Ogletree traded to Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
I was frustrated with Ogletree bad tackling all year but he is still a very talented player.

I do think Tree is better on the outside in a 4-3 than he ever was in the middle. And the 3-4 did not do him any favors. He's still not worth the contract but he'll be better for the Giants in a 4-3 than he ever will be for us. But it makes the extension even more mind boggling during the season knowing that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams have currently lost their best edge rusher (not that he was great but he was the best we had and now we have to fill that hole) and their best linebacker (again, not great but all we had). Most of all they've lost two leaders on defense . I get that the Rams have some draft capital but we still have to hit on these players . We could have a very young defense next year and sometimes that takes time to develop .I'm not saying we can't do it but it's noteworthy that this is significant turnover for a playoff defense

You know if your trust your system & your evaluations you’ll do well if you know what your doing.

Obviously Joyner was a core guy The Rams really think highly of.

Ogletree after his first season came in fat !!
Joe Barry was in the middle of the LBer’s at the combine. He has a big say on that group.

The Rams have a nice young core of DE/LB

I like The Fuck out if Ejuan Price as a OLB !!
I saw him in camp & I keep on stating he is anpooor man’s Khalia Mack . —Better Bang for your buck there.

Samson Ebukam was on the field a lot last season. I also think The Rams bring back Connor Barwin again as a team leader. IMO

Carlos Thompson also got put in as a starter ? For Barron in a game ? Bryce was solid for depth. There are a couple of free agents , but Joe Barry stated in his combine video. I love this guy ?? Who it is might have something to do with Tree trade.

I could see The Rams trading a 2019 1st rd pick this year to have 2 first rounders.

—btw - was not solid on the signing of Ogletree.Great guy , & a Pro’s Pro for sure. Just to many missed plays the defense has had over the years.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
OKAY! OKAY! I was wro....wron....I was mistaken.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kind of, he was an $11.6 million cap hit. Now he’s a $6.4 million hit, paying his remaining signing bonus. Giants pay his $3 million base and $7 million roster bonus. Technically we save $5.2 from what we would have paid him this year.

that's taking the $1.6m dead cap hit already in the equation. my mistake. even better, a $5.2m saving on the cap this year.

great maneuvering by the rams to get some trade value out of him for this year. they probably knew they were gonna let him go but signed him up to an extension so they could get some draft picks this year instead of a comp pick next season. wade probably told them he's gonna need some changes on d and they needed as many draft picks they could get.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You know if your trust your system & your evaluations you’ll do well if you know what your doing.

Obviously Joyner was a core guy The Rams really think highly of.

Ogletree after his first season came in fat !!
Joe Barry was in the middle of the LBer’s at the combine. He has a big say on that group.

The Rams have a nice young core of DE/LB

I like The freak out if Ejuan Price as a OLB !!
I saw him in camp & I keep on stating he is anpooor man’s Khalia Mack . —Better Bang for your buck there.

Samson Ebukam was on the field a lot last season. I also think The Rams bring back Connor Barwin again as a team leader. IMO

Carlos Thompson also got put in as a starter ? For Barron in a game ? Bryce was solid for depth. There are a couple of free agents , but Joe Barry stated in his combine video. I love this guy ?? Who it is might have something to do with Tree trade.

I could see The Rams trading a 2019 1st rd pick this year to have 2 first rounders.
So the net result is this year we gain $3.6 million in cap space.

So what is the savings over the course of his contract ? The Rams want to build through the draft .