PREGAME On to the Crudinals....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
This describes our defense perfectly'

Because Shanahan the douchebag always plays extra conservative against the Rams so they will not beat themselves. They'll run the ball and take short passes. In our game against them, I don't think Garapolo threw a pass longer than 10-12 yards the entire game.

And then our defense kept playing soft and off the ball so the whiners didn't have to deal with the pass rush. Jimmy G string just threw the ball to spots which were made easy when Kittle and Deebo Samuel get free releases and the DB is 5-6 yards off them.

Then we also played into their hands by turning the ball over twice. That's been Shanny's game plan for the last 3 years.

If we want to beat them we have to play a little smash mouth ball and don't worry about having to punt the ball away. We just can't turn it over. And yes, starting fast and scoring first would also help. I don't recall us having even had a lead at all in the last several games against them.
we never have stopped the run against them.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
So - is Miller playing tomorrow????

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Stafford's 142.8 passer rating against blitzes this season is the highest by any qualified quarterback in the Next Gen Stats era (since 2016). In fact, all nine of Stafford's interceptions in 2021 have been versus four-or-fewer rushers, as was the strip sack he took against Green Bay in Week 12.
That seems a bit high just in terms of what my eyes have seen so far. I wonder where they get some of these stats and how reliable they are.

But either way it does make sense that it's teams being heavy on the back end that have given him probs. In the first Cards game he had a real nice completion vs a light box where he should have audibled into a run. I don't know what the calls are or the checks and all that but if the box is light and you have Michel in the backfield this time around (which they should) then run the ball.

I really feel like Michel will get 200+ yards vs this defense if McVay stays balanced. Granted losing Hav sucks. But still I think the Rams have good matchups across the board when they run the ball. Most of their OL starters are good run blockers and the holes were huge in the first half of the last matchup.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm hoping and praying no more exposures on our team. Already took some key guys. Deayon is hopefully healthy enough to play. And same for Williams, which was a surprise. I do hope their "illness" is not covid related, but I assume it is not. If not Deayon or Williams, we are going to be fuct at DB. Burgess better bring is A game, and hopefully that will convince the coaches he needs more PT. He was very effective last year before the injury.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I love the Rams and I bleed blue and white but I fear we are toast if we don't win this game. I know wild cards rarely run the table and the Rams personnel can be dominant but I'm not convinced that our D can be like the dominant Bucs or Giants D that won their super bowls. I haven't given up hope but I'm not feeling arrogantly confident like I did in super bowl 34. I kind of felt that was our year.