Noteboom Injury update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Huh.... hadn't heard that about Cogs... So he's playing well AND being the head case he was before.

M'kay... moving on...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah, after being so successful taking risks, they thought they could take this one.

This one hasn't worked.

Doesn't mean Noteboom and Allen aren't keepers (I'm DONE with every one of our RGs.)
Pretty much how I see it. Not gonna get all hindsight, I thought it made sense at the time given they had seen them all season long in practice vs AD and Suh. Everything connected in that rationale for me at least. But at this point it does look like it was a mistake.

They both might end up being backups. But I think chances are one of the two will settle in as a starter, as keepers as you say. Problem here is you got two young players adjusting and they play right next to each other. Then we keep seeing MFing Demby in there due to injuries. Demby is not an NFL starter and having a guy like that in there with two young starters was not good.

Not making excuses here either. OL are weird man. One guy can throw it out of whack due to guys trying to compensate or pick him up. But if you have a couple of young guys with up and down play too? It's chaos.

But I'm not gonna write this unit or the team off now, gonna support them as a group and hope they can get them going. It's important that they find out whether Edwards & Evans can play. Not necessarily both now but still. They gotta know what they have. Start Edwards FFS. I'll say it right now too... If Demby takes that starting LG job I might take the week off. Hopefully this is enough for them to make the tough calls they need to make.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
It doesn't really matter. He's not that good
He can play LT pretty well in McVay's system....now, we may never realize that this year---to see if he could...because Whit ain't making it 16 games.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
How did we go from the BEST Oline in the NFL to the WORST Oline in the NFL in just one year?
I mean literally from best to worst, because that's what the numbers say.
It's pretty simple really;

Whitworth got older.

They replaced a pro bowl level left guard with a unproven second-year player with zero starts.

They replaced a declining but functional Center with a totally unproven Center with zero starts.

Blythe is Blythe = an undersized but scrappy second level starter.

I have no idea what happened to Havenstein other than it always effects your play if the other side of the line is playing bad or weak.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The good news is they've invested 3rd, 4th and 5th round draft picks in to 4 players they feel they can develop out into above average level starters.

The bad news is we don't know how long that will take as every player develops at their own rate.
Also, we don't know which ones actually develop out into a above average level starters.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
It's pretty simple really;

Whitworth got older.

They replaced a pro bowl level left guard with a unproven second-year player with zero starts.

They replaced a declining but functional Center with a totally unproven Center with zero starts.

Blythe is Blythe = an undersized but scrappy second level starter.

I have no idea what happened to Havenstein other than it always effects your play if the other side of the line is playing bad or weak.

Perfect assessment, except add to that they also seemed to gamble a bit on depth. Demby is our next man up? Really?

Ram65

Legend
By the time we get any Boom news he maybe healed up.

I thought Kromer could make things happen with the new lineup. The offensive line was in trouble in the Super Bowl with the older Vets Sully and Saffold.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

ACL and MCL.

Not sure he will even be ready for the start of next season.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Time to enquire about Trent Williams. Whit won't come back next season so his salary can be used on Williams. Goff needs time to function.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Per rotoworld.

Rams LG Joseph Noteboom is done for the season with a torn ACL and MCL.
A 2018 third-round pick, Noteboom started all six games after replacing longtime LG Rodger Saffold, who left as a free agent. Noteboom has been thoroughly dominated and overmatched, grading out as Pro Football Focus' second-worst guard out of 76 qualifiers. In reality, it isn't much of a loss for an offensive line that can't play much worse than it has to this point. Jamil Demby replaced Noteboom after his injury and predictably was terrible in his place.
SOURCE: J.B. Long on Twitter
Oct 14, 2019, 8:06 PM ET

TexasRam

Legend
As i said before the season started, we need a veteran guard or we are done.

Get on the fricken horn Les.

oldnotdead

Legend
Time to sign Brewer and Gervase to the active roster. Talib has played his last game as a Ram. Time to see if David Long can play. I'm done with Hill, who keeps showing he's a marginal talent.

I actually like Brewer a lot. I was surprised when they kept Shelton over Brewer on the active roster. It probably was to protect him from being signed else where. Brewer is a classically built OG with the height, weight and arm length you look for. He's also fairly athletic for a man his size.

IMO Christian is going to be a problem at safety. He lacks the range to play a single high scheme. He's always been slow in his play recognition compounding the problem. I think Rapp should be the natural choice. Weddle can move to FS and Rapp could play that SS position well.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Time to enquire about Trent Williams. Whit won't come back next season so his salary can be used on Williams. Goff needs time to function.

Check out his salary and figure out how it'll work.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Perfect assessment, except add to that they also seemed to gamble a bit on depth. Demby is our next man up? Really?
I think they were hoping that Edwards or Evans would emerge in camp but that didn't really happen.

With rookies it's usually the snap count that they can't get down.
We can't risk two to three penalties a game because they don't know the snap count.

As far as working on their techniques, that can *almost* be done on a week-to-week basis during practicine and in the classroom.

Has Evans or Edwards even been active this year yet?
That will definitely be a clue as to who they think is more ready next week.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Whit is in the last yr of his contract so he is not on the books for next yr. So Williams will deduct off the current $36M in of available cap space for next yr.

He has a $12.5M cap hit next year (base salary only) for the last yr of his contract at age 31. Then he will need a new contract and for a guy who has missed 13 games the previous 3 yrs, that does not seem like a great move. And that's not even talking about the draft capital needed to pull off such a deal.

I am afraid this is looking like one of those yrs where things are just not going your way and so you suck it up, develop some young talent and come back next yr retooled.

If anything, maybe at some point you become sellers. Move a Peters for a pick or a young player. Same with Fowler if they think they have some upside with Obo, Patrick, or Durham.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Whit is in the last yr of his contract so he is not on the books for next yr. So Williams will deduct off the current $36M in of available cap space for next yr.

He has a $12.5M cap hit next year (base salary only) for the last yr of his contract at age 31. Then he will need a new contract and for a guy who has missed 13 games the previous 3 yrs, that does not seem like a great move. And that's not even talking about the draft capital needed to pull off such a deal.

I am afraid this is looking like one of those yrs where things are just not going your way and so you suck it up, develop some young talent and come back next yr retooled.

If anything, maybe at some point you become sellers. Move a Peters for a pick or a young player. Same with Fowler if they think they have some upside with Obo, Patrick, or Durham.

Let me add the only big money guy I would go after would be Ramsey because be is only 24. So even though you are giving up picks and cap space, you are getting a premier player that can help you for the next 6-8 yrs at a critical position.