Ogletree traded to Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know if your trust your system & your evaluations you’ll do well if you know what your doing.

Obviously Joyner was a core guy The Rams really think highly of.

Ogletree after his first season came in fat !!
Joe Barry was in the middle of the LBer’s at the combine. He has a big say on that group.

The Rams have a nice young core of DE/LB

I like The freak out if Ejuan Price as a OLB !!
I saw him in camp & I keep on stating he is anpooor man’s Khalia Mack . —Better Bang for your buck there.

Samson Ebukam was on the field a lot last season. I also think The Rams bring back Connor Barwin again as a team leader. IMO

Carlos Thompson also got put in as a starter ? For Barron in a game ? Bryce was solid for depth. There are a couple of free agents , but Joe Barry stated in his combine video. I love this guy ?? Who it is might have something to do with Tree trade.

I could see The Rams trading a 2019 1st rd pick this year to have 2 first rounders.

—btw - was not solid on the signing of Ogletree.Great guy , & a Pro’s Pro for sure. Just to many missed plays the defense has had over the years.
A lot of the guys you named seen like depth and rotational guys to me lol but I trust Wade

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Where did you hear this? Sorry if I just missed it.
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Giants have traded their 2018 fourth and sixth-round draft picks to the Los Angeles Rams for Ogletree and their 2019 seventh-round pick. The Giants held two fourth-round picks before making the trade and they sent the compensatory pick that was granted to them a couple weeks back by the NFL (No. 135 overall) to the Rams in this trade. According to Schefter, Ogletree was offered in a trade to the Kansas City Chiefs first, but they declined. New Giants defensive coordinator James Bettcher will stress speed and a new breed of linebacker in what has been described as a hybrid defense featuring both 3-4 and 4-3 fronts that he is bringing to New York. Ogletree is the first player that Bettcher and Giants management has deemed to be a perfect fit for the new scheme.

chkelly

UDFA
Very surprised about this, I liked both Quinn and Tree as Rams. But most would probably agree that both were under performing their contracts by a wide margin. If not a scheme fit I can understand the change, but can't make a final determination until the D takes shape in camp to see how all the pieces will fit.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@So Ram you really like Price that much? Why? He hardly played and didn’t look good when he did. He is small and weak.

I admit liked the pick in round 7 because of potential but I don’t ever expect them to make a huge impact.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reread what I quoted (y)

You said we take the accelerated cap hit this year which is correct at $6.4 million. His original cap hit was $11.6 this year we saved $5.2 you’re again correct. We don’t though have dead cap the next three years, you already accounted for it in the acceleration we take this year. You’re listing it twice, we don’t have a dead cap hit the next three years after already taking that hit this year. You’re making us take that $1.6 yearly twice.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
I liked Alec and the player he had potential to be, but I'll say that I won't miss being consistently frustrated with his inconsistent technique.

This is kind of how I feel.
However, I'm surprised by this move especially for a 4th and 6th round pick.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

giphy.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

so the rams have five 6th round picks now? snead will be doing alot of deals during the draft.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Wade and the gang must have confidence in Ebukam, Littleton, and the rest of the backup LB's. Remember also that the picks we get from the Giants are at the top of the board because of their lousy record last season.
******************************************************************************************
A few thoughts from Giants fans...

WELCOME THE NEWEST GIANT!!!

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-...nts-football/3091005-welcome-the-newest-giant

WOW I love this move!!!!
-------------
ALEC OGLETREE!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!!!
-------------
we got the best LB this team has seen since Jessie Armstead.
----------
In a year where the NFL draft was the deepest its been in years at this position.

I've never thought he was very good, and his cap hit is an astronomical $11M from what I remember.

He is a LB though, that should make people excited, not me.
-----------
He's really good man, he's also a good character guy and a great leader.
-----------
Cant believe anyone wouldn't like this move. Some just like to be miserable I guess.
-----------
My roommate is a Rams fan and absolutely hated him. He is currently celebrating he's gone. He is pretty damn sketchy vs the run. He was significantly better it seemed when he was at OLB. I'm interested to see where they put him at.
----------
The Rams front office is celebrating too. They cleared cap space and got rid of an overpriced guy who is simply not that good. Hopefully Bettchers scheme will fit Ogletree and he'll play better here.

Ogletree led the league in missed tackles (17) by a linebacker in run defense in 2016.
----------
It's his CRAZY contract that SCARES us. WHAT in the WORLD were the Rams thinking giving BOTH Olgetree and Austin 4 yr 42m contracts??
----------
He's a tremendous player. I live in LA and watched every game he's ever played, he's a beast. He's all over the filed on every play. We desperately needed someone like this.
--------
Not ideal considering he struggles to tackle.

He'll make a few splash plays every now and again but he was not worth that contract. Good on the Rams for getting what they did.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Giants have traded their 2018 fourth and sixth-round draft picks to the Los Angeles Rams for Ogletree and their 2019 seventh-round pick. The Giants held two fourth-round picks before making the trade and they sent the compensatory pick that was granted to them a couple weeks back by the NFL (No. 135 overall) to the Rams in this trade. According to Schefter, Ogletree was offered in a trade to the Kansas City Chiefs first, but they declined. New Giants defensive coordinator James Bettcher will stress speed and a new breed of linebacker in what has been described as a hybrid defense featuring both 3-4 and 4-3 fronts that he is bringing to New York. Ogletree is the first player that Bettcher and Giants management has deemed to be a perfect fit for the new scheme.

Thank you.

Wished you were wrong, but thanks.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Hey, all you draft guys... get me a new mock stat!! Muahahahahaha (you'll have done more mocks this year than in the last 5 years combined).