Noteboom confident he can tackle being Rams’ replacement for Andrew Whitworth

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams News: Joseph Noteboom Elevated To 53-Man Roster
1605283219343.png

11/13/2020

The bye week helped pay huge dividends for the Los Angeles Rams and the overall health of their roster heading into Week 10 of the 2020 NFL season.The extra week of rest gave them ample time to construct a proper game plan to make a statement against the Seattle Seahawks in a battle for first place this weekend. Not only that, they will be welcoming back two key components of their elite defense in safety Jordan Fuller and defensive tackle A’Shawn Robinson.

The return of Fuller and Robinson should help to kick things up a notch on the defensive side of the ball. Fortunately, it appears they will receive some assurance on offense as well.
Head coach Sean McVay provided some more good news with left guard Joseph Noteboom set to return to the active 53-man roster versus Seattle, per Jourdan Rodrigue of The Athletic:

Sean McVay says the Rams will elevate LG Joe Noteboom (calf) to the 53-man this week, and that will fill their last roster spot. Depth with Edwards missing a day of practice.
— Jourdan Rodrigue (@JourdanRodrigue) November 11, 2020

Noteboom has been sidelined for the last six games with a calf injury. He was replaced by David Edwards during that time, however, the second-year left guard was absent from practice with an abdominal injury.

Noteboom’s return helps shore up some much-needed depth up front amid Edwards’ uncertain status. The improved play along the offensive line has helped this offense put up the sixth-most total yards per game (396.4) this season.

The Rams were forced to make some cuts in order to make room for both Fuller and Robinson in Week 10. Linebacker Natrez Patrick and center Cohl Cabral found themselves as the casualties of getting them back into the mix. The moves indicate that rookie linebacker Terrell Lewis could be poised for a bigger role on both defense and special teams moving forward.

L.A. has an opportunity to potentially take control of the NFC West with a win over Seattle at home heading into the second half of the season.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Let him give Whit a break during the week in practice. He can backup LT and LG. The depth is good with him and Evans on the bench ready to go.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did we ever find out what is wrong with David Edwards or how he got hurt?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Glad to see him back. Depth at 3 spots just increased. (y)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad to see him back. Depth at 3 spots just increased. (y)
With the well seasoned near 39 yr old LT Andrew Whitworth back giving him some trouble & LG Edwards missing so much practice this week due to injury it's a great time to have Noteboom activated & back in the game. Kromer must truly find out what he has in Noteboom & not wait till next season to find out.

We all have discussed this subject completely but with Noteboom fully healthy there's no reason not to work him in @ LT on early downs.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I wouldnt mind seeing Note get snaps at LT to spell Whitworth (especially if we're way up) but this guy shouldn't be sniffing anywhere near a starting interior spot. I'd rather they start Anchrum or Shelton at an interior spot first if needed...

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Note at LT the Hags are expected to blitz a ton after he hasn't played the position for a while and been off weeks.

No Hell No and Mother F##$ing No to Note. Whits a Hardcore Vet, Imho he Will be out there protecting his Qb.

GO WHIT GO RAMS

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
With the well seasoned near 39 yr old LT Andrew Whitworth back giving him some trouble & LG Edwards missing so much practice this week due to injury it's a great time to have Noteboom activated & back in the game. Kromer must truly find out what he has in Noteboom & not wait till next season to find out.

We all have discussed this subject completely but with Noteboom fully healthy there's no reason not to work him in @ LT on early downs.

How about after we're up by 30?

fearsomefour

Legend

Might as well put you or me at LT.
He will worthless and terrible at LT.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Might as well put you or me at LT.
He will worthless and terrible at LT.

I hope he's not worthless but sans that ONE drive a cpl years ago where he kicked out on a screen against SF while spelling Whit, his on field play has been terrible. I hope Evans stays as the top swing tackle off the bench for the remainder of the season.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Absolutely.....she would definitely maintain a grip when she got hold of someone.
Not just fall down.
Well they would have to put me back there at Qb LMMFAO.

Personally I think they would take her out after she put 800 1000 pounds of pressure on someone's balls,Just Saying lol

Never post to much about pressure and imho unless you gotta gun, O well don't F with pits lol