OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Just caught up on the last 5 pages.......Webster getting close.

I have no idea if Webster can be a starter at CB or a dime CB. Like they say you can never have enough CBs. Hope he really is starter material or very close to it.

Contract should be very interesting. Give a nice guarantee but, don't over do the money. I guess everyone makes 5 Million a year.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The Rams have some nice pieces going forward with Goff, Gurley, Whitworth, Donald, Brockers, Easley, Ogletree, Barron, Hekker & Quinn if he's back to 100%. It's a good base to build around, but I fear like last season we will suffer from some pretty large holes. Acquiring Woods and perhaps Webster & Groy fairly soon would be a big help in filling some of those gaps, but none can be considered elite players at this time. Still, they will make us better than we are today or were last year, Woods will be far better than Quick imo, Groy better than Barnes as a starter at Center, and a reserve defensive back/quality special teamer in Webster adds some very welcome depth.
While shifting priorities towards helping build momentum for Goff, without a true # 1 WR and any experienced TE's, consistency may continue to elude us. The Whitworth signing is huge for Goff taking his next step and for the offense as a whole as penalties from that position should be much reduced. Until our receiving corps is at least somewhat scary to defenses, the opposition will continue to stack the box, applying pressure on Gurley while forcing Goff to hopefully burn them. An improved O-Line helps, but it doesn't solve an underlying issue, presenting a strong & successful passing attack.
What our offense gains, our transitioning defense may lose. Our only true 3-4 OLB has been hobbled for 2 seasons, a starting LDE was given away, we don't have a rotational NT/DT, it's difficult to understand what to expect at ILB, SS & FS, and our best CB not only isn't a great fit for the Phillips scheme, he's holding us hostage with an enormous CAP. We do, of course, have some excellent players on D, we just don't know where they will all be lined up. For me, OLB is the weak link, without a good pass rush, we'll be in some trouble. TruJo remains a problem, but if he stays, less so, if he goes, we'll likely replace him with a fairly high draft pick, so i'm not as worried as some, presuming the added depth with Webster. We also have options at Safety, although some FS depth might be useful, preferring Joyner remaining our nickel CB. Wade Phillips is the guru, so confidence is high, although a hole is a hole, and we may have a few of them entering this next season.
I'm pleased with what the Rams have done to date, hopefully the Tru Johnson ordeal gets behind us sooner than later, there is much time left in free agency and with the upcoming draft, we're yet to see how far an improved coaching staff can work its magic in camp, so it is an optimistic time of year, although somehow, I still have this overwhelming desire for a blockbusting move that sets a successful path for the next decade.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
This deal took way too much time . This guy obviously has a high opinion of himself. Love how our other UFA's are getting no love yet. Its an unusual start to this years FA'cy. I think that this years FA has many things lasting to the draft like the Romo factor and other dominoes. Does TJ have a pending possible suspention for anything not ever mentioned here that may be holding up his movement ? We have never had so many obvious holes that need filling. Hope center gets done next as an offensive line protecting #16 is the key to his growth along with Gurleys. We need a true #1 WR eventually and as the Pats have won many SB's without a true #1 its not a MUST. We just need to develop a passing game with better crisper route running and good hands as Jared developes his throwing as well as his defensive reading.(It's gonna happen).

Getting that pass rusher and his depth and finding out if our own #94 can not only beat the dreaded back injury Watt is also battleing and wondering if he has another 10 plus sack season , much less another 18 sack season left in him. Can Phillips really work a miracle here? We need a draft picking sweep of surefire talent WITHOUT a #1 pick. I love dumping the Fisher smell from the team. We will be worth watching finally for so long. It's still gonna take two years to get Goff ready to be the threat He is gonna be. I guess assembling the rest of this team gets the same two years. I hope we ALL remember these days as this Championship team is built. Lets relax and enjoy every minute of it. Some key players now won't make it to the finish line but will have helped us begin to finally spread our wings especially offensively again. Its gonna be a GREAT ride gang.

Last edited:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
This deal took way too much time . This guy obviously has a high opinion of himself. Love how our other UFA's are getting no love yet. Its an unusual start to this years FA'cy. I think that this years FA has many things lasting to the draft like the Romo factor and other dominoes. Does TJ have a pending possible suspention for anything not ever mentioned here that may be holding up his movement ? We have never had so many obvious holes that need filling. Hope center gets done next as an offensive line protecting #16 is the key to his growth along with Gurleys. We need a true #1 WR eventually and as the Pats have won many SB's without a true #1 its not a MUST. We just need to develop a passing game with better crisper route running and good hands as Jared developes his throwing as well as his defensive reading.(It's gonna happen).

