Not good for the Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Who is saying that "every" Raiders fan is a thug?
I am. :sneaky: Of course most are just wannabes.

Seriously though, I have been to a bunch of venues across the country and though I have been harassed and even had fans get in my face or try to goad me into throwing, I have never EVER seen anything like Raiduh fan in the endzone seats of the Coliseum. Unless you've been there, you have no idea. I was talking to my boss last night and some guy was blathering on about the rebuild going on with the Raiduhs. I looked at him and asked if he'd ever been to a Raiduh game at the Coliseum. He just laughed and said, "total train wreck". He saw exactly what I had seen but he had seen it about ten times. And interestingly, he too had never seen anything like that happen in Oakland though he had only been to a couple games there.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
a lot of raiders gear was used by gangs because of the colors, many of which mat have nor cared a whole lot about football.

And so that means that the fans are not really gang members right?

Oakland Raiders

But this was about the LA Raiders fans.........unless the OAK fans are also Crips rollin' down the road too LOL.

Seriously though, I have been to a bunch of venues across the country and though I have been harassed and even had fans get in my face or try to goad me into throwing, I have never EVER seen anything like Raiduh fan in the endzone seats of the Coliseum. Unless you've been there, you have no idea. I

I haven't been there.

But. Guys dressed in crazy gear is not the same as gang members in the stands. I don't think the Crips and Bloods are having it out in the parking lot or bleachers.

I've been in several venues, several sports, several cities.

I've been in the Dawg Pound back in the day when it was sort of "created" in the early 80's at Municipal Stadium. For division rival games like the Steelers, Oilers (that was WAY BACK before there was a Dawg Pound), Bengals, and the Ravens and we know that history.

I've never seen anything approaching gang members in the stands.

And in LA the Raiders had a great fanbase..............and not one that needed a mini courtroom like they have had in Philly for how many years now?

I think you are being too harsh.

If you want to be goaded into throwing down show up in PITT in Browns gear, or in CLE in Steelers gear.

Or show up in West Virginia in new shoes and a suit.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And so that means that the fans are not really gang members right?
What does "may" mean to you? It means I don't know, and neither do you.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What does "may" mean to you? It means I don't know, and neither do you.

So I misread the typo perhaps.

many of which mat have nor cared a whole lot about football.....Neither group includes your friends, so....

Still let's not say that Raiders fans were largely gang members because a few gangs adopted the uni's and a few shitty rappers did too.

It's just too big of a logic jump.

The Raiders had huge success in LA and because of that had huge fan support.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I misread the typo perhaps.

Still let's not say that Raiders fans were largely gang members because a few gangs adopted the uni's and a few crappy rappers did too.

It's just too big of a logic jump.

The Raiders had huge success in LA and because of that had huge fan support.

I never said "largely gang members" I said that I saw many who were this way. I also said it was stupid to make large generalizations, but however, there is segment of gang members in the Raiders crowd(over a few posts)..Technical enough for you?

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Well...here's a potential issue! Seems like Stan has the bolts by the short hairs!!!!!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...d-to-leave-los-angeles-for-at-least-20-years/

The Chargers might be struggling to make fans in Los Angeles, but there's a reason that the NFL isn't panicking yet, and that's mainly because the team is apparently going to have a lot of time to develop a fan base in their new city.

According to Pro Football Talk, when the Chargers moved to L.A., the team signed a "firm" 20-year lease to serve as a tenant at the new stadium being built by Ramsowner Stan Kroenke. The lease means that even if the the Chargers wanted to leave L.A., they wouldn't be able to do it until after the 2039 season.

The Rams have been selling sponsorships and advertising for the stadium with the understanding that two teams would be playing there, which is why it would likely be nearly impossible for the Chargers to get out of the lease.

Of course, the Chargers could leave after 20 years since that's when they'll finally have the option to move again. According to PFT, the Chargers' lease includes two 10-year options. Basically, if the Chargers actually build a fan base and want to stay in L.A., then they could exercise the first 10-year option, which would run from 2040 to 2049. If things are still going well, the Chargers could exercise their second 10-year option, which would presumably run from 2050 to 2059.

