Official Underwhelmed Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It is only pre season and some of you have thrown in the towel already? Fisher plays every preseason game like he is keeping a secret. You should be used to it by now. You wont see the real team until the season starts.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Gonna hold my breath until the regular season starts. Although I'm really underwhelmed with the offense as a whole. That's understandable considering our linemen consists of maulers, our passing game is gonna suck until these young-uns are cohesive.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It is only pre season and some of you have thrown in the towel already? Fisher plays every preseason game like he is keeping a secret. You should be used to it by now. You wont see the real team until the season starts.

Actually, based on past preseason and camp with Fisher you won't see the real team until week 6-8, depending on home or away game schedule.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Actually, based on past preseason and camp with Fisher you won't see the real team until week 6-8, depending on home or away game schedule.

So we won't get close to competing, but Fisher gets us just enough wins to stop himself getting fired....again?

The slow, lazy, sloppy camp and pre-season thing is starting to be a worry because its a trend, not a one-off. And that trend has tended to carry over into the regular season. There doesn't seem to be any evidence to suggest this year will be different.

Perhaps pre-season means nothing....

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Judging from today, and other years under Fisher, we are going to lose games because of coming out flat like we did today. Games that we should have won, against weaker opponents. But, also a key with Fisher, we will win some games that we should have no chance of winning. I guess the key is how we start the season. If we go 3-5 again, then fuck it, it's a wasted season again.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
0ap3000000515089.jpg

"Rams get mushed in the face in Tennessee."

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Mannion, Givens, Watts, Joyner and Keenum are the only ones who get praise tonight. Let them go home early, keep everyone else and ask them why they didn't come to play today.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Every year we hear "Its just the preseason". Like I said earlier, if we were a previous playoff team I wouldn't put much stock in the poor play during the preseason. But we've been a losing team for a long time. Preseasons then looked like preseason now. "Its just the preseason" turns into "Its just September". Then "Its just October". Finally December comes and its "Who do we draft next year?"

Lesson

Oh, really?
Every year we hear "Its just the preseason". Like I said earlier, if we were a previous playoff team I wouldn't put much stock in the poor play during the preseason. But we've been a losing team for a long time. Preseasons then looked like preseason now. "Its just the preseason" turns into "Its just September". Then "Its just October". Finally December comes and its "Who do we draft next year?"

I'll gladly take being 0-4 in the preseason and making the POs over being 4-0 and finishing 2-14.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If the Rams are this tired from traveling, I hope it's a good learning experience on what to do different for those eight real games they will travel.

Well, that will teach Fisher that having the team form a peloton and cycling from CA to TN probably wasn't the best idea...

Plus, they lost out on all those miles...

dhaab

Rookie

No, we won't see the real team until week 4, which is precisely what we've seen since the day Fisher began as the Rams head coach. I'm tired of this crap and anyone paying attention to this Rams team is too. I know this will sound like a conspiracy theory, but I'm convinced now more than ever that he was hired just to keep the Rams right around .500 until they get back to LA.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I wouldn't get too worked up for seeing anything much tonight. It's been a hard week and Fish doesn't seem to care about game two.

I'm hoping for a TD or two from Foles though, but if not, I'm not going to get concerned.

^^^^^This maybe?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow this and all Rams sites are going to be fun this season with all the people who have given up already :)

dhaab

Rookie
Wow this and all Rams sites are going to be fun this season with all the people who have given up already :)

Seriously, what do you expect? I mean, you would have to be blind to not see a trend here. The team plays like utter crap every single preseason and then they continue that trend the first few games of the season. Before they finally get some semblance of cohesiveness, it's too late into the season to matter.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler

Well, when you suck for more than 10 years straight and every preseason team looks like every regular season team.....you learn to give in sooner rather than later. In the end the Rams have proven the naysayers right EVERY year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, when you suck for more than 10 years straight and every preseason team looks like every regular season team.....you learn to give in sooner rather than later. In the end the Rams have proven the naysayers right EVERY year.

Why watch the team then? What enjoyment do you derive from this if you can't even wait until the regular season to give up?

rams2050

Starter
Think about it: Kroenke WANTS to hack off the fans so that they DON'T show up at the Dome. That way he can say that "St. Louis won't support the Rams," which gives him a valid argument to back up his rationale for moving back to LA.

Genius, if it weren't so damned disheartening and just flat-out wrong! St. Louis fans deserve better but all we've been given, during the past 11 or so years, has been dreck, dreck and even more DRECK!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, we won't see the real team until week 4, which is precisely what we've seen since the day Fisher began as the Rams head coach. I'm tired of this crap and anyone paying attention to this Rams team is too. I know this will sound like a conspiracy theory, but I'm convinced now more than ever that he was hired just to keep the Rams right around .500 until they get back to LA.
Interesting theory. I hadn't thought about that.

Some believe Georgia moved the team to Anaheim in order to deflate the LA fanbase as part of a longer term strategy for a move to StL. I wouldn't put it past an owner to do something similar again.

It does seem really odd that this consistent mediocrity is allowed to continue.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Kind of reminds me of the team who was in LA getting ready to move to StL

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why watch the team then? What enjoyment do you derive from this if you can't even wait until the regular season to give up?
Personally, I have my whole life invested in this team. They are like family. I can't imagine supporting or following another team.