OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Today and last nights updates are amazing. Just walking around with a big smile on my face while working today.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm not. Makes no sense for him to sign longer. Hasn't played enough for big money. So he signs a short term deal to prove himself, and fast track to the big bucks.
I kind of figured it was more like Demoff tells him
"Look we have to pay AD_99 and we have that franchise tag on TruJo, once we get that money cleared there will be a big pay day coming for you.'

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Who's our 2 ILB's? Ogletree & Forrest? OLB's will be Quinn + draftee (or Barwin? :D)?
I'm totally new to 3-4 defenses, dunno what it takes for these roles now. No idea if we actually have these types of players on the roster currently. And even if we do, they'll need reprogramming (can Quinn be a 3-4 OLB??).

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Yeah, I wasn't super high on him either, even if he was just a 2-down guy. Hope someone like Barwin is still on the table.
As Aaron Kromer said

Their motivation is from within

If we have to motivate them to play professional football , we have the wrong guy

Jarvis Jones is the wrong guy

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty sure Barron will be our 2nd ILB - ala Deone Bucannon for the Cardinals.

I'm not thrilled with that but what else are you going to do with that contract of his? I get the sense that this coaching staff won't want to strong safeties back there either..

Our other 3-4 OLBs aren't on the team yet - we need at least two more. Also need a nose tackle.

We should be set at DE, and in a pinch Brockers can play NT I think. And we need a CB so that we can move Joyner or Webster to safety.

So that's 4 guys on defense - 2 of which are strictly for depth, so could be had on day 3 of the draft. We will probably draft a CB on day 2 of the draft. Which leaves OLB - either sign one or that's a priority on draft day.

On offense we don't need any bodies - we need to upgrade some bodies though. TE is a question mark, need another WR.

That should be good for the offense if the Bills don't match Groy.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Who's our 2 ILB's? Ogletree & Forrest? OLB's will be Quinn + draftee (or Barwin? :D)?

That's the million dollar question right now. Ogletree starting for sure, Forrest as starter or reserve remains to be seen. Quinn should be more than fine if he's 100% healthy.
Barwin makes me a bit nervous as one of those barely post 30's guys who has already topped off, if he came in as a back-up with reasonable salary demands & a relatively short contract, then yes, he might also make for a decent bridge. Remember Laurinaitis hit his peak and started tailing off in his mid/later 20's, not that Barwin will fade quite as quickly as JL, but i'm guessing his best days are behind him.
If we could trade for Gordon or land Boldin on a one year contract, that should relieve some pressure allowing us to draft a top OLB early. jmo

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
Rams have a really solid chance at shoring up most of our holes going into draft giving us a lot of freedom with our picks.

Then, hopefully we can go BPA and not get all cutesy with drafting 10 of any one position (I'm looking at you oline).