Official Underwhelmed Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
0ap3000000515089.jpg

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend
Started to make a list of all the players who underwhelmed me tonight, but realized I was just naming the entire starting lineup..

SierraRam

Recreational User
Rams did not give up a sack in first half.

Thanks to Rhaney on our one passing first down - he had a key block to slow the rush.

But holy crap! Out hustled, out rushed, out passed, out blocked, out tackled, out coached...

Hell, we were even out punted. I am 'officially underwhelmed'

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
If the Rams are this tired from traveling, I hope it's a good learning experience on what to do different for those eight real games they will travel.

V3

Hall of Fame
If the Rams are this tired from traveling, I hope it's a good learning experience on what to do different for those eight real games they will travel.
I vote less sightseeing and fighting.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I know its just the preseason. And maybe there is something to that. But there's an old saying, you play like you practice.

If we were a winning team in the past, I would accept the excuse that its the preseason. But we weren't good last year and we're not looking good two games into the preseason. The we lined up against looks much better than our team. On both sides of the ball. And I really don't think that team will be a .500 team.

I honestly never bought into that whole we're on the verge of being a payoff thing. I felt we were no better than a .500 team with what we have going into the season. Now I'm thinking we might struggle to match last year's record. If I'm Fisher I'm concerned. Unless Kroenke has told him he has nothing to worry about.

dhaab

Rookie
If I actually gambled on NFL games, I would bet on every single Rams preseason game that they would lose. This team looks so completely lost in every preseason game, that it makes me wonder why Fisher even plays first team guys. They play as vanilla as a team can play and they basically look like they want to lose. Never seen a team so utterly useless as this team is in the preseason. And usually this apathy carries over into the regular season, so for anyone who wants to criticize this, there is a track record of it being a very bad way to prepare for a regular season game. I'll say it again, Fisher is one of the most overrated NFL coaches ever.

fancents86

Starter
This is our poker face. Schotty clearly forgot his play book at the office before he left and that's what we're using for preseason.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know its just the preseason. And maybe there is something to that. But there's an old saying, you play like you practice.

If we were a winning team in the past, I would accept the excuse that its the preseason. But we weren't good last year and we're not looking good two games into the preseason. The we lined up against looks much better than our team. On both sides of the ball. And I really don't think that team will be a .500 team.

I honestly never bought into that whole we're on the verge of being a payoff thing. I felt we were no better than a .500 team with what we have going into the season. Now I'm thinking we might struggle to match last year's record. If I'm Fisher I'm concerned. Unless Kroenke has told him he has nothing to worry about.

let's not get carried away here.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm becoming convinced that the DBs have been taught to throw a shoulder at opponents rather than wrapping them up.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
A couple real Questions I have to ask. First, can anyone say, with a straight face, this team is better this week versus last week? Second, am I just being too hyper-critical about the team's performance in these past couple games?

I'm not one to make excuses, but is any/all of the following the cause for tonight's poor performance.

1 - Starting the week in Oxnard and the debacle in day two of the combined practice with Dallas
2 - Being in Oxnard and dealing with possible re-location talks/rumors, etc.
3 - Too much travel from St. Louis to Oakland to Oxnard to St. Louis to Nashville.
4 - Still a young team struggling to find any kind of groove / learning how to win.
5 - Too much expectations of a breakout year and competing for a playoff spot.
6 - Too much pressure on defense to carry team.
7 - Fisher's laid back approach to preseason.
8 - Something else??

I was so excited for the season to get started, and am really disappointed with what I've seen so far.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I actually gambled on NFL games, I would bet on every single Rams preseason game that they would lose. This team looks so completely lost in every preseason game, that it makes me wonder why Fisher even plays first team guys. They play as vanilla as a team can play and they basically look like they want to lose. Never seen a team so utterly useless as this team is in the preseason. And usually this apathy carries over into the regular season, so for anyone who wants to criticize this, there is a track record of it being a very bad way to prepare for a regular season game. I'll say it again, Fisher is one of the most overrated NFL coaches ever.
This is essentially what I got out of TheHammer's posts. I know a lot of people thought he was being too negative, but sure seems to me that his TC observations were the most accurate given what we're seeing on the field.

Moostache

Rookie
3-13.
This team has that written all over them.
Defense is over rated.
Offense is nonexistant.
Fisher is an anachronism.

Kroenke could not care less because he has checked out. Top to bottom this team is set up for one of the most pathetic seasons in NFL history.

This clown car team should be banned from LA because they are impersonating an NFL team at this point.

Maybe I am wrong...maybe this point-per-quarter offense will pan out.... (sarcasm...phone has no blue...)

ram007

Starter
All the starters are healthy. Cousin minion understands that. Who cares what the score is in PRESEASON

giphy.gif