The fact that this lease exists might be why NFL commissioner Roger Goodell sounded so optimistic about the Chargers' situation on Wednesday. At the NFL owners meeting, Goodell said the league wasn't worried about the Chargers failing in L.A. because they still had plenty of time to build a fan base. The feeling from the league is that the fans would flock to the team as the Chargers and Rams get closer to the opening of their new stadium in 2020.

"That excitement is going to build as we get closer, as we are still two years away," Goodell said. "There is lots of football and lots of building still to do. We were out of the market for a long time. We have to earn our way back with our fans."

With the Chargers locked in to L.A. for at least 20 more years, the NFL has to be hoping that things get better. It's only been one-and-a-half seasons and the move is already starting to look like a disaster. The most recent blow came on Wednesday when it was reported that the Chargers had to cut revenue projections for their personal seat licenses (PSL) by $250 million from $400 million down to $150 million.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well...here's a potential issue! Seems like Stan has the bolts by the short hairs!!!!!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...d-to-leave-los-angeles-for-at-least-20-years/

The Chargers might be struggling to make fans in Los Angeles, but there's a reason that the NFL isn't panicking yet, and that's mainly because the team is apparently going to have a lot of time to develop a fan base in their new city.

According to Pro Football Talk, when the Chargers moved to L.A., the team signed a "firm" 20-year lease to serve as a tenant at the new stadium being built by Ramsowner Stan Kroenke. The lease means that even if the the Chargers wanted to leave L.A., they wouldn't be able to do it until after the 2039 season.

The Rams have been selling sponsorships and advertising for the stadium with the understanding that two teams would be playing there, which is why it would likely be nearly impossible for the Chargers to get out of the lease.

Of course, the Chargers could leave after 20 years since that's when they'll finally have the option to move again. According to PFT, the Chargers' lease includes two 10-year options. Basically, if the Chargers actually build a fan base and want to stay in L.A., then they could exercise the first 10-year option, which would run from 2040 to 2049. If things are still going well, the Chargers could exercise their second 10-year option, which would presumably run from 2050 to 2059.

The fact that this lease exists might be why NFL commissioner Roger Goodell sounded so optimistic about the Chargers' situation on Wednesday. At the NFL owners meeting, Goodell said the league wasn't worried about the Chargers failing in L.A. because they still had plenty of time to build a fan base. The feeling from the league is that the fans would flock to the team as the Chargers and Rams get closer to the opening of their new stadium in 2020.

"That excitement is going to build as we get closer, as we are still two years away," Goodell said. "There is lots of football and lots of building still to do. We were out of the market for a long time. We have to earn our way back with our fans."

With the Chargers locked in to L.A. for at least 20 more years, the NFL has to be hoping that things get better. It's only been one-and-a-half seasons and the move is already starting to look like a disaster. The most recent blow came on Wednesday when it was reported that the Chargers had to cut revenue projections for their personal seat licenses (PSL) by $250 million from $400 million down to $150 million.
Well, that's a bummer.

fearsomefour

Legend
I am. :sneaky: Of course most are just wannabes.

Seriously though, I have been to a bunch of venues across the country and though I have been harassed and even had fans get in my face or try to goad me into throwing, I have never EVER seen anything like Raiduh fan in the endzone seats of the Coliseum. Unless you've been there, you have no idea. I was talking to my boss last night and some guy was blathering on about the rebuild going on with the Raiduhs. I looked at him and asked if he'd ever been to a Raiduh game at the Coliseum. He just laughed and said, "total train wreck". He saw exactly what I had seen but he had seen it about ten times. And interestingly, he too had never seen anything like that happen in Oakland though he had only been to a couple games there.
I never had an issue at Raider games. Even wearing Ram gear.
Of course, I never sat in the black hole.
The worst fans I've experienced in person are Whiner fans. That whole stadium is the a hole.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Well, that's a bummer.
Why?? Maybe I'm reading the situation wrong. I see it as the Bolts are locked in for 20 yrs. Meaning, by way of Stans lease, that he will reap the gameday rewards for the next 20 yrs. While the bolts lease is cheap... Stan reaps the majority of the gameday rewards from Bolt games.

fearsomefour

Legend
Why?? Maybe I'm reading the situation wrong. I see it as the Bolts are locked in for 20 yrs. Meaning, by way of Stans lease, that he will reap the gameday rewards for the next 20 yrs. While the bolts lease is cheap... Stan reaps the majority of the gameday rewards from Bolt games.
One team in LA.
Chargers shouldn't be there.

