OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Or they can just say will send you our 7th if you don't match which would essentially be a 7th for Groy trade. That has happened in the past in such cases. Just give them an incentive to pass on a match.
One would guess that may work if the Rams had a 7th draft choice to trade....the one they did have was in Wm. Hayes luggage to Miami.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
We have Baltimore's from the Chris Givens trade still.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Or they can just say will send you our 7th if you don't match which would essentially be a 7th for Groy trade. That has happened in the past in such cases. Just give them an incentive to pass on a match.

This is a great idea.
I know the Rams have used this tactic in the past though I can't recall for which player at this point.
My thinking is why take the risk of losiing Groy? We need stability, youth and talent at the Center position and a 7th round pick is chicken feed if Mr. Groy can be that guy.

WHAT SAY YE?

~ArkyRamsFan~

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
And the Bills could be in the process of trying to extort a higher pick in a game of chicken with the Rams.

DrHavenstein

Rookie
Name
Ty
I'd say that about sums up our free agency. Very little cap space left.

Very solid is how I would describe it, filled needs and didn't over pay (jury is out on Woods' deal)

Onto the draft..

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I have a question. On Mar. 9th it was reported that the Rams signed QB Aaron Murray. Even saw it on their official Twitter being announced, but yet today .. all the other signings... even Travis Wilson at TE show up on the roster, but only Goff and Mannion as QB's. Did something fall thru with Murray?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I have a question. On Mar. 9th it was reported that the Rams signed QB Aaron Murray. Even saw it on their official Twitter being announced, but yet today .. all the other signings... even Travis Wilson at TE show up on the roster, but only Goff and Mannion as QB's. Did something fall thru with Murray?
You must be speaking of the Rams 'official' site which always seems to run a few weeks late ? Murray is listed at Spotrac as on the roster, they are almost always the quickest to update. jmo.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
You must be speaking of the Rams 'official' site which always seems to run a few weeks late ? Murray is listed at Spotrac as on the roster, they are almost always the quickest to update. jmo.
Yeah ... I was thinking that except for the fact that Murray was supposedly signed on the first day of FA, yet he is the ONLY one NOT on their updated roster :confused::whistle:o_O

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody know what's happening with Jason Kelce and the Eagles? I thought I heard that they wanted to trade him. I wonder what they want.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe

Spotrac also had Groy listed as ours... Not a great track record so far this offseason LOL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody know what's happening with Jason Kelce and the Eagles? I thought I heard that they wanted to trade him. I wonder what they want.

Kelce is too small and underpowered for our scheme.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kelce is too small and underpowered for our scheme.
this has to do with zone blocking vs. power blocking? if it does, are we using zone blocking?
I remember you mentioning it somewhere, but I forget.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
this has to do with zone blocking vs. power blocking? if it does, are we using zone blocking?
I remember you mentioning it somewhere, but I forget.

To some degree, yes. To some degree, no. Kelce is definitely too small for a team that mainly uses power blocking. Kromer uses an inside zone scheme, but he uses players whom you'd typically associate with power teams. Kelce more fits the Shanahan-Gibbs style ZBS that uses undersized but mobile OLs. That's more of an outside zone scheme.

Kelce is in the 6'3" 280 to 285 range (despite what he's listed at). He's not a guy with the power to push DLs off the LOS. He excels at blocking on the move and in space.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah ... I was thinking that except for the fact that Murray was supposedly signed on the first day of FA, yet he is the ONLY one NOT on their updated roster :confused::whistle:o_O

My thoughts exactly . Then to add why would The Rams have such an out of date roster on there site ? I really don't understand it .Glad they did finally put FA's up & they have been a little better of late .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting point, he's not on ESPN roster either while both sites have Dunbar on the team and he just signed.
Maybe he failed a physical?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Interesting point, he's not on ESPN roster either while both sites have Dunbar on the team and he just signed.
Maybe he failed a physical?
Well the Rams just released a deal on facebook citing our 7 free agent signings they're including Murray and Zuerlein on there.