay

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
"Ok how the hell did RoD get wind of our gameplan? Who talked???"
~ Coach McVay
Bah.
I don’t care if they expect it.. that’s the whole point of going jumbo to me.
You simply say.. “We’re gonna get at least 3-4 yards on these plays and not get into 3rd and long so we have our whole playbook on those downs.”

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Some thoughts...

First if you haven't watched this week's Between the Horns they sound a lot like Rams fans. So we're all on the same page, or most of us are, on a lot of elements for this game.

Second, I realize we always as fans think each game is must-win so I will say this one is not must-win from the perspective of making the playoffs. But it is our biggest game of the 2021 season because the Cards are the top team in the NFC, they're cruising, and beating them would drop them to a one game lead in the division as well as jump the Rams back into the realm of challenging for a top seed.

Now I will note that I don't think we're a top seed team. But regardless this is a game of enormous implications. Rams have a lot of anger I am sure from that first game. They are a very talented roster who got trucked in the trenches so this game looks like it's going to be a playoff type matchup where the Rams try to re-establish themselves. Whether we win it or not this one is going to slot the top of the division. If we lose it's over, and the Cards have the division. But if we win then all of a sudden there's a little blood in the water for teams like Indy and Dallas who will face them in their final stretch.

Chances are the division still goes to them. Given our sched and all. But I really like the idea of beating their asses on MNF even if it's just by a field goal and putting some doubt in their minds. And I think if the Rams feature Michel at RB and call a balanced attack they have a chance in this one.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
@Merlin .. I’ll have to say the most important game of the year was the Green Bay game.

Any chance at Home field or NFC West title went down in that game, imo. Coming off a bye, it was huge to capitalize on a beat up Pack.

But it will also be the most important game *if* the Rams turn it around.
*If* McVay continues to significantly mix up his personnel and emphasize Michel and a power run game… and if they continue to tweak the D in a good way… it will have been the game that triggers the changes.

It could be the beat down that leads to an identity transformation needed to be a tough team in the playoffs.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Noteboom reported in as tackle eligable 9 times vs Jags. Might we see him get a target or two vs Cards?

I think it's a real possibility.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Noteboom reported in as tackle eligable 9 times vs Jags. Might we see him get a target or two vs Cards?

I think it's a real possibility.
I’m so hoping for this. I mean.. you have to, at some point.. right?