OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Bills may not take all 5 days to notify him. I mean, they could, but if they may know and decide to inform?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Haven't heard a thing about TJ or Zuerlein but Benny has been to the Jets and the Falcons.... maybe? Depends on who you believe on twitter last night lol.

EDIT: EDIT: ignore my first edit it was a pinned tweet lol. Nothing to see here but assumptions and conclusion jumping.

That's solid though. Time will tell. Greg just signed

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Damnit, just read Jerome Felton likely to sign with the Falcons. Really wanted the Rams to bring him in. A true bruising blocking FB. We need one. Hope they have a good plan to get one.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It could be Buffalo and the Rams work out a trade. Maybe Groy can come over as a small part of a Tru deal.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Damnit, just read Jerome Felton likely to sign with the Falcons. Really wanted the Rams to bring him in. A true bruising blocking FB. We need one. Hope they have a good plan to get one.

I think Harkey will do fine, and he's a dual threat if they'd just use him. For some reason Fisher/Boras just decided to park him last season and he had very few snaps, and that certainly didn't help Gurley, where in 2015 PFF scored Harkey I believe at # 10 or 11 overall for FB's, and Gurley had a nice rookie season. Harkey didn't have enough snaps last year to even garner a grade. jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Who's our 2 ILB's? Ogletree & Forrest? OLB's will be Quinn + draftee (or Barwin? :D)?
I'm totally new to 3-4 defenses, dunno what it takes for these roles now. No idea if we actually have these types of players on the roster currently. And even if we do, they'll need reprogramming (can Quinn be a 3-4 OLB??).

It would appear that Wade is very thick in inside LB'ers.Super thin @ OSLB'ers. Never know what Wade will do with Mark Barron many say strong safety few others think ISLB. That would be the first question Wade needs to work out but if Wade likes Barron & Alexander @ safety posts then Josh Forrest would be your top prospect to line up as the strong inside LB'er post. Qgletree would be the top Weak inside LB'er. Reserves of Bryce Hager, Reggie Northrup, Cassanova Mckinzy & Nicholas Grigsby are available for action.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
So I know this is a little off topic but does anyone else dislike Myles Simmons as much as I do? That dude is incredibly annoying. And to make things worse, he hasn't even seen Back To The Future or Dumb and Dumber. I've lost all respect for him.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Haven't heard of Zuttah, what's his story?
31. He has been a starter for the Ravens for four years. I know he was hurt in 2015, started slowly in 2016, and then turned things around enough to make the Pro Bowl. PFF had him graded middle of the pack. 14th, I believe. Known for his run blocking. He was making too much money for a team with younger and cheaper players who also play center.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Poe just signed with ATL for one year, per twitter sources

Wanted to rescind this note, it appears I jumped the gun. Sorry peeps, he just finished his meetings with Dolphins and a decision is expected soon.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think Harkey will do fine, and he's a dual threat if they'd just use him. For some reason Fisher/Boras just decided to park him last season and he had very few snaps, and that certainly didn't help Gurley, where in 2015 PFF scored Harkey I believe at # 10 or 11 overall for FB's, and Gurley had a nice rookie season. Harkey didn't have enough snaps last year to even garner a grade. jmo.
I love seeing Harkey rumbling down the field with the ball and was really disappointed with the way they did not use him last year.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The Bills may not take all 5 days to notify him. I mean, they could, but if they may know and decide to inform?

Is the the 5-day period 5 working league days ?? That makes it Tuesday before they have to make the final decision ??? I guess if not then it's Sunday..

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I love seeing Harkey rumbling down the field with the ball and was really disappointed with the way they did not use him last year.

Can not blame Cory Harkey for the offensive mess of 2016 so he probably looked better than most others based off his previous past seasons play of 2015 & 2014...but I always liked Cory's overall blocking performance than Lance Kendricks.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It could be Buffalo and the Rams work out a trade. Maybe Groy can come over as a small part of a Tru deal.

Or they can just say will send you our 7th if you don't match which would essentially be a 7th for Groy trade. That has happened in the past in such cases. Just give them an incentive to pass on a match.