Noteboom Injury update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did anybody hear anything? It looked bad. Never got an update during the game, that I heard.

Man, that broadcast crew is quite possibly my least favorite. And that is saying something. Schlereth and Stockton SUUUUUUUUCK. LOL.

Hopefully Noteboom's injury isn't as bad as it looked.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea, I immediately thought season ending when I saw it. Hope not.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No news from Mcvay in his presser but it looked like boom is done .. a big old line thrown onto his planted leg and he got buckled .. I’d bet my insignificant net value he is done for the year sadly

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No news from Mcvay in his presser but it looked like boom is done .. a big old line thrown onto his planted leg and he got buckled .. I’d bet my insignificant net value he is done for the year sadly
Yea, I kind of feel the same way. Man it is going to be even harder watching the OLine going forward.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep, when he went down, my weekends are suddenly clear...:palm:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It doesn't really matter. He's not that good
Didn't want to say that when I feel so bad for the dude but yeah over the first five games he was our worst lineman. But unlike Demby at least he has hope of improving so with him going down we lose that potential for upside.

9ers have a great defensive front btw. Bosa and Ford have transformed that defense that's a deep-playoff type tandem.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Didn't want to say that when I feel so bad for the dude but yeah over the first five games he was our worst lineman. But unlike Demby at least he has hope of improving so with him going down we lose that potential for upside.

9ers have a great defensive front btw. Bosa and Ford have transformed that defense that's a deep-playoff type tandem.

I just don't see one really good Olineman other that Big Whit.

Just doesn't look like much hope for the current group as its constructed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I just don't see one really good Olineman other that Big Whit.

Just doesn't look like much hope for the current group as its constructed.
I think the key is having a couple plus players and from there not having a guy who's bad in your starting 5. You can have a weak link and still have a good line. Look at the 99 Rams they had two who were JAGs on their line but neither of them were "bad" or guys who stunk it up. Pace & Timmerman were the heart and soul of that line, the two plus players who carried it.

Losing Saff was huge man. The dropoff from him to Boom was immense. The fact that there's dropoff from Boom to Demby (Boom actually pass blocks solidly) is what really is gonna kill us.

They need to SOLVE LG. Do that and they might get by with Allen at Center. And if not then go get Sullivan before he's put on too much weight in retirement.

TexasRam

Legend
Don't mean to act like a know it all, and I know other of you mentioned it before the season started but Mcvay and Kromer were being ignorant thinking they could let Saffold walk and then go into the year with 2 first year interior players and Zero veteran depth behind them.

I don't care what QB or permiter players you have, your offense is going to be garbage if your Oline isn't good and your depth sucks. And that is where we are.

We passed on Center McCoy in the draft who now is killing it with the Saints.

Don't get me started with the 2018 drafts where we thought we could get lesser talent later (Noteboom and Allen) and compete because our Oline coach was so good.

Mcvays drafts have devalued Oline for 2 straight drafts and now we pay the price of suckage.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I don't care what QB or permiter players you have, your offense is going to be garbage if your Oline isn't good and your depth sucks. And that is where we are.

This bears repeating, over and over until people get it. The story of our problems this year is the story of an OL that has declined precipitously from last year.

fearsomefour

Legend
Don't mean to act like a know it all, and I know other of you mentioned it before the season started but Mcvay and Kromer were being ignorant thinking they could let Saffold walk and then go into the year with 2 first year interior players and Zero veteran depth behind them.

We passed on Center McCoy in the draft who now is killing it with the Saints.

Don't get me started with the 2018 drafts where we thought we could get lesser talent later (Noteboom and Allen) and compete because our Oline coach was so good.

Mcvays drafts have devalued Oline for 2 straight drafts and now we pay the price of suckage.
It was calculated risk.
Made sense on paper.
Execution.....not so much.