EastRam

Pro Bowler

No worries. Certainly that lease can be bought out if the price is right.

Proceeds from a sale of the Bolts or many other different ways.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter

That stadium is going to be a ghost town for Chargers home games (minus the games they play the Raiders).

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Here's my experience at the only Raider game I've been to, (left in 1st qtr) Raider Fan Mentality, circa 1985.

I took my son and niece (Charger fan) to a Raiders-Chargers game in the Colesium in '85. Early in the game a middle aged woman came out of the tunnel about 10 rows below us, carrying a box with a couple drinks and hotdogs. She was wearing a Charger jersey. A fan started heckling her and then a beer came flying and hit her in the back. Everyone around us joined in the heckling. One Raider fan reached over and grabbed her jersey and pulled it off over her head, drinks and hot dogs went flying. They all loved it, cheering and still giving the poor lady hell, standing there crying in her bra. All the Raider fans around cheered even more, no one moved to help. I was livid, but could do nothing, I couldn't leave the kids alone. It didn't stop there. Someone took a lighter and lit her jersey on fire right there in the isle. They cheered even more. And where were the stadium security guards? I saw one looking the other way, aparantly too scared to do anything till reinforcement arrived. We left the game.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
That stadium is going to be a ghost town for Chargers home games (minus the games they play the Raiders).
I don't know about that. LA is big and there may be enough fans for the Chargers opponents from week to week to not be a total 'ghost town'. In fact, with the relatively cheap prices for Chargers games, it may be a smart investment to buy some of the good but still cheap seats for sell just to resell to opposing teams fans for profit.

Psycho_X

Legend
From the sounds of all of the various contracts promising 20 games a year it'll take a huge amount of money to get the Chargers out of LA if they want. If the NFL is that desperate and the owners want to forego hundreds of millions of dollars they could simply let Stan off the hook for what he is supposed to pay to the NFL for letting them move. But someone would have to show definitive proof that it'd be better for the owners to do that which means the cost benefit of the Chargers being somewhere else compared to letting Stan off the hook would have to be better and I don't see that happening since wherever the Chargers go will require an entirely new stadium with NFL funding involved. And we all know, at the end of the day, the owners couldn't give a shit if the stadium is empty for the Chargers games if they make one more dollar keeping them there.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Looks like the Chargers organization realizes they will be the red-headed step-child once they move into the new stadium. Check out these prices.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-rams-chargers-tickets-20181018-story.html

Chargers' low ticket prices for new stadium say something about their footing in L.A.
By SAM FARMER

Rock-bottom pricing is not what that collection of billionaires had in mind for the nation’s second-largest market.

The Chargers announced Wednesday that their new home will feature more than 26,000 seats priced between $50 and $90 per ticket, plus a personal seat license fee of $100. By comparison, the least expensive Rams seat license is 10 times that.

So that means if the Chargers sell all their seat licenses for the top third of the stadium — money that goes to the staggering construction costs — they will generate a one-time amount of $2.6 million, or about the annual salary of a middle-of-the-road kicker.

No question, ticket affordability is great. Fans rightly will applaud inexpensive seats, especially in a league where the prices can be absurd. But pricing their tickets so low is an admission: The Chargers don’t move the needle in L.A.

They dropped their prices because they need to fill the new stadium. And the NFL needs them to fill it. The early results from this two-team experiment are not encouraging, and other owners around the league are concerned.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well y’all boy Benjamin Allbright want STL to pitch to the Chargers. Me being a STL guy I wouldn’t mind but I can’t stand Benjamin

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well y’all boy Benjamin Allbright want STL to pitch to the Chargers. Me being a STL guy I wouldn’t mind but I can’t stand Benjamin
What did they do with the property where Riverfront Stadium was to be? Are they putting a soccer stadium there?