Not good for the Chargers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wonder if the Chargers ever play a down in Inglewood?

socalrams90

Starter
Wonder how the Jets and Gianta compare in pricing?

It would seem to me this is an NFL product in the same stadium in the same market so both teams pricing should be the same.

I get supply and demand. But but but.
I'm a little jealous of the price. I just paid $6k more in SSL and an extra $35 a game for the same seats but then I look at what the Lakers vs. Clippers experience is at the Staples Center and what its like being a fan of these teams in the city I feel better lol.

The chargers have officially cemented themselves as the # 2

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
But neither got what they wanted. They got consolation prizes. What they wanted they failed miserably on.
Well Davis got exactly what he wanted, a brand new statium. Then factor in he's a 45 min flight from LA with world class hotel infrustrucute and he's set. It's the Spanos who got ripped to shreds.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well Davis got exactly what he wanted, a brand new statium. Then factor in he's a 45 min flight from LA with world class hotel infrustrucute and he's set. It's the Spanos who got ripped to shreds.
He got a swee deal for sure. But what he wanted was a stadium shared with the Chargers and he didn’t get that. He got a nice consolation prize though, and it might be better for them in the end.

janthony6

UDFA
Mark got the best deal for himself. Way better than sharing in Carson with a rival.

Vegas giving up $750m is crazy and they are a market desperate for a team. Have to think Gruden and company are playing to be relevant there. They should have a solid fan base in Vegas. I think it will work for them.

Rams are LA and no team was going to top Stans stadium plan. No chance.

Chargers felt forced into accepting LA because of the time limit. They should have asked for another year to decide and continue playing in SD. They were worried about losing market share in LA. Lol dead knows nothing.

If he stayed another year, Vegas would have happened for the Raiders and Dean would be the NFL’s focus. I’m sure at that point Stan would have used all his power to pull the LA option entirely.

JackStraw

Rookie
Y'all know what is good for the Chargers?

Their roster that's capable of winning a division and beyond.

Can't really talk shit on poor fan bases. STL from '07--'end was collecting MAC level crowds and support.

Current team basically has to go 19-0 to ensure they are capable of drawing crowds that are 95% homers and filled to the Inglewood gills

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I still don’t understand why the Raiders are going to Vegas. If I was the commissioner, I would force both Dean and Mark to sell. Keep the Raiders in Oakland and move the Chargers back to San Diego. Quit fucking with the teams and just keep them where they are.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I still don’t understand why the Raiders are going to Vegas. If I was the commissioner, I would force both Dean and Mark to sell. Keep the Raiders in Oakland and move the Chargers back to San Diego. Quit freaking with the teams and just keep them where they are.

Common and harmful misconception.

The commissioner has NOTHING to do with any of those things. Not one. Only the owners can make those decisions by voting.

Goodell can't make a decision. He is the employee of the owners, not the director of them. He can make suggestions about those things but he doesn't even have a vote in the matters you mention.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Common and harmful misconception.

The commissioner has NOTHING to do with any of those things. Not one. Only the owners can make those decisions by voting.

Goodell can't make a decision. He is the employee of the owners, not the director of them. He can make suggestions about those things but he doesn't even have a vote in the matters you mention.
Well whoever has a say in the matter needs to vote those bozos out. You can’t keep moving teams. The Chargers have about 10,000 fans in LA. That was a dumb move and I hope Spanos gets fucked for it. They’re 4-2 and a very good team. No reason the stadium doesn’t get filled. It would in San Diego.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Spanos is the NFL's reverse King Midas.

Every "stadium deal" he's touched has turned into poop.

JackStraw

Rookie
OKC should be home to the Thunder and Chargers.

Would still be playing in appropriate division

Other considerations:
South side of Chi-Town
Milwaukee
Columbus
Vancouver
Boise
Memphis
San Antonio
Omaha
Tulsa
Wichita

And not:
San Diego
Oakland
Austin
Portland

Cincinnati, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Tampa,Cleveland and Green Bay all have smaller populations than any city listed above.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well whoever has a say in the matter needs to vote those bozos out. You can’t keep moving teams. The Chargers have about 10,000 fans in LA. That was a dumb move and I hope Spanos gets freaked for it. They’re 4-2 and a very good team. No reason the stadium doesn’t get filled. It would in San Diego.
It was more of a wrong to me in allowing two teams in LA in the first place. This was always a Rams town until Al Davis flipped his middle finger to Pete Rozelle., and moved his sorry assed team to LA. I want the Inglewood stadium to belong only to the Los Angeles Rams, with permanent signage for the Rams only. I don't care where Spanos' takes his team as long as it's out of LA metro.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
The Chargers owe a 650 million relocation fee to other owners. Im sure that money comes out of the national TV contract over several years. Better hire some outstanding marketing people.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Best thing that could happen to the league is the Spanos family selling the team. Adding another billionaire to the NFL ownership room would be a huge windfall for the league and help the above get rectified. Course that probably won't happen until Dean kicks the bucket.

Yes, that needs to happen, along with a move back to San Diego. The new billionaire owner could build his own stadium and would be a hero.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Nah, I don't like his goofy Red Headed Stepchild either.
bZja0IP.jpg

What Al Davis said to Mark one time ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpVuOzFmrBE

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Someday we will appreciate the Chargers for delivering the LA market solely to the Rams by boxing out the Raiders before slinking back to San Diego.
In addition, the NFL again gets to use LA as a bargaining chip for any team that needs a new stadium.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He got a swee deal for sure. But what he wanted was a stadium shared with the Chargers and he didn’t get that. He got a nice consolation prize though, and it might be better for them in the end.
I still dont see the attraction for 2 division rivals to share a stadium.
The main goal imo was simply to keep the Rams out of LA.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
LA should be a one football team town. And that team the Rams. Kroenke couldn’t care less about the tennant.

Not going to lie, do not like that team in LA