OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
In my opinion yes. I'd like to see them get some OLB depth before the draft by signing Jarvis Jones, who they had in for a visit, to a one year prove it contract with the team having the option to extend the contract based on "incentives".

manmaderam

The one and only
Or get some more in CB depth for camp like Jarius Byrd? on a Cheap price for a prove it deal. It would really push our CB

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm pleased with the 3 key additions we've done so far:

1: Andrew Whitworth: one of the best LTs in the league, hardly takes a backward step even at his age!
2. Robert Woods: a great #1b / #2 WR with great route running ability, I can easily see how he'll fit into the multi receiver role that I bet the Rams O takes next season
3. Kayvon Webster: He's going to push to be the #1 CB on the Rams roster and will only improve with more snaps. With the knowledge of Wade's D he's already a step up on everyone else.

Groy: would also be a stellar addition, if we get him, both he and Whitworth will change the coal face of our O-line and I can't wait!

So my question is to you guys - is there another position that we should try and fix in FA???
IMO look for a NT, a OLB and/or an ILB. Not necessarily for regular snaps but depth as well. Also if Tru gets moved a veteran CB obviously is a need.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Any good kickers our there? Besides Greg the Leg?
#Yikes forgot about Gregzilla... I really hope the Rams don't lose him, he & Hekker make a good team & no reason to break up a good thing.
Now if some team wants to overpay him, OK, but otherwise, no way. Extremely glad we locked up Hekker, he's all-pro punter & one of the main reasons our special team play is so rock solid.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Poe just signed with ATL for one year, per twitter sources

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Hearing Dontari Poe is looking for a 1 year deal.

View: https://twitter.com/kpatra/status/841637115037392896

I haven't watched him a ton. Could be a good transitional get for us?

He could maybe provide depth for Brockers. Brock the Rock will be our NT, I don't see him being a 3-4 DE, no way. He can get as big as he wants then, & he's already a monster & will still be athletic enough to eat space & still make tackles. Easely & Donald either side for a nasty penetrating 3-4 DE duo, Quinn + TJ Watt as OLB's.... :D
Cam Thomas was Brock's back-up. Not sure what Poe brings that Cam didn't; seems to me Poe would be a better 4-3 DT?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Anyone know of anything regarding TJ, Zuerlein, or Benny? It doesn't look like they've had any visits. I wonder if McVay would be open to resigning any of them?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
IMO look for a NT, a OLB and/or an ILB. Not necessarily for regular snaps but depth as well. Also if Tru gets moved a veteran CB obviously is a need.

yes, may be worth getting some experienced 3-4 guys, even if they're just rotational - would be useful to have that experienced depth there - good call @OldSchool

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Anyone know of anything regarding TJ, Zuerlein, or Benny? It doesn't look like they've had any visits. I wonder if McVay would be open to resigning any of them?

Benny is the only one I know that had some visits. TJ ive heard nothing, makes me think he is an average SS

Psycho_X

Legend

Haven't heard a thing about TJ or Zuerlein but Benny has been to the Jets and the Falcons.... maybe? Depends on who you believe on twitter last night lol.

EDIT: EDIT: ignore my first edit it was a pinned tweet lol. Nothing to see here but assumptions and conclusion jumping.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Benny is the only one I know that had some visits. TJ ive heard nothing, makes me think he is an average SS
Yeah, I remember the reports saying TJ is likely to leave for FA which says something to me: 1. Tj overvalues himself. 2. McVay/coaching staff doesn't want him. 3. TJ doesn't want to be a Ram.

Psycho_X

Legend
TJ ive heard nothing, makes me think he is an average SS

Well that's my opinion at least, not that it means squat. Did his whole dui thing ever get fully resolved too? Maybe that's still being sorted out? I don't remember.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Haven't heard a thing about TJ or Zuerlein but Benny has been to the Jets and the Falcons.... maybe? Depends on who you believe on twitter last night lol.

EDIT: EDIT: ignore my first edit it was a pinned tweet lol. Nothing to see here but assumptions and conclusion jumping.

There was some talk from Freeman about wanting to be traded, he no longer wants that and is happy there. If he does stay I don't see Benny getting much playing time aside from ST.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, I remember the reports saying TJ is likely to leave for FA which says something to me: 1. Tj overvalues himself. 2. McVay/coaching staff doesn't want him. 3. TJ doesn't want to be a Ram.

Mo Alexander or Barron could both play SS. Mo is much cheaper than TJ may get. Either way they have three SS on the roster. So, I don't think it is a matter of the Rams coaches not wanting him, but more so that they just don't need him. He is a good strong safety.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Mo Alexander or Barron could both play SS. Mo is much cheaper than TJ may get. Either way they have three SS on the roster. So, I don't think it is a matter of the Rams coaches not wanting him, but more so that they just don't need him. He is a good strong safety.

Your right Strong Safety is the least of any concern for Snead & Phillips. They have many options @ this post with many good projected SIGNED candidates.No reason to spend any rare & limited 2017 cap space on a SS who has pending 4 game suspension, two seasons out of four on the injured reserve who best hits in his career were on his own teammates.