Noteboom confident he can tackle being Rams’ replacement for Andrew Whitworth

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
When game is in hand give him some damn LT snaps shit the J E T S Jets Jets Jets game I could see him able to play a few. LFG!!!!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is this Boom's 4th year? I would hate to see him play well at LT and then we lose him to free agency. Even next year.... He owes us! -lol

TexasRam

Legend
Note has a better chance at being a good player at LT. But even the knowledge of the scheme makes him an asset for our depth. Hopefully we never see the need for him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is this Boom's 4th year? I would hate to see him play well at LT and then we lose him to free agency. Even next year... He owes us! -lol
Noteboom was the Rams top draft selection in 2018 Round 3, Pick 25 (No. 89 overall) now in his 3rd season on a 4-year contract.

My main importance observing what Noteboom has now after 3 Ram Training Camps & preseasons & one full 2018 regular season & pieces of 2019 & 2020 regular seasons due to injuries is for the future @ LT.

Snead would appear to have a very good idea of what he has opening the 2021 season @ four of the five OL positions. RT post with Havenstein & Evans Both having a large number of starts in the NFL. The RG & LG posts with Corbett/ Edwards/ Anchrum/ Brewer & Demby surely provides the interior OG OL with a large number of youthful talent.

The Center position is not in as good condition as the other above 3 mentioned posts however Coleman Shelton has now been a fixture for two seasons now as the top reserve center. Brian Allen started 9 gms & will have been here for 3 Training Camps & preseason & most of the regular seasons for 3 seasons. Jeremiah Kolone is another OC who has been here for 3 yrs now too. Plus there is still the option Austin Blythe might secure a new 2 to 3 yr contract as a UFA in March here in LA.

It's the LT post where I see my biggest concern. If Noteboom is not a future replacement for Andrew Whitworth in 2021 then the Rams need to know ASAP so FA transactions or well-prepared scouting in the position of LT to be considered top of the Rams draft.

fearsomefour

Legend
Noteboom was the Rams top draft selection in 2018 Round 3, Pick 25 (No. 89 overall) now in his 3rd season on a 4-year contract.

My main importance observing what Noteboom has now after 3 Ram Training Camps & preseasons & one full 2018 regular season & pieces of 2019 & 2020 regular seasons due to injuries is for the future @ LT.

Snead would appear to have a very good idea of what he has opening the 2021 season @ four of the five OL positions. RT post with Havenstein & Evans Both having a large number of starts in the NFL. The RG & LG posts with Corbett/ Edwards/ Anchrum/ Brewer & Demby surely provides the interior OG OL with a large number of youthful talent.

The Center position is not in as good condition as the other above 3 mentioned posts however Coleman Shelton has now been a fixture for two seasons now as the top reserve center. Brian Allen started 9 gms & will have been here for 3 Training Camps & preseason & most of the regular seasons for 3 seasons. Jeremiah Kolone is another OC who has been here for 3 yrs now too. Plus there is still the option Austin Blythe might secure a new 2 to 3 yr contract as a UFA in March here in LA.

It's the LT post where I see my biggest concern. If Noteboom is not a future replacement for Andrew Whitworth in 2021 then the Rams need to know ASAP so FA transactions or well-prepared scouting in the position of LT to be considered top of the Rams draft.
I don’t think he can play Boni.
I don’t think he is salvageable.
Would love to be proven wrong on this.
Would love a plate of crow.
I don’t see it at all with Boom.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don’t think he can play Boni.
I don’t think he is salvageable.
Would love to be proven wrong on this.
Would love a plate of crow.
I don’t see it at all with Boom.
You & I have mostly agreed throughout the years... We think & move closely as Ram fans , just look at the time we joined this great Ram forum:fistbump::).

We disagree with this opinion of Joseph Noteboom being able to be a good starting LT. We do NOT disagree with JN's ability to play NFL grade OG! (n):(

I have had the great opportunity to watch every Ram game for well over two decades including the preseason games as a fan. It appears that you like me base our thoughts on what we see & observe on the field with the augmentations of what we can read from credible Ram news sources over the years. The 2019 & 2020 regular season snaps @ LG has certainly burned & seared your negative thoughts on JN. It certainly has caused me great concern currently too as my many comments on this subject .....is obvious.

I try to be brief about what I know & believe why I think JN can reverse his last two :poop: production years. JN physically is just far too much OT & has almost nothing going for him as an NFL OG. JN's seriously full thick broad shoulders & very long arms gives a profoundly unusual long wingspan that never works well for any interior OL'er. His lean lower legs & feet are quick & fast in motion forward, sideways & entrenched leaning mode....something again that would not help him out as an interior OL'er. JN's playing temperament & nature is lacking any brawler type mentality. JN dials up his skills & abilities as a LT from the scholarly technical methodical mindset side.

I still recall back in 2018 how much I was impressed by watching all his rookie preseason snaps & the few times JN took snaps for AW @ LT in the 2018 regular season. I do recall one gm where he had many & JN was near perfect. So based on 2018 & NOT 2019/2020 I have a good feeling about JN but I am sure I am in great need of being refreshed on what I observed in 2018!

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
You & I have mostly agreed throughout the years... We think & move closely as Ram fans , just look at the time we joined this great Ram forum:fistbump::).

We disagree with this opinion of Joseph Noteboom being able to be a good starting LT. We do NOT disagree with JN's ability to play NFL grade OG! (n):(

I have had the great opportunity to watch every Ram game for well over two decades including the preseason games as a fan. It appears that you like me base our thoughts on what we see & observe on the field with the augmentations of what we can read from credible Ram news sources over the years. The 2019 & 2020 regular season snaps @ LG has certainly burned & seared your negative thoughts on JN. It certainly has caused me great concern currently too as my many comments on this subject .....is obvious.

