NFL report critical of Incognito

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
OK I'm sorry to the mods for igniting a political d bait, it was an off hand comment never intended to result in this ,cna we go back to the topic PLEASE?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That's clearly not the case here though. It is nothing like you are implying.

Three guys went overboard time and time again with three different people. Obviously they felt like it was acceptable to do it and that they could get away with it. What they did was wrong. I'm not defending how Martin reacted because I think he was wrong too. But nowhere near as wrong as the three meatheads who thought it was OK to behave in that fashion.

I wonder how their parents feel reading that report. Not to awfully proud I would bet.

There is nothing obvious about it. In this case you are putting your standards on something you know nothing about unless you have played in the NFL you know nothing about what the locker room is like. The only reason it is in the public now is because Martin got his feelings hurt and he went crying to mommy and his lawyers. If you think this has not gone on for ever you are naive. This is not the first locker room where some one was teased the NFL is not the general public and of course there is a time and place for this kind of behavior. That does not mean it should be banned in the locker room, that is a different world and should be respected and treated as such. These guys have been told they are the greatest since they were 8 years old, have gotten away with pretty much anything they wanted and have been given a ton of money to play a game. This is not the world most of us know anything about.

RamsFan14

Starter
This situation is quite sad. Don't just take the word suicide as a word to kill yourself, you must be emotionally all over the place if you are thinking about suicide to get away from your problems. It's a terrible mindset that takes a toll on you, and this is coming from someone who had mild thoughts about it in high school based on different circumstances. Thinking about this situation, I'm pretty fucking glad I'm surrounded by awesome family and friends because I feel like I've matured from my past and I'm able to live life comfortably. Doesn't sound like Martin had the most supporting teammates and sounds like they didn