Official Rams@Redskins Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Just gotta take this 1 week at time. Win 1 of AZ or Pit and they'll be in good shape. After the Cleveland game, be at .500. Go from there.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yep
Let's not forget, it's so early in the season that weird results can and do happen. There's very little film on anyone at the moment

Yep!

Losses are always hard, though. I'm pissed, but an NFL season is a journey. So, next week is another data point on where this team is at. Still too early to tell.

Big Willie

Starter
This was a terrible loss, but.... We know how hard it is to win on the road and when you get an inconsistent young team that is attempting to find itself this is what happens. Don't be surprised if this team goes out and beats Pittsburgh next week. What burns me more than the flat performance is the fact that two of your "playmakers" (Quick and Gurley) didn't even suit up when I think both are ready to help this team be better. How many dropped balls did we have from the WRs and RBs today? Mason got no yardage and put one on the ground. I am pretty sure Quick and Gurly could have done better than what we saw today.

Also, it is clearly evident that Laurinitious has slipped to the point where he makes no plays, Ayers was invisible these last two games, JJ is not the shut down corner he believes he is, Cook is still horrific as a blocker and his pass catching skills aren't much better (but he is still fast and tall....what the saying "looks like Tarzan, plays like..."), and the play calling that many touted as great last week regressed well below the mean.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not mad at the offense at ALL...They'll need time to jell...And guess what? I damn sure DON'T wanna throw Todd Gurley in the middle of this mix until we straighten all the bullshit out...

Mason wasn't ready from what I'm hearing....Benny is really a backup...See? When he's in the gameplan, he'll struggle...Cook is sometimey...but our best offensive threat while Quick is down...I'd cut his ass next year...and I saw a couple TE's yesterday we could use...Hell, I wanted ASJ or Kelsey....

We miss Quick...Foles really does...And he doesn't even know it...

Coach Boo is creaping on my shit list...he wanted to draft these guys, right? He's the GURU right?

On to this defense....nicknames...players say so & so is good...yada-yada-yada....I cheer for the name ON THE FRONT of the JERSEY!!!!

Missed tackles (and I've only seen the first half) , plus....yall know who....we are WEAK up the MIDDLE..simple as that...It will kill you eventually...

Let me watch the whole game...

Jesus could cure all that ills us...but Quick & Gurley would be a great start....

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I don't see how anyone can say people are overreacting when talking about Fisher. This is year four and there are no excuses. Either make the playoffs or you may be looking for another job. It would be one thing if the Rams were a playoff team most seasons, but they aren't. The continually play like this. As I've said before, this is year 21 he is coaching and this is what he gets out of his teams most seasons. Sure it is only week two, but we have all seen this before and they have to prove to us that they are going to be better before some fans will have faith. As of yet they have not earned it at all. I will say it again, if Fisher does not make the playoffs he should be fired. I'm tired of mediocrity.

Athos

Legend
It was 17-10 at the start of the 4th qtr. This isn't the 85 Bears. To expect any defense to overcome a completely anemic offense (on the road especially) is being unrealistic. They got gashed early but were on the field all day.

Mizzou has had a shit offense all season and their D has stood strong.

I'm not saying a shit offense has no effect, but in crunch time, the D has chances for stops to get us a chance to tie, and they shat the bed repeatedly on 3rd and middle and 3rd and long to a ducking Cousins led offense. That's pathetic. They looked disinterested from the first snap.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
I'm sorry, but going into Fisher's fourth season I see an average defense team with a plus pass rush along with a below average offensive team.

I would not be surprised to find the Rams dead last in rushing yardage and, after today, near the bottom defending the run.