I try to be brief about what I know & believe why I think JN can reverse his last two :poop: production years. JN physically is just far too much OT & has almost nothing going for him as an NFL OG. JN's seriously full thick broad shoulders & very long arms gives a profoundly unusual long wingspan that never works well for any interior OL'er. His lean lower legs & feet are quick & fast in motion forward, sideways & entrenched leaning mode....something again that would not help him out as an interior OL'er. JN's playing temperament & nature is lacking any brawler type mentality. JN dials up his skills & abilities as a LT from the scholarly technical methodical mindset side.

I still recall back in 2018 how much I was impressed by watching all his rookie preseason snaps & the few times JN took snaps for AW @ LT in the 2018 regular season. I do recall one gm where he had many & JN was near perfect. So based on 2018 & NOT 2019/2020 I have a good feeling about JN but I am sure I am in great need of being refreshed on what I observed in 2018!
Hey, I certainly hope you are right.
It’s the lack of balance in his game that is concerning.
He can’t sustain blocks because he can’t maintain balance.
He gets nose over toes and also loses his feet when trying to engage laterally.
His athleticism and (as you stated) long arms will be helpful outside.
Time will tell.
Like I said, I would be totally thrilled to be wrong. I may well be.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hey, I certainly hope you are right.
It’s the lack of balance in his game that is concerning.
He can’t sustain blocks because he can’t maintain balance.
He gets nose over toes and also loses his feet when trying to engage laterally.
His athleticism and (as you stated) long arms will be helpful outside.
Time will tell.
As I said, I would be totally thrilled to be wrong. I may well be.
Snead has some OL factors ongoing in his favor at this time:

#1-}38 & 11 months year-old LT Andrew Whitworth has been able to remain in full health & is signed under contract for next season. AW's health has been good up till this week until his back lock-up/tightened causing him to back to back Thursday & Friday practices for the first time this season.

#2-}Snead drafted a short but long-armed OT Tremayne Anchrum who has demonstrated to the Ram Org that he can be an effective LT back up as a Rookie as well as other positions. The Ram Org is very high on this talented rookie OL'er. TA is sure to figure strongly in future Ram OL plans.

#3}-Snead's 2019 3rd rd drafted LT Bobby Evans has been available for back up reserve LT duties & practice time due to the re-emergence of RT Rob Havenstein reclaiming his old self & playing @ a high level once again. Freeing up last seasons later half starter Bobby Evans for all the LT snaps wherever needed.

#4-}2019 second yr. OG David Edwards has fastened & secured the starting LG post where Kromer had previously for two back to back seasons started Noteboom. Noteboom is now fully healthy & looking for work. From late comments from the Rams Org. Noteboom is now planned to be posted into the game-day swing reserve position but focusing more on the OT positions.

Final note: Snead/Mcvay/Kromer have positive options to them on keeping AW as healthy as possible without too much of an issue of drop off in LT snap performances. AW's health needs to be closely monitored & Noteboom/ Evans/ Anchrum could assist in this health issue by keeping the later half of HD work off of AW's back (Sure would be nice to know which OL'er got most of those LT snaps in practice).

Last edited:

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
So I noticed McVay said Boom is now doing the practice snaps at LT instead of Anchrum, which seems like a good sign. Glad Anchrum got all those reps though.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So I noticed McVay said Boom is now doing the practice snaps at LT instead of Anchrum, which seems like a good sign. Glad Anchrum got all those reps though.
IF there is a big difference of points going into the 4th quarter in the Rams favor would I be wrong to think it's possible to see a LT/LG posted up with Noteboom-LT/Anchrum-LG due to the back & abs issues by Whitworth & Edwards this week?

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
IF there is a big difference of points going into the 4th quarter in the Rams favor would I be wrong to think it's possible to see a LT/LG posted up with Noteboom-LT/Anchrum-LG due to the back & abs issues by Whitworth & Edwards this week?

Seems to me it's very unlikely to happen against Seattle. Wilson is too much of a comeback threat.

Notwithstanding my should-have-been-blue-font reaction yesterday I agree that we need to find out whether Noteboom has a chance of being a left tackle. I'm actually glad to see him back and I'm not ready to write him off. Rams have consistently seen something in him, maybe he can still live up to it. If not he's useful backup. And I would love to see Anchrum get game experience.

But we would need to pick our spots and I'm not sure when that is. We saw against Miami how a few series in a short time can lose a game. If we can win tomorrow we will be in the thick of a fight, if not the favorite, for the NFC West. Have to go with Whitworth unless he can't or shouldn't play or a game is truly won.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Joseph Noteboom will now assume the LT starting post after Andrew Whitworth's knee injury in the late 2nd half Sunday. The left side of the OL is now very young & not well seasoned. LG Edwards has played in 25 NFL gms & started 18 of them. LT Noteboom has played in 37 gms & started 8 gms.

RT Havesntein, who playing his 6th NFL season & 28 yr old is now the most seasoned Ram OL'er with Whitworth going down. Center Blythe is also 28 yrs old in his 5th season has started since the 2018 season. Rams starting OL has an average age of 26 yr old & averages 3 yrs starting. This current starting OL is the youngest Ram starting OL in long long time.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

great game by noteboom. the only time we heard his name was when they said he replaced whit on the oline. didn't see a replay of him getting beat but then i wasn't paying that close of attention to it, which means he wasn't beat bad.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

great game by noteboom. the only time we heard his name was when they said he replaced whit on the oline. didn't see a replay of him getting beat but then i wasn't paying that close of attention to it, which means he wasn't beat bad.

Did you focus on him at all? Same trouble holding his blocks in pass pro and locating his blocks on the move in the run game. Did you notice how often they were stacking two tight ends to his side to help?