Official Cardinals@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Schottenheimer is bad when he is behind. The Rams need a Number1 WR that scares defenses. OC, and OG might as well not even be on the field. QB is a pipe dream. The best the Rams can do is fix everything around the QB and roll with Bradford and Hill for another year, unfortunately.

Whatever happened to Norm Chow? Didn't he have an impressive offense with Fishr in Tennessee? Can Fisher call him since he is so loyal and only hires close friends? This offense cannot win tough games with Schottenheimer. The defense pitched a shutout gainst Washington and their D isn't any good yet the Rams only put up 17 points on them. 6 in the first half. They are not getting into the endzone enough.
You think shottys is bad hire chow fisher canned him after 3 years of crap. He crapply coaches in Hawaii last i remember. The only time chow had any success was with usc.

The ocoord your thinking of is mike
Heimerdinger who has since passed away due to cancer

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The Rams didn't play a perfect game on defense. If you believe that, you haven't watched them the previous weeks. They've already shown that they're capable of playing an even better game than they did tonight, which would have secured us a win if they did. Naturally it's going to sound like nitpicking when they played so well, but to repeat; they did NOT take advantage of the situation tonight. Imagine what the Seahawks defense would have done to Arizona at home. We're capable of doing the same thing but didn't.
Yup sure pitching a shut out woulda won us the game. But guess what yes a few mistakes but the defense didvnot lose this game for us a stale ass offensive gsmeplan and lack of execution offensively did.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Rams didn't play a perfect game on defense. If you believe that, you haven't watched them the previous weeks. They've already shown that they're capable of playing an even better game than they did tonight, which would have secured us a win if they did. Naturally it's going to sound like nitpicking when they played so well, but to repeat; they did NOT take advantage of the situation tonight. Imagine what the Seahawks defense would have done to Arizona at home. We're capable of doing the same thing but didn't.
You win...the Defense didn't play enough offense tonight.
giphy.gif

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
If we wanted to see a great offensive game plan as others mentioned yet our interior Oline got owned!

We gave up crucial 3rd downs after shutting down a lot of 1st and 2nd downs.

Our WR's were glued on by their secondary which I underrated stupidly. Cromartie miraculously recovered in 4 days.

As a (fuckin) TEAM we did NOT capitalize!!!

Their D owned us!

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Also thanks refs for clearly allowing Hill to endure the blatant smack to the head/helmet on the follow through hit to his arm. Wtf did they review? Forward pass! No one mentioned the blow to the head on Powers. That got me fuming.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
One last ?

How many of you would have gone for it on 4th and goal from the 1? I admit the play roll out right call on 3rd was all covered up and Hill can't run that in.

That was Fisher's decision to kick the FG. We play like this as a team we suffer through the same frustrations.

I also forgot Cook was actually Schotty and so was Bailey. The stars make the catches and don't commit the dumbass penalties.

Hey at least it's a good sign we still need maturity and growth. 2015!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How many of you would have gone for it on 4th and goal from the 1? I admit the play roll out right call on 3rd was all covered up and Hill can't run that in.
I probably wouldn't have, J-Fo. At that point they needed to pull within one score, so you gotta take the sure points. Otherwise, if you fail to convert, it's ball game.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I'm just jello now like some or all of you. I guess Benny or Mason can't punch it in from the 1 with GRob ,Saffold and Harkey. I shouldn't have stayed up so late and just allowed my mind to rest. :unsure:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Ugly lose. Horrible. Did not adjust to outside blitz. QB can't move. OL can't block. Defense can't stop run when we KNOW that they are going to run. We're playing gap assignments but not everyone is doing their job. (McDonald was the best LB on the field and he's not even a LB.)

BA remarks after the game where incredible. I'd like to say that they make him look bad. But the truth is, it makes us look bad. It was a direct shot against Fisher. The last thing we need is to have the players (the ones worth their salt) lose faith in the coach.

I complain all the time about how we don't get attention. How we're constantly overlooked. And then this happens. Just brutal.

Brutal loss.

Let the young guys play the rest of the season. Davis. And who ever we have on the bench at OL. Bring up practice squad players. Sign guys off the street. I don't care. I just don't want to see some of those guys on the field in Rams uniforms anymore.

End of rant.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
BA remarks after the game where incredible. I'd like to say that they make him look bad. But the truth is, it makes us look bad. It was a direct shot against Fisher. The last thing we need is to have the players (the ones worth their salt) lose faith in the coach.
Don't worry, the players aren't going to put an ounce of salt into that tub of shit motherfuckers comments. They'll just pour salt into that tub of shit motherfuckers wounds again next year by knocking out their next man up at QB again.