Some foundation.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I thought the entire O line played terrible from start to finish. The running game is non existent so far. Not only do guys get no push, there is usually a defender in the back field immediately. This gives Foles no help when it comes to Play Action with plays not using Tavon. I also thought the back 7 of the D was hot trash today. They have Garcon and Reed, and couldn't stop either one. JL55 is the far too slow to be effective if he isn't unblocked. I don't think the D can rise above 10-15 with him at MLB. You need more impact plays than he gives IMO. Also, is anyone else waiting for Chris Long to make a splash play? Pressure is nice, but not what wins games. You gotta get to the QB.

We knew the Offense would struggle some early, the D should be lights out and it's just not. Still some players that can be upgraded.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Thats all fine and dandy, but we haven't done that in Fisher's tenure. After today, there's nothing to suggest it will be different this year.
Luckily, we're talking about sport where the outcome isn't etched in stone. This is only the second game, for crying out loud.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I don't see how anyone can say people are overreacting when talking about Fisher. This is year four and there are no excuses. Either make the playoffs or you may be looking for another job. It would be one thing if the Rams were a playoff team most seasons, but they aren't. The continually play like this. As I've said before, this is year 21 he is coaching and this is what he gets out of his teams most seasons. Sure it is only week two, but we have all seen this before and they have to prove to us that they are going to be better before some fans will have faith. As of yet they have not earned it at all. I will say it again, if Fisher does not make the playoffs he should be fired. I'm tired of mediocrity.
I think it's overreacting based on this game alone, especially when his praises were being sung last week. Now, if we're talking about a .500 season and below come the end of the season, then it's time for a regime change, imo.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Year 10 of poor OL play. Every year same thing. Can't block. Can't control the LOS. I've been more critical than most of the OL choices of the last couple of drafts and I've seen nothing so far to make me think I was being unfair. You have to be able to pass block in this league, you just have to, it's not an option, and we can't. At a certain point just crying "youth" doesn't get it. I know many may disagree but a team that gets almost 1000 yards out a RB with back up QBs and no OL, then drafts another RB in the 3rd and gets a similar performance with similar challenges, then drafts another injured RB in the 1st without addressing the OL is a team that isn't going to have sustained success. Or really much success at all. JMO. I hope I'm proven wrong. Us making the playoffs and filling the dome is the best thing that could happen to STL, but I just don't see a real run unless this OL starts to play.

As for this regime, it's year 4 and this team has just lost another game we should have won. I know we aren't supposed to mention the "R" word, but Jeff Fisher coaches like he knows everything is going to be ok for him. This is a coach that preaches aggression and effort but yet rarely gets it in a consistent manner.

The Bradford/Foles debate as to who got fleeced? I watched the first half of Dallas Philly. Today I'd say we both got fleeced.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
No venting. Just giving up the fact that we will ever be a good team. Different players, different coaches, same result. Completely pathetic performance against a team that is absolutely terrible. Until we are about 7-3 I refuse to buy into anything this year.

Redskins "absolutely terrible" ..... I disagree completely.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I say this over and over......................

Every year people say the same things -

"the Rams suck!"

"No they don't, it's only the 1st game, 2nd game.......we are almost .500, we are learning, we are a young team!"

That's 10+ years of the same lines and every year the Rams suck. Fisher has been here 4 years.......that's 1 year past the average time a coach needs to turnaround a team if he can. We haven't got better at anything!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think it's overreacting based on this game alone, especially when his praises were being sung last week. Now, if we're talking about a .500 season and below come the end of the season, then it's time for a regime change, imo.

I am right with you. I was high last week. I'm not getting too low this week.

You can't ignore last week, just like you can't assume this week is who we are.

16 games is a long season. We've all watched enough football to see teams get on a roll. It doesn't always start week 1, 2, 3, etc.

But I understand the critique of Fisher. That's on him. Lets hope he proves himself.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Can anyone else relate?
Very much so.

Fisher can take his mustache and fuck himself with it for that pee pee poor excuse of a gameplan. Our O-line obviously hasnt learned crap from going against our D-line in practice everyday. I haven't seen anything this pathetic since the finale of Dexter.
I realize this is the vent thread but - seriously?