Ogletree needs surgery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Yikes! Losing "Tree" definitely hurts. The guy was playing like a man possessed while still improving. Next man up boys!

Odds on bringing back Dunbar?? Obviously not the same player but for depth reasons?

RamWoodie

Legend
This puts Bates in the mix...and he filled in nicely when Tree went out. I knew it was bad..but I held my breath as to how bad. Tree was on his way to a Pro Bowl like season.

All we can do now is wait until after the surgery.

I don't like the idea of Dunbar coming back either.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Bates is just as fast and will be okay. Maybe less athletic, but more disiplined.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Didn't I see Bates grab his hammy yesterday?
Think good thoughts - I like him too.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...cide-on-ogletrees-status-until-after-surgery/

Rams won’t decide on Ogletree’s status until after surgery
Posted by Zac Jackson on October 5, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpty4njq3yjm5mdi4nty1yjawndrkoguxmzexyzhlnzbk1.jpeg
AP

Rams linebacker Alec Ogletree will have surgery on his broken fibula Tuesday, Rams coach Jeff Fisher told reporters, and the team won’t make any roster decisions involving Ogletree until after the surgery.

The most likely options are the season-ending injured-reserve list or the injured-reserve/designated for return spot each team can use once per year. If the Rams think Ogletree can return in December, placing him on IR/designated for return would make him eligible to return in eight weeks.

If the team thinks Ogletree’s recovery time could be more like six weeks, it could keep him on the active roster and make him one of seven game day inactives until he’s healed. The Rams played with an open roster spot last weekend after trading wide receiver Chris Givens to the Ravens.

The loss of Ogletree is a blow to a defense that’s shown it can be dominant at times. Ogletree had 10 tackles before suffering the injury Sunday in Arizona, his second double-digit tackle game of the season. He led the Rams in tackles in his first two seasons.

He was on as good as a three-game start as I’ve seen,” Rams linebacker James Laurinaitis said.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm really bummed about this. I hope he plays again this season. We need him.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
this fuckin blows man :cry: anytime anything goes right for this team we still get fucked

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, on the bright side, a bone break heals much quicker than a joint or ligament/ tendon. Tree could be back in 8 weeks and fresh for the playoffs.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Bates is just as fast and will be okay. Maybe less athletic, but more disiplined.
Bates is a freak kinda athlete...thought he was off the field on that last pass that JJ & AYERS broke up....telling yall, I'm playing Ayers....dude was Anthony Barr b4 Barr....does everything pretty well...esp. tackle in space...Hagar too...although I wanna see Lynch or Bates on the field for run D, I got a lot of faith that Hagar can make plays and stick those RB''s & TE's better than all but Ayers....
Late edit,

View: https://twitter.com/nwagoner/status/651168510534483968

Last edited:

DaniRamFan

UDFA
Name
Danielle
I'm really bummed about this. I hope he plays again this season. We need him.
Definitely a big blow to our defense, and with the Packers coming up, I'm afraid his presence and play is going to show up in GB RB and TE YAC stats as well as yards per carry for that rushing offense. Ogletree was playing at Pro Bowl level, let's hope his replacement can be HALF as good, then we'll be ok.... Heal quickly, Alec!