Official Training Camp Thread - Day 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

ifun-6wtniczn.gif

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
Quick favor to ask, can anyone who would be so kind fill me in on who appears to be getting reps with the first team as a back in short yardage situations with Gurley out?

Thank you kindly!

Hey guys,

Sorry to bump my own post, not my typical behavior, but I really am curious to the answer to this question.

Was it Mason?

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
Got it, sorry I missed that earlier, thank you Ramzfanz!

I must admit, I'm hoping Malcolm Brown gets a shot at the role if Gurley had to miss time. I think the kid has the type of lower body leverage that could make him a success there for at least a little bit.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey guys,

Sorry to bump my own post, not my typical behavior, but I really am curious to the answer to this question.

Was it Mason?

Cunningham mostly and not much success. Tre is looking good though.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's going to be tough. He's going to have to play out of his mind.

He is. He's getting open and catching everything. He's also been fielding punts with TA the last two days.

I think preseason we'll see him a lot.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Quick was there and Quick caught everything that came his way.
Thanks. That is good to hear/see/read/?. I didn't see any tweets about him, but I read a few good ones about Britt. Those two with Bailey and Cook are really stepping up this offseason. I truly hope whatever it is that is plaguing Kendricks, it disappears before the regular season. I have faith in him.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
Cunningham mostly and not much success. Tre is looking good though.

I'd think Gurley will be the short yardage guy once he is healthy, but considering Mason and Cunningham are both more "dynamic home run hitter" type guys, I dunno if either is a fit in a short yardage role.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If Kendricks was going to develop good hands it would have happened by now unfortunately. He's good for a surprise route now and then but the Rams really only have two TEs with good hands in my estimation: Cook and Bayer. And Cook has lapses in real game-time situations particularly important ones.

Re: Rodriguez I'd rather see him on the depth chart than Givens. At least he can provide safe hands on punts and kickoffs when the Rams are sitting on a lead.