Ogletree traded to Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How much will it cost to bring in Todd Davis? We dont even know now what the thought is on Barron. Are they keeping him because right now we traded 2 of our 4 LBs from last year and Barwin is a FA. Thats a lot of turnover.
As I write this just seen an alert on my phone from Ian Rappaport: Rams frustrated with Ogletrees run defense.
Can Davis play MLB? In guessing rashaan Evans in the draft

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wow. Just...wow. I really did not expect this. I wonder if that means that they keep Barron now.

Psycho_X

Legend
I mean, with a huge roster bonus up in a week for him we may have come out of this with good cap savings. If so, shrewd contract there by Demoff and I'm not his biggest fan.

While I am shocked I would much rather have a guy with one hand than Ogeltree trying to make an open field tackle. That speaks to one particular rookie as much as it does to how much I trust Tree. So I'm ok with this. Lots of talent about to hit free agency and the draft.

Only disappointing thing about it was only getting a 4th. But... more ammo to trade up for a player they are hunting for.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Alec was a theoretical linebacker. In theory, he was a great linebacker. In practice... Not so much.

The athletic ability is there, but poor technique, angles, etc. hurt. Just couldn't put the athletic ability together.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i don't think there's gonna be a cap hit. it's all on the giants who can get out after this season for no cap hit.

or am i wrong?

good move by the rams getting something for a player that didn't fit their scheme.

whoops, yeah a $6.4m cap hit. so they saved $10m in salary and bonus money. so a $3.6m net gain this year and $10m for every year after that to be used on a lber on the team that wade actually wants on the team.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not true. The Rams are stacked with late picks. They can move up & down the board.

Donald has to be signed. He is the leader now !! The depth a LBer in the draft is huge.

What have The Rams lost on defense so far ?

They added Marcus Peters an elite CB.
The Rams have currently lost their best edge rusher (not that he was great but he was the best we had and now we have to fill that hole) and their best linebacker (again, not great but all we had). Most of all they've lost two leaders on defense . I get that the Rams have some draft capital but we still have to hit on these players . We could have a very young defense next year and sometimes that takes time to develop .I'm not saying we can't do it but it's noteworthy that this is significant turnover for a playoff defense

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was never a fan of Ogletree in the middle. He is too weak against the run.

And just to remind everyone that says the Rams would not need to change defensive personnel because Wade runs a hybrid 3/4.

TOLD YOU SO!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
WOW!!!! This has become quite the off season in a hurry. Let's sign AD, SW, and TJ and start looking for a bunch of LBs.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most of us assumed that Barron would be cut and had MLB as a need.

So, this really doesn't change anything, except (for now) makes me happy because I preferred Barron to Tree anyways.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler

So, this really doesn't change anything, except (for now) makes me happy because I preferred Barron to Tree anyways.

Im not sure anyones safe from the Rams defensive purge of 2018 :ROFLMAO:

Psycho_X

Legend

Same here, when Barron is healthy he is a beast. But that health factor has been a problem lately. We'll see if he's still on the roster too when the smoke settles. Man, Les Snead certainly knows how to make an offseason entertaining.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Ok.

That came out of the blue.

In isolation, I don’t have an issue with moving on from Tree. He doesn’t consistently wrap up when tackling and is a liability in the run game. The Rams gave up in excess of 4 yards per rush up the middle last season and Tree, as a MLB, was part of that problem.

However when you take into account the already gaping hole at LB and the players’ reactions, I’m a little concerned about the impact this could have.