Getting that pass rusher and his depth and finding out if our own #94 can not only beat the dreaded back injury Watt is also battleing and wondering if he has another 10 plus sack season , much less another 18 sack season left in him. Can Phillips really work a miracle here? We need a draft picking sweep of surefire talent WITHOUT a #1 pick. I love dumping the Fisher smell from the team. We will be worth watching finally for so long. It's still gonna take two years to get Goff ready to be the threat He is gonna be. I guess assembling the rest of this team gets the same two years. I hope we ALL remember these days as this Championship team is built. Lets relax and enjoy every minute of it. Some key players now won't make it to the finish line but will have helped us begin to finally spread our wings especially offensively again. Its gonna be a GREAT ride gang.

Are you stating that Kayvon Webster thinks too highly of himself because he's taking so long? If so, he arrived in LA late last night. It hasn't even been a day.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just caught up on the last 5 pages.......Webster getting close.

I have no idea if Webster can be a starter at CB or a dime CB. Like they say you can never have enough CBs. Hope he really is starter material or very close to it.

Contract should be very interesting. Give a nice guarantee but, don't over do the money. I guess everyone makes 5 Million a year.
He was well liked in college. He just fell behind a really elite group in Denver. Like you said, whether he is the second guy or the third he will see time

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Are you stating that Kayvon Webster thinks too highly of himself because he's taking so long? If so, he arrived in LA late last night. It hasn't even been a day.

Forgive me but as this very slow starting second stage of a very unique Free agency has gone down I have never seen more disscrepancy over one player and when he arrived and when he chose to sign has been dissputed by so many RAMS sights. One thing is that since the return to L.A. we have so many more Ram sites trying to get a foothold for new RAMS fans. I sure don't want to argue or doubt anything you say. I've just heard many differing stories on how long it took and what you have just written is the MOST different I have seen. I can give you sites with posts from almost a day earlier as arriving in the morning and how it drug out all day & night and maybe got done near noon today. So please forgive me as my jumping around for any information has led me to 5 new sights and even newer NFL rumor sights, just looking for anything concerning the deal. Many tweets came for a very long time that this deal was done so much earlier. Thats why I'm gonna back away and just wait to read the signings. I can also show you posts saying what I posted above about why did this take so long especially with all the tweets and retweets from coaches,fans and players like our punter who has been active longer than late last night my dear Rams brother.

The fit is obvious and I'm sure once the numbers are released some will think he too was overpaid. We don't have anything yet except speculation. This FA'CY is a lot different then past ones we've seen. I even hope we can resign Cunningham if he does'nt start drawing interest. I have just been too involved in this one signing. Was even thinking he had left to go to his next city and trying to get a bidding war. Just so glad CB's are suppose to be deep from what I saw at the combine. All we've seen is the underwear olympics that looked very interesting. Its time to coach em up now.

Sorry my post upset you. If I was'nt led to believe such a different story than what your reporting I never would have mentioned it and it taught me a great lesson not to trust anything I read again this FA till a player signs. Okay? I was told he signed with and through tweets and retweets before you even have him showing up. I hope you can see the interest and the BS that has now taken over. So much can be faked on twitter and I won't be duped again. I'm a super old RAMS vet diehard with only one e-mail addy my hole life and its a rams addy. I eat,drink,sleep and live in a RAMS museum. So just ignore me in this social media world that I can't keep up with. I am a successfull collector and salesman of RAMS items though. I will only privately give you all private information of said sites and tweets just between us as This is the only place I call home and Ever post at. I do read other sites only when desperate for info like during this CB signing. Too many rumors my friend and I hope we can grab Groy and lower the draft pick needed for our future center. Our needs are stacking up.

If anything I thought the info I recieved that TJ (MAY) have a suspension coming his way. From what the posts do not say. I'm confused but expected a post asking where I heard that. If thats what is holding up a possible trade then at least I now have a reason to chill till we hear something more on that. I now expect it also to be more BS. I don't get BS information from this website ever. Thats why it has always been home. I go back over 50 years as a RAM fan so I have been with 2 other sites and was never with the St. Louis Dispatch insane assylum. I see where some of those folks might have gone to though. It's time for things to go back our way and I have a REAL good feeling about McVay and his coaching staff. Just hate we have to move talent from our 4-3 to a possible Championship 3-4. I believe we needed a change but it's gonna postpone our WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and I'm already old. Glad I have one under my belt already. Will be in Canton in August. Grab your tickets while you can brothers. Shalom.

DrHavenstein

Rookie
Name
Ty
I don't think it would make him selfish or full of himself if he chose to start a bidding war. If in my profession, multiple companies wanted my services, and they were willing to one up each other, why not allow it? If it creates a better financial situation for himself and his family going forward, power to him.

A55VA6

Legend
C60MsehVoAAVUfF.jpg-large.jpeg

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Ex-Steelers LB Jarvis Jones visiting Rams this week. Rams "very intrigued".

I was actually gonna ask you guys about him. Didn't live up to his draft status but might do well under Phillips. Do you have a link where you saw that?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ex-Steelers LB Jarvis Jones visiting Rams this week. Rams "very intrigued".

Maybe they can unlock his potential. Steelers couldn't, so I don't know how much of a factor he's going to be. But at a nice contract for depth? Sure.