For the record:
Derek Anderson, John Skelton, Max Hall, Kevin Kolb, Carson Palmer, Drew Stanton. ALL knocked the fuck outta the game by our perennial 8-8 team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even McDonald was on tape stating they need a defensive score. Stop being so apologetic people.

Yea. Because McDonald like the rest of us realized the offense wasn't going to score 10 points. :LOL:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm tired of it man. This game clearly demonstrates how outgunned Schotty is mentally in terms of preparing against the better defenses in this league. No matter how much more Fish adds on offense, it's not gonna make a difference... This offense is going to struggle against good defenses and good defensive coordinators until he is replaced.

Everyone talks about the OL, and yes the Rams' OL does need some help. But they're not a bad OL. Great defenses are going to get pressure against your OL, particularly when they're blitzing every damn gap there is on the line and daring you to beat them with the pass. Schotty knew that was coming, the Cards are one of the few teams that are as blitz happy as us, but this offense was not anywhere near ready to take advantage of what they knew they would see. Big surprise there, that the Cards' defense was a step ahead schematically of the Rams from beginning to end.

It's the same old BS we saw even when Sam was the QB. The excuse before was that we didn't have WR talent. Now it's that Sam isn't in. But I'm telling you guys, even if by some miracle Sam returns for the whole season if Schotty is our OC it's not gonna matter. The offense will be a unit a playoff defense can shut down. If Schotty returns we're looking at another so-so season, even if they do get into the playoffs it won't matter. No offense will EVER be a legit playoff-level scoring machine with Schotty at the reins.

The reality is that they WILL draft a QB of the future, i.e. they'll take one as soon as they can in this draft and may even trade up for one. Schotty has not demonstrated an ability to maximize talent nor has he shown he can develop a QB. I hope to god that the only reason Fish kept him this season was Sam Bradford. But that excuse, if it was the reason, is gonna end this year.

Fish does not have to change the offense by changing the OC. There are gonna be options out there. We need an OC who is an offensive version of Williams, that is up to the task of taking on his best counterparts in x's and o's. Who can give this offense a shot in the arm by identifying and attacking weaknesses in opposing defenses and their tendencies.

That's what I want for Christmas: Schotty fired. Sorry, I know it's a dick thing to say but I don't care. I can't take any more!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The game has not passed Martz by. He is still without a doubt a top ten OC provided he has a coach who can keep him grounded like Vermiel did. Fisher is very similar to DV in that way, and I do think he would keep Mad Mike running the ball enough.

Martz would be genius:

He would mean there is no change in the offense or terminology, simply an upgrade in strategy, coaching up the talent, and a much higher level of gameplanning the opponent.

He would give us an insane jump in points scored in one season and demonstrate how good the passing game weapons on this team are.

He would give us an outstanding insight into which QB we should draft this offseason.

He would be like Greg Williams in that he's not a young buck looking to jump at the first job he's offered as head coach. I honestly think he would settle in and give us a few years of offensive stability, which makes him a better option than younger guys like Chud.

He would be able to finish his career with the Rams, the team with which he had his greatest success, but this time without the asshat front office who dismantled what should have been a dynasty.

Do it Fish! Think bold dude! Williams and Mad Mike would be the most elite OC/DC combo in the league.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No, I disagree. It showed what happens when a back up QB is under duress and can't make an elite defense pay for stuffing the box. Schotty had little to work with tonight. They tried their best to open it up. In fact, they tried more than I've seen for most of the year. Had to perform like a legit starter to win this one, of which we all know he isn't. Several of his throws over 15 yard s sucked. Even the deep completion to Bailey was way under thrown. He missed Britt multiple times, some he just didn't see him. He over overthrew Cook multiple times down the seam, one bounced off the defender. If you judge him as a starter, HE SUCK!! But as a back up, he coulda done a little better. Coulda been a lot worse.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
A new offensive coordinator, preferably one who can get the most out of our receivers and quarterback, while sticking to the ground game and the three running backs who can all do damage.

Stephen Wisniewski in free agency.

A draft with two offensive linemen drafted in the first two rounds.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I very much doubt that the game has passed Mike Martz by. But it's irrelevant anyway. Fisher would never hire someone with his mentality.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Hill performed about like your average career 2nd string QB would when facing a good team. Schotty has not been at average OC level all year. That's the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.