Official Underwhelmed Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Last years season opener is the only time we came out flat with Fisher. We put points against Detroit(23) and Arizona(27) in 2012 and 2013. Joe Flacco, Tom Brady and Andrew Luck all look god awful so far. I just don't care about pre season. To me it's only a chance to get hurt. Nothing else.

…..

Legend
I'm not going to throw myself off a bridge just yet, but I do want to co-sign on the Offically Underwhelmed Thread.

I'm getting worried that Camp Fisher is okay with the annual slow starts. I had hoped that mediocrity would be frowned upon, but clearly that is not the case here. The fan base is not willing to sit through another year where we dont even know our own plays until week 5, where we dont click on any cylinders until its too late to save face, let alone save a possible playoff run.

I'm co-signed on the impression that we dont actually seem to be working on anything during these games that were designed to work on things.
I'm co-signed on the opinion that we should make an effort to at least look good, look professional, and not appear disfunctional in these games "that dont matter"
I'm co-signed on the movement that says these games do matter and "you play like you practice"

I am NOT co-signed on the constant excuses, most of which are being made by our very own fan base. Tired is not a reason, its an excuse. Rookies are not reasons, they are excuses. New coordinators are not reasons, they are excuses. Practicing in Oxnard and excessive travel is an excuse and the decision to do so and then use it as an excuse is merely not taking responisbility for that decision. Disturbing trends are the norm it seems.

What we need to do is completely delete this past week from our memory banks and hope like hell we start appearing to be a functional football team soon. We have no other choice because what we are all seeing, regardless the varying degrees of dissapoint or indifference, is actually happening.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, based on past preseason and camp with Fisher you won't see the real team until week 6-8, depending on home or away game schedule.
I think it's fair to make this statement.

Might sound negative... but it's been the history of this team under Jeff Fisher.

Pretty much fact.

Can it change? Well, I would have liked to see a different approach to off season and TC... try some different things... shake things up.

Most teams use week three as their "dress rehersal" in pre-season, no? Typically, Jeff Fisher has eschewed that since he got to STL (he likes to use the last week as dress rehersal).

Here's an opportunity to make a change and see what happens.

Regardless of whether the dress rehersal is next week or the week after, I will be concerned if they don't show some serious signs of life in whatever game they tell us is the dress rehaersal.

bskrilla

Starter

Lance's first preseason:
Game 1 - 5 receptions 47 yards 1TD
Game 3 - 2 for 27 1TD
Game 4 - 3 for 74 yards 1TD

In the 2011 preseason Kendricks had ~160 yards receiving and 3 TD's all from Bradford.

We won all 4 games, and our 1st team offense looked geared to go. Then we lost 14 games...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion, Givens, Watts, Joyner and Keenum are the only ones who get praise tonight. Let them go home early, keep everyone else and ask them why they didn't come to play today.
Something different... (y)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then again it's gonna be quiet around here because if you know they're going to suck why subject yourself to the punishment? Have a nice extended 2015 offseason we'll see you for the 2016 draft. No other team practiced as much as we did the past week and then traveled as much as we did. You don't think that has anything to do with what we saw tonight? It's a glorified practice that they can generate money from! You honestly think there's a point to games in the preseason? The only reason we have 4 games during training camp is it generates more revenues. Teams would be better off with a joint practice 2 or 3 times at the end of camp.
Can we stop telling people how to live their lives?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm getting worried that Camp Fisher is okay with the annual slow starts. I had hoped that mediocrity would be frowned upon, but clearly that is not the case here. The fan base is not willing to sit through another year where we dont even know our own plays until week 5, where we dont click on any cylinders until its too late to save face, let alone save a possible playoff run.

I'm co-signed on the impression that we dont actually seem to be working on anything during these games that were designed to work on things.
I'm co-signed on the opinion that we should make an effort to at least look good, look professional, and not appear disfunctional in these games "that dont matter"
I'm co-signed on the movement that says these games do matter and "you play like you practice"

I am NOT co-signed on the constant excuses, most of which are being made by our very own fan base. Tired is not a reason, its an excuse. Rookies are not reasons, they are excuses. New coordinators are not reasons, they are excuses. Practicing in Oxnard and excessive travel is an excuse and the decision to do so and then use it as an excuse is merely not taking responisbility for that decision. Disturbing trends are the norm it seems.
^^^ this ^^^

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What we need to do is completely delete this past week from our memory banks and hope like hell we start appearing to be a functional football team soon. We have no other choice because what we are all seeing, regardless the varying degrees of dissapoint or indifference, is actually happening.
+1

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Success in the preseason doesn't equal success during the regular season, but sloppy play in the preseason tends to carry over when the games count.

TheBunk

Rookie
Cunningham killed any chance we had at scoring with the first team with his terrible running on 3rd and short.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can we stop telling people how to live their lives?

Thank you and have a nice day!
I will stop asking questions and making jokes. I have never told people how to live their lives.

Thank you I'm having a wonderful day I hope you have the same!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Because he is a fan. I have been a Rams fan for 40 years and there have been more downs then ups but seasons like 79 and 99 make it worth it.
You forgot 2002....still the greatest team (eff that Pats undefeated team) to not WIN the SB....geez...still can't believe that happened....

Cunningham killed any chance we had at scoring with the first team with his terrible running on 3rd and short.
This....man was missing huge holes....how is he ahead of Pead? Hell, he should be behind Trey Watts...

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It seemed several times if he would have followed his blockers that there was a seam to run thru, but he would cut back right into someone trailing the play and get stuffed.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I was underwhelmed with the performance. Does not mean I'm giving up on the season - not by a long shot - but I do see a lot of areas where we need to get our shit together before the season starts.

Foles - needs to make faster reads and work on keeping his footwork in order
Washington - needs to go to the bench and give Saffold a healing shoulder massage
D-line - needs to play under control with gap responsibility. Brockers being out should not mean that the entire run defense is out.
O-line - needs to keep playing as a unit and learn each other's tendencies vs. different fronts and defensive wrinkles
WRs - please get open, and please get Bailey more involved
Refs - please get off the opposing team's payroll

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't you tell me what kind of day to have...

136040-Punch-Today-In-The-Face.jpg

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think everyone needs to relax just a bit. None of us like what we've seen so far but it's preseason.
The Cowboys are 0-2 and scored 6 points last night. I doubt they think the season is over either.

If we start the real season 0-2 and score 17 points then I get it, time to freak out.
But we should all see games that count before we jump off a building.
Like I said last night, 4 quarters with nothing but starters then we'll really know where we are at.

BTW, I'm glad the D is starting slow; this just means we won't need the 5 real games to start getting sacks :)

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
You forgot 2002....still the greatest team (eff that Pats undefeated team) to not WIN the SB....geez...still can't believe that happened....

I live in Boston/New England. That season sucked lol. I agree it was the best team not to win a SB, which made it even worse. Im with you, still cant believe we lost to them. We were soo much better. It probably wouldnt sting so much if I didnt have to live around on the Patriot ya whos.

RamBill

Legend
Should There Be Panicking After the First 2 Preseason Games?
Is Carey Davis panicking after the first two preseason games by the Rams? He explains why not. On the other hand, If after the 3rd preseason game they look the same as last night, then it may be time to panic.

Listen to Davis Talk Rams Preseason