Ogletree traded to Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
I posted a while back that the Rams were looking at close to 40M/year for LBs which were not at all difference makers.
I expected Barron to be the first to go, and Quinn was expected.
I fully expected Tree to be the holdover.
That said, 10M/year has to go only to players who are really difference makers.
Looking at it from that side, not surprised. On the other hand, Rams signing him this season really made me think he would be staying.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Alec was a theoretical linebacker. In theory, he was a great linebacker. In practice... Not so much.

The athletic ability is there, but poor technique, angles, etc. hurt. Just couldn't put the athletic ability together.

Linebacker is probably the position on the field that relies on great instincts. Alec didn’t have them and they aren’t something you learn in the NFL.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
whoops, yeah a $6.4m cap hit. so they saved $10m in salary and bonus money. so a $3.6m net gain this year and $10m for every year after that to be used on a lber on the team that wade actually wants on the team.

Kind of, he was an $11.6 million cap hit. Now he’s a $6.4 million hit, paying his remaining signing bonus. Giants pay his $3 million base and $7 million roster bonus. Technically we save $5.2 from what we would have paid him this year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You accounted for the $1.6 million the next three years twice. There’s no cap hit the ne t three years.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What the fuck? Why did we give him the extension if we wanted him gone? I'm so confused.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
I posted a while back that the Rams were looking at close to 40M/year for LBs which were not at all difference makers.
I expected Barron to be the first to go, and Quinn was expected.
I fully expected Tree to be the holdover.
That said, 10M/year has to go only to players who are really difference makers.
Looking at it from that side, not surprised. On the other hand, Rams signing him this season really made me think he would be staying.

Overpaying marginal talent was a trademark of the Rams for years (Long, Laurinitis, Tru, Austin, Tree, Quinn, etc. etc.). Hopefully that era coming to an end.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
So... how many days till Barron is traded to the Browns for a 4th and and a 6th as well??

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
It’s Jints compensatory 4th round pick #135. Not the second pick of round. o_O

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I’m guessing we’re going to hear about Donald’s extension any day now.

fearsomefour

Legend
What the freak? Why did we give him the extension if we wanted him gone? I'm so confused.
Hopefully not a case of Snead reading his own press and thinking he is smarter than he is.
I was frustrated with Ogletree bad tackling all year but he is still a very talented player.