Older than dirt or still wet behind the ears???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What decade is your earliest Rams memory?

• 2010s still figuring out the game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2000s know the difference between offense and defense

Votes: 10 9.6%
  • 1990s I was there when we rallied around Kurt

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • 1980s I know John Robinson

• 1970s McCutcheon was a bad ass

Votes: 40 38.5%
  • 1960’s yeah I’m old but we did some things

• 1950’s and before. Older than dirt and we earned it!!

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yeah I’m old but not older than dirt. I remember listening to Rams games on the radio. We only had 3 tv stations and got limited games but I did get to see some of the greats. I still have a picture of the fearsome foursome that I cherish.

First game I went to was Vikings at the LA coliseum 11/24/74. 20-17 win for our Rams.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First games I remember were mid seventies. I was already a die hard by the time the Rams played the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
1990s. 1999 was my first football memory, even though I had gone to the Dome before. I watched the GSoT dominate everyone. That's when my love of football really started.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Mid 1980's for me. The Everett, Ellard, Dickerson years. Ron Brown sticks in my memory for some reason as well.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My first and only game in the LA Coliseum was Rams vs Browns on Dec.16, 1973. Rams won and finished with a 12-2 record. They even beat the Cowboys who finished 10-4 that year, YET the Rams had to play Dallas in the divisional round IN DALLAS and we freakin' lost. The lack of fairness in homefield still bothers me today.

VfFt4kh.gif

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
This thread bout to turn into a retirement home lol.

90s baybay. The best decade.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For you80’s guys....What player did John Robinson coach at USC and the Rams?

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
First started my addiction to all things Rams in 1966 when George Allen took over for Harland Svare as HC. Still remember the 'ol Blue and White uniforms. I used to watch the games with my mom who was a huge football fan. Heck, I got the Rams bug from her now that I reflect a bit. (Heh....she thought Coach Allen was cutest thing....I being quite a youngin' couldn't understand what that had to do with anything!)
At any rate its been quite a ride so far......55 years and counting. One of my fave memories was watching Roman standing and getting ready for the snap from Ken Iman and man! he just towered over everyone else on the field.
Lotsa fans don't realize how big Roman Gabriel was, especially for his era.
Different style of football to be sure. And in a lot of ways I rather miss it at times.

Oh well so much for the jaunt down memory lane......

~ArkyRamsFan~

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Born in 1980
The Rams have been my favorite team since I can remember. How does a kid in Southwest Missouri become a Rams fan in the 1980s without being able to watch the games?

The Horns. They looked cooler than all of the other teams. Duh.
When I was around 5 - 6 years old, I wore out a vhs copy of Heaven Can Wait. I just watched the shit out of that movie.
The blue and yellow Suzuki dirt bikes that me and my brothers grew up on were by far the coolest thing in the world to me at that age and the Rams wore those colors, so they were obviously the coolest team.

My favorite cousin and role model was 7 years older than me and he told me in 1989 that the Rams were his favorite team. He was killed in a car accident a couple years later and it had a big impact on me, but it signed my papers as Rams fan.

As the madden games became popular, my friends would always pick the Cowboys or the Chiefs to play with. I always played with the Rams. No other teams, ever.
When the Rams moved to Saint Louis, my best friend brought me their innaugural season team poster. He always joked that I was "The only Rams fan in Missouri". After '99 he called me "The first real Rams fan in Missouri." (We knew I wasn't, but in Ozark? Maybe.)

Oddly enough it wasn't during the great years of the GSOT that I became really hooked. It was during the decline and fall of that team that I started needing to watch every game, follow every transaction and to stay informed all of the time.. almost as if I subconsciously believed that if I could follow the team closely enough and support them enough, it would somehow help the team stop sliding.
It was during that time that I started reading Rams discussion boards... 16 or 17 Rams seasons later, I'm still here, still reading some of the same people's posts too I'm sure.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
My Dad took me to the LA coliseum Rams vs Vikings 1977 NFC wild card game...pouring down rain all game long Rams lost but I was hooked....the mud bowl...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
1980s. I could have some 70’s memories, but I wasn’t into football much when I was really young.

And apparently, I had a lot of mental issues;

FE8F5194-B65C-44B0-A7B1-CBE792A4E14D.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Mid 60s here. I'm a 3rd generation Rams fan. I pretty much had no choice living in the San Fernando Valley and having my grandpa and dad being die hard Rams fans. But I passed it on and my sons are both Rams fans. They had no choice either.;)

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
90s baybay. The best decade.
The 90’s! The best?!?

For What? Partying? OK.
That was a fun decade.

But not for Rams’ football. The Rams had one of the worst records (if not the worst) from 1990 through 1998.

1999 was magical (the best season) but the whole decade? UGH!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Here Since Hadl ….And yes, Lawrence McCutcheon was a bad ass in so many ways.
1621449264566.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The 90’s! The best?!?

For What? Partying? OK.
That was a fun decade.

But not for Rams’ football. The Rams had one of the worst records (if not the worst) from 1990 through 1998.

1999 was magical (the best season) but the whole decade? UGH!

At least we actually won it all in 1999. I know that the Rams had world championships in the very early part, but as far as Super Bowls? 90s were the best when it came to winning it all.

Oh, and the Batman cartoons. Best. Show. Ever.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The Horns. They looked cooler than all of the other teams.

Same here.

Saw a pic of Merlin Olsen in the Sears Catalog, late '72, wearing the blue and whites. Wasn't really even a football fan or any sports fan at that point. Saw the horns on the helmet and thought that was just the coolest thing ever. A switch was flipped in my DNA, and I've been a Rams fan ever since.