Official Underwhelmed Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Better individual and team play usually equals a better record. Bad luck and lousy officiating can throw that out of balance but those two factors usually even out over a season.

My main criticism each season under the Fisher regime has been that a supposedly all-star coaching staff has not been able to instill proper discipline. This has been and still is my main concern going into this season. Broken plays, miscommunication, and bonehead penalties must decrease greatly in order for us to have a winning season.
Oh gawd, hard to talk about the officiating. I really can't speculate on why we get all the devastating calls, and the calls for us, mean almost nothing. They even tried to help them with a call late in the game, but, at least, we were smart enough to decline it.

I can't disagree on the coaching issues, and for the first time, maybe unfairly, because it was a preseason game, I questioned Fisher as the right coach for this team. I do know that we destroyed some very good playoff teams, in the regular season, the last couple of years, and except for the striped help, would have whooped Dallas. To me, it is clear that this team, is the most talented, under his regime. I want to see that talent realized.

A55VA6

Legend
FYI.. Colts, Cowboys, Cardinals, and Seahawks are all 0-2.

While I'm concerned with the Rams play, I understand that every team has a different agenda each week of the preseason. Some teams show more, some teams are basic. I think the defense will be fine, though the tackling could be better.

The offense I think will be OK, only if the OL plays decent. Right now I'd have to give Barnes the edge at Center, and our depth still looks VERY ugly. If Washington or some other backup OL has to play in the regular season, we won't score points. lol I'm pretty positive on that.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I can't disagree on the coaching issues, and for the first time, maybe unfairly, because it was a preseason game, I questioned Fisher as the right coach for this team. I do know that we destroyed some very good playoff teams, in the regular season, the last couple of years, and except for the striped help, would have whooped Dallas. To me, it is clear that this team, is the most talented, under his regime. I want to see that talent realized.
Thank you.

I was vocal in my doubts about this coaching staff last season. And my doubts still remain, and perhaps are even more strong, albeit, I've remained quiet. I think we'll see a change in regime no later than the end of the 2016 season.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
. I think Reynolds will finally be the odd man out.
Chase Reynolds should have been released a while ago.....

NFL preseason records are known to either give a fanbase false hope or cause them to fall into needless despair.
Like the Dr. pointed out, more interested about execution, not records...Touchdowns result from executing on a play to play basis....by individual players...lets see that tightened up...

I remind myself that Pete Carroll is not all that fanatical about overworking his players either. He is more of a players coach with a laid back style. However Seattle looks good each pre season.
I always heard Pete had that competition Wednesday (Thursday?), where the 1's go against the 1's at practice...You can lose your job..So I'm assuming they go hard...full contact.

…..

Legend
The first, second, and fourth preseason games are mainly for evaluating new players and getting them to gel with the veterans. If we still stink in the third game, where the starters will most likely play the whole first half, then some nervousness should begin to creep in. A team normally can't flick a switch and go from suckiness to great in time for the regular season. However...

NFL preseason records are known to either give a fanbase false hope or cause them to fall into needless despair. For example: the Rams went 4-0 in 2011 but then went on to lose 7 out of their first 8 games and ended up with a 2-14 record.

Spagnuolo was like a jockey who whipped his horse before it even got in the starting gate and then was exhausted once the race started and had nothing left. Fisher on the other hand seems like a jockey who coddles and kisses his horse, and is the last one to get out of the gate, usually ending the race somewhere in the middle.

Right now the Rams, Colts, Cardinals, Saints, Seahawks, and Cowboys are all 0-2, while the Redskins are 2-0. I doubt that any of these teams will end up at the end of this season where those preseason records would seem to indicate.

Good points but I hope we are all at a level where the preseason record is unimportant as compared to the way the team actually looks. You can win and look bad. You can lose and look good. We are looking horrid. The loss I do jot care about.

We're supposed to be able to take things away from these games and in that sense I suppose our 3rd and 4th stringers improved in performance and execution.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I'm going to quote something I found elsewhere, and I'm wondering if anyone has any comment.

1st thing that jumps out at me is the few snaps by Robinson, Brown and Havenstein

Robinson 29 snaps is 30th (43 2nd year ot's = 137-196 in snaps overall)
his overall grade is 167-197...he needs snaps (and strength)

Brown = 32 (55 rookie guards in snaps): +1.2 overall

Havenstein 29 (46 in rookie snaps): -1.4 overall
All 3 need to stay in when the 1st teams leaves and get more work

Rhaney = -4.8 after 2 games
Barnes = +1.8

Missed tackles = 14 after 10 the 1st.

Foles lack of foot speed is bothersome...Mannion shouldn't look quicker...major rap on Mannion was his lack of foot speed

CB Joyner = 120.4 qb rating
CB Robeson = 118.8 ...rams need to trade for a cb if they can find one.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Chase Reynolds should have been released a while ago.....

Like the Dr. pointed out, more interested about execution, not records...Touchdowns result from executing on a play to play basis....by individual players...lets see that tightened up...

I always heard Pete had that competition Wednesday (Thursday?), where the 1's go against the 1's at practice...You can lose your job..So I'm assuming they go hard...full contact.
True, on all counts.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
lol. hammer.

I say we revisit this after the season starts.
damn, I was trying to sleuth it :giggle:

you-caught-me-i-dunnit.jpg

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Wow this and all Rams sites are going to be fun this season with all the people who have given up already :)
True story. Whiners were up 23 zip with 5 to go vrs the Cowpies over the week end. Anyone think that's how a regular season game would play out? Idle down, fellas.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
As long as he continues to be one of our best STers, not gonna happen..
When more talented guys pass him up, and we have to keep 3 QB's. it might happen this year. I predict that it will. Might be after, Tre Watts suspension though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
lol. hammer.

I say we revisit this after the season starts.

Why are we even quoting that guy? He said that this site brings nothing and that we're all a bunch of Stepford wives, he's been banned from this site because of his general assholery towards other members, and we're still quoting him? Fuck that guy. Seriously. I'm sick of this negative, arrogant jerk being quoted here. He hates this site! Why even give him the damn time of day?

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
If the Rams look like garbage for the whole first half the starters play in the third preseason game will it be more acceptable to seriously start questioning this team?

jjab360

Legend
Why are we even quoting that guy? He said that this site brings nothing and that we're all a bunch of Stepford wives, he's been banned from this site because of his general assholery towards other members, and we're still quoting him? freak that guy. Seriously. I'm sick of this negative, arrogant jerk being quoted here. He hates this site! Why even give him the damn time of day?
C'mon man, you're only giving him the type of reaction he's looking for. Don't even let it get to you.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Why are we even quoting that guy? He said that this site brings nothing and that we're all a bunch of Stepford wives, he's been banned from this site because of his general assholery towards other members, and we're still quoting him? freak that guy. Seriously. I'm sick of this negative, arrogant jerk being quoted here. He hates this site! Why even give him the damn time of day?
I just wanted to get insight into one of his comments, without even naming him. Unfortunately, I got outed. Didn't want to start a s-storm. But his comments about the limited number of reps our young O-line is getting is interesting.