Official Training Camp Thread - Day Three!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
KnowBody:

This will be all flow, no order, other than that divined by chance

What I saw was what I expected to see, a magical catch by Stedman Bailey

On a perfect throw by Nick Foles where he put it the only place it could be

Jenks made a strong play on the ball, but Bailey’s concentration and hands were to strong.. he and Foles hooked up for what, to me, was the play of the day for the offense

The defense is making plays and forcing turnovers. Swarming to the ball and attacking with brutality, maybe too much, even, because the pads are not even on yet.. but still, I respect that they gave all their heart to a practice, as should be done, as it is just as important as the performance that you are in training for

Let me interrupt this transcript to explain to you how wrong I can be. I thought Isaiah Pead was going to be a superstar Barry Sanders type running back in this league. I talked him up endlessly during his first training camp. I did my part in creating a false set of expectations for you all to have; which is why this report, as well as any report, should be taken lightly, and read for sheer enjoyment, and not for actually learning anything, in my opinion. Pead saw limited action but gave every ounce of energy and heart that he had to it, so for that alone he should be commended. Just because he didn’t live up to my unrealistic expectations, doesn’t make him a failure, not in my eyes, at least
I was distraught when I did not see Gaines on the field, but Marcus Roberson stepped up and made some place out there.. and speaking of CB’s, Joyner is my Defensive MVP of the practice of 8-2… he made a strong play on the ball protecting a score at the last second and came up with what would have been a pick six, once again created by heavy pressure from our dominant Dline

I really do love every player on the team and people in general, which is why I am writing this report, but in my opinion, Gaines is a better cornerback than Janoris Jenkins… don’t get me wrong, I love me some Jenk, when he is recovering fumbles, intercepting the ball and laying out TE’s, and I hope he has a phenomenal season, but I still think Gaines is the more consistent corner of the two.. is it my Mizzou loyalty bleeding through, perhaps, but I think the world of Gaines and his potential, so long as he can stay healthy.. hope the reports on his health are positive!!

Ogletree might be our best defensive player, or the player with the highest ceiling, other than anyone on our DL.. he is fun to watch play the game. The zone blitzing that Williams enjoys to use in order to confuse the offense presnap plays perfectly into his game because he can play man or zone as well as a safety.. he should have had a pick today.. foles was forced to throw a bad pass by the nonstop interior beast rush, he stepped up to make the play, similarly to his pick six against the Texans, but dropped the ball.. hopefully he makes that play when it counts

Side note: It is nice not having to report on how well sam Bradford is looking this time of year

Not saying that Nick is the surefire answer, but he did throw a few beautiful balls today, as did Keenum, in conditions that do not accurately represent real game conditions, so they thusly must be taken for what they are… nothing… he also made a few poor throws.. our offense is struggling to find itself against a great defense. So as long as the offensive players don’t let the lack of perfection disable them from maintaining that inner confidence, they will grow, together, better every day.. they just have to learn how to work together and communicate..

that new OLine looks the part, with those massive piles of pure beastliness ready to protect at all costs, but they gave way too much today..

that said, Nick Foles still made some nice throws and the offense had some decent plays, that would have been valid scores or first downs

they are just learning, like young puppies, so I treat them as such, as most of them are way younger than me at 29

Anything that we want pin point our attention on, we will see, and it is difficult to focus on individual points when everything is happening at once, and it is happening instantaneously, and I really didn’t know what to key in on today, but for the most part, so my specifics and what not have been comprimsed

Robinson is an athletic freak at the LT position. He is faster than last year, and much quicker to react with the proper instincts. He made an impressive play on a screen that only the most athletic and determined LT’s can make. He did get beat by Quinn several times, but who doesn’t get struck by black lightning from time to time ?

While flowing on the Dline

The interior of our Oline was eaten alive by Donald and Fairley today, and don’t forget about Brockers too, what a beastly line we have… but the addition of Fairley might have been a bigger move than I first thought

Stedman Bailey is our #1 receiver, imo, he needs to be on the field more

Tavon looks more confident and sure of himself than he did a few years ago.. I expect to be wrong about him being a bust. He already isn’t a bust, as he helped us beat indy, and I love and respect any Ram on the team that does anything to help us win games

But losing, as a Rams fan, it has been great.. I love rooting for the underdog. That said, I am ready for the Rams to dominate. From start to finish of every game, all year long. I know that perfection is impossible. But so was that throw that Foles made to Bailey, and yet, as we know, it was still made.

I just hope we get through camp and preseason healthy

I didn’t focus much on the specifics because I spent the majority of my concentration on communicating with this interesting individual that I met there who helped me remember how unimportant money is, as it will leave every single one of you when it is your time to pass on from this life.. also, he pointed out the three bright shining trees on the otherside.. I could try to explain what we communicated about but it would be a waste of time and space

Thus, as it is now apparent, I was able to care enough about that communication, and let go of caring so much about every single play that is made at practice today, because I didn’t think I was going to write a report.

I didn’t go to camp to write a report

I went to camp to watch the magical Bailey catch and talk to this brother of mine that doesn’t even really care much for the Rams

You don’t have to be a rams fan to be on my side
As evidence by the title, this practice wasn’t serious, not to me at least, but a serious fight did break out between the offense and defense

The energy at this practice was intense, even though I know that the coaches wanted them to take it easy and focus on technique and that sort of thing

This team could turn into something very special.. I don’t want to preach optimism so that I can form my little tent of Rams believers, but I haven’t seen a defense this disruptive and chaotic and downright dominant since I became a Rams fan back when they moved to Saint Louis

The key will be can this offensive line create time and space for Foles and our Rb’s

The key will always be, is our interior our greatest strength?

On defense, yes, on offense, I’m not so sure. It is a mystery

It was refreshing to see Rams football being played again

I look forward to my own continued self growth as well as the growth of this team

However, if this team lets me down, which it has done every year for the last 15 years, I will still love them

I just hope they stay in STL

Go Rams!!!!

i see the heart and i love it

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
EJ was just "stepped" on...So they say he's cool...I'm not nervous...Roberson had 3 picks in one practice....Man, that dude can play....

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks a lot for this thread, guys. You do not know how much it means for us who live a ways off. Kudos!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
KnowBody:

This will be all flow, no order, other than that divined by chance

What I saw was what I expected to see, a magical catch by Stedman Bailey

On a perfect throw by Nick Foles where he put it the only place it could be

Jenks made a strong play on the ball, but Bailey’s concentration and hands were to strong.. he and Foles hooked up for what, to me, was the play of the day for the offense

The defense is making plays and forcing turnovers. Swarming to the ball and attacking with brutality, maybe too much, even, because the pads are not even on yet.. but still, I respect that they gave all their heart to a practice, as should be done, as it is just as important as the performance that you are in training for

Let me interrupt this transcript to explain to you how wrong I can be. I thought Isaiah Pead was going to be a superstar Barry Sanders type running back in this league. I talked him up endlessly during his first training camp. I did my part in creating a false set of expectations for you all to have; which is why this report, as well as any report, should be taken lightly, and read for sheer enjoyment, and not for actually learning anything, in my opinion. Pead saw limited action but gave every ounce of energy and heart that he had to it, so for that alone he should be commended. Just because he didn’t live up to my unrealistic expectations, doesn’t make him a failure, not in my eyes, at least
I was distraught when I did not see Gaines on the field, but Marcus Roberson stepped up and made some place out there.. and speaking of CB’s, Joyner is my Defensive MVP of the practice of 8-2… he made a strong play on the ball protecting a score at the last second and came up with what would have been a pick six, once again created by heavy pressure from our dominant Dline

I really do love every player on the team and people in general, which is why I am writing this report, but in my opinion, Gaines is a better cornerback than Janoris Jenkins… don’t get me wrong, I love me some Jenk, when he is recovering fumbles, intercepting the ball and laying out TE’s, and I hope he has a phenomenal season, but I still think Gaines is the more consistent corner of the two.. is it my Mizzou loyalty bleeding through, perhaps, but I think the world of Gaines and his potential, so long as he can stay healthy.. hope the reports on his health are positive!!

Ogletree might be our best defensive player, or the player with the highest ceiling, other than anyone on our DL.. he is fun to watch play the game. The zone blitzing that Williams enjoys to use in order to confuse the offense presnap plays perfectly into his game because he can play man or zone as well as a safety.. he should have had a pick today.. foles was forced to throw a bad pass by the nonstop interior beast rush, he stepped up to make the play, similarly to his pick six against the Texans, but dropped the ball.. hopefully he makes that play when it counts

Side note: It is nice not having to report on how well sam Bradford is looking this time of year

Not saying that Nick is the surefire answer, but he did throw a few beautiful balls today, as did Keenum, in conditions that do not accurately represent real game conditions, so they thusly must be taken for what they are… nothing… he also made a few poor throws.. our offense is struggling to find itself against a great defense. So as long as the offensive players don’t let the lack of perfection disable them from maintaining that inner confidence, they will grow, together, better every day.. they just have to learn how to work together and communicate..

that new OLine looks the part, with those massive piles of pure beastliness ready to protect at all costs, but they gave way too much today..

that said, Nick Foles still made some nice throws and the offense had some decent plays, that would have been valid scores or first downs

they are just learning, like young puppies, so I treat them as such, as most of them are way younger than me at 29

Anything that we want pin point our attention on, we will see, and it is difficult to focus on individual points when everything is happening at once, and it is happening instantaneously, and I really didn’t know what to key in on today, but for the most part, so my specifics and what not have been comprimsed

Robinson is an athletic freak at the LT position. He is faster than last year, and much quicker to react with the proper instincts. He made an impressive play on a screen that only the most athletic and determined LT’s can make. He did get beat by Quinn several times, but who doesn’t get struck by black lightning from time to time ?

While flowing on the Dline

The interior of our Oline was eaten alive by Donald and Fairley today, and don’t forget about Brockers too, what a beastly line we have… but the addition of Fairley might have been a bigger move than I first thought

Stedman Bailey is our #1 receiver, imo, he needs to be on the field more

Tavon looks more confident and sure of himself than he did a few years ago.. I expect to be wrong about him being a bust. He already isn’t a bust, as he helped us beat indy, and I love and respect any Ram on the team that does anything to help us win games

But losing, as a Rams fan, it has been great.. I love rooting for the underdog. That said, I am ready for the Rams to dominate. From start to finish of every game, all year long. I know that perfection is impossible. But so was that throw that Foles made to Bailey, and yet, as we know, it was still made.

I just hope we get through camp and preseason healthy

I didn’t focus much on the specifics because I spent the majority of my concentration on communicating with this interesting individual that I met there who helped me remember how unimportant money is, as it will leave every single one of you when it is your time to pass on from this life.. also, he pointed out the three bright shining trees on the otherside.. I could try to explain what we communicated about but it would be a waste of time and space

Thus, as it is now apparent, I was able to care enough about that communication, and let go of caring so much about every single play that is made at practice today, because I didn’t think I was going to write a report.

I didn’t go to camp to write a report

I went to camp to watch the magical Bailey catch and talk to this brother of mine that doesn’t even really care much for the Rams

You don’t have to be a rams fan to be on my side
As evidence by the title, this practice wasn’t serious, not to me at least, but a serious fight did break out between the offense and defense

The energy at this practice was intense, even though I know that the coaches wanted them to take it easy and focus on technique and that sort of thing

This team could turn into something very special.. I don’t want to preach optimism so that I can form my little tent of Rams believers, but I haven’t seen a defense this disruptive and chaotic and downright dominant since I became a Rams fan back when they moved to Saint Louis

The key will be can this offensive line create time and space for Foles and our Rb’s

The key will always be, is our interior our greatest strength?

On defense, yes, on offense, I’m not so sure. It is a mystery

It was refreshing to see Rams football being played again

I look forward to my own continued self growth as well as the growth of this team

However, if this team lets me down, which it has done every year for the last 15 years, I will still love them

I just hope they stay in STL

Go Rams!!!!

i see the heart and i love it

I have no idea what half of this even means but I enjoyed it all the same

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
EJ was just "stepped" on...So they say he's cool...I'm not nervous...Roberson had 3 picks in one practice....Man, that dude can play....
Yeah. I liked him last year too.
He's a no brainer for me to make the 53

V3

Hall of Fame
@Dodgersrf
TVufmOt.jpg
I seriously spent like 4 or 5 minutes trying to figure out whose legs/feet are whose. I think I got it now and it doesn't look so bad. At first glance, though, it looks horrible.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
@Dodgersrf

I seriously spent like 4 or 5 minutes trying to figure out whose legs/feet are whose. I think I got it now and it doesn't look so bad. At first glance, though, it looks horrible.
Aahhhhh.
Now I see it.
The shadow did give the illusion that they had the wrong legs.
Thanks for pointing that out. It looks much better.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Had another great day today. I saw that JT reported a larger crowd yesterday but I have to disagree. It sure looked a lot more crowded today to me. I got to take my two sons and they had a blast. ROD had a great showing out there today. I saw @RamzFanz and @CoachO again and met @Leuzer @Tortoise and @badnews there as well!

I don’t have a lot to add beyond what others have already posted. Just a few notes:

The fighting part was cool but the injury part sucked.

One guy that jumped out at us as the Oline was doing the hill drill was Isaiah Battle. My son commented how he was the biggest one.

Again today we saw Foles under a lot of pressure. I will say this though, while the pass protection is behind (or appears so) from where we would like the run blocking is excellent.

Bailey catches everything.

Number 8 was called out again today a few times…WR Tyler Slavin.

V3

Hall of Fame
Aahhhhh.
Now I see it.
The shadow did give the illusion that they had the wrong legs.
Thanks for pointing that out. It looks much better.
Gotta love those optical illusions.

Here's some more for practice:
npkC4XQ.png

iVmk9eW.jpg

6a5yEBP.png

oHAm8X7.png

p0Ngndy.jpg

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Glad to hear about Roberson, I for one never doubted him. He was rated as a 2nd rounder by a lot of draft experts. I even took him in the 2nd round of the ROD mock draft for the Vikings last year. (I had 3 2nd round picks) And for some reason he slipped all the way to us as an UFA last year, and played pretty well.