Older than dirt or still wet behind the ears???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What decade is your earliest Rams memory?

• 2010s still figuring out the game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2000s know the difference between offense and defense

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • 1990s I was there when we rallied around Kurt

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • 1980s I know John Robinson

• 1970s McCutcheon was a bad ass

Votes: 40 38.5%
  • 1960’s yeah I’m old but we did some things

• 1950’s and before. Older than dirt and we earned it!!

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
90s were the best when it came to winning it all.
Please don’t take this the wrong way. You’re insane.

The Rams were 45-99 from 1990-1998.

That’s nine consecutive years of 5-11 records.

That was a brutal stretch for Rams’ fans. In the 17 years prior, the Rams were a playoff-team 14 years.

1999 was the best season ever for us but the 1990s … with a one year magnificent exception … absolutely sucked.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I picked 70's, although vivid memory doesnt begin towards the late 70's.
I dont know when I became a fan, just always have been, cant remember anything else.
My dad had semi-season tickets for the Giants back then & the first game I can remember going to was Rams at Giants in 1978. I was already a Rams fan and was so surprised we were going to that game. All I can recall from that game was that @den-the-coach all time favorite QB Pat Haden was terrible, some guy picked off a pass and ran it back for a game winning TD (Pat Thomas) and it was freezing effing cold

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That was a brutal stretch for Rams’ fans. In the 17 years prior, the Rams were a playoff-team 14 years.

1999 was the best season ever for us but the 1990s … with a one year magnificent exception … absolutely sucked.
Exactly, and furthermore the playoffs and SB were actually in the year 2000 so the "Winning" took place in that decade

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I know I'm insane, and if you told me otherwise, you'd be lying. :p I take no offense at it.

But you're right. Overall, the 90s sucked for the Rams. But 1999, that one year, actually won a Super Bowl - something that hadn't ever been done in Rams history before. Not in the 60s, 70s, or 80s. So yes, while many other decades in winning percentage were so much better than the 90s, the 90s actually won a Super Bowl.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1999-2000 counts as both decades, in my mind.
Everyone can see it however they like, as long as the Rams are the favorite team... Factually speaking however, the Rams did not WIN the Superbowl in 1999
They opened the 90's with that horrible ass whoopin by the 9ers and that god awful phantom sack

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same here.

Saw a pic of Merlin Olsen in the Sears Catalog, late '72, wearing the blue and whites. Wasn't really even a football fan or any sports fan at that point. Saw the horns on the helmet and thought that was just the coolest thing ever. A switch was flipped in my DNA, and I've been a Rams fan ever since.
Before or after the lingerie part of the catalogue?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

YOUSONOFA! ~ Tony Banks and Lawrence Phillips

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know I'm insane, and if you told me otherwise, you'd be lying. :p I take no offense at it.

But you're right. Overall, the 90s sucked for the Rams. But 1999, that one year, actually won a Super Bowl - something that hadn't ever been done in Rams history before. Not in the 60s, 70s, or 80s. So yes, while many other decades in winning percentage were so much better than the 90s, the 90s actually won a Super Bowl.
Buuut..We did win the National Championship two times before the Super Bowl era in the midst of a lot of winning seasons and success...

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
99 was the first season I remember. I was hooked all year watching Marshall make the rest of the NFL look like high schoolers. I was spoiled that year I honestly didn’t know that the NFL wasn’t supposed to be a 50 yd td every other play

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m wondering if there’s any correlation between this and the uniforms pole from a couple of days ago.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

But you're right. Overall, the 90s sucked for the Rams. But 1999, that one year, actually won a Super Bowl - something that hadn't ever been done in Rams history before.
I understand, and it's all in good fun.

But your post makes me wonder when you became a Rams' fan because the 1970s and 1980s were ... in my opinion ... two great decades to be a fan of the Los Angeles Rams. Some huge disappointments for reaching just one Super Bowl (and losing). I still re-live the awful 1974 and 1976 NFC Championship losses in Minnesota.

Beginning with 1973 (Chuck Knox's first season) through the 1989 season, the Rams were consistent winners. Fourteen playoffs in seventeen years. It was even better than that. Some of those years, only four teams made the playoffs in each conference. Furthermore, the 1982 and 1987 seasons were Sham Seasons in my opinion because of labor disputes and fewer games, some played with non-NFL players. Those were two of the three seasons the Rams did not make the playoffs.

So, out of 15 full NFL seasons from '73 - '89, the Rams were in the Post-Season 14 times. THOSE were great decades.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I understand, and it's all in good fun.

But your post makes me wonder when you became a Rams' fan because the 1970s and 1980s were ... in my opinion ... two great decades to be a fan of the Los Angeles Rams. Some huge disappointments for reaching just one Super Bowl (and losing). I still re-live the awful 1974 and 1976 NFC Championship losses in Minnesota.

Beginning with 1973 (Chuck Knox's first season) through the 1989 season, the Rams were consistent winners. Fourteen playoffs in seventeen years. It was even better than that. Some of those years, only four teams made the playoffs in each conference. Furthermore, the 1982 and 1987 seasons were Sham Seasons in my opinion because of labor disputes and fewer games, some played with non-NFL players. Those were two of the three seasons the Rams did not make the playoffs.

So, out of 15 full NFL seasons from '73 - '89, the Rams were in the Post-Season 14 times. THOSE were great decades.

I already mentioned that 1999 was when I first followed football. I respect those who came before me, but I admit that I'm biased because I'm younger. :D

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I already mentioned that 1999 was when I first followed football. I respect those who came before me, but I admit that I'm biased because I'm younger. :D

Now I understand your previous posts about the '90's. Now they make some sense.

You were able to under-state and minimize the awful 1990-1998 period because you did not live it as a Rams' fan.

Some of us have scars.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I All I can recall from that game was that @den-the-coach all time favorite QB Pat Haden was terrible, some guy picked off a pass and ran it back for a game winning TD (Pat Thomas) and it was freezing effing cold

Was there anything to Pat Haden I liked? The answer is a resounding no! Carroll Rosenbloom loved him, I guess because he watched USC playing too many times back then against Oregon State or even Oregon back then for that matter.

James Harris & Ron Jaworski were superior, but Haden was more affable and the Rams traded both Jaws & Harris away. I always thank my lucky stars for Vince Anthony Ferragamo, however, Georgia would still not pay Vince and stuck with Haden in 1981 and the Rams went 6-10, thus propelling Haden to retire, which at the time was one of the happiest times of my life.
1621457179909.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now I understand your previous posts about the '90's. Now they make some sense.

You were able to under-state and minimize the awful 1990-1998 period because you did not live it as a Rams' fan.

Some of us have scars.
Scars? Some of us died from those wounds, but came back from the dead in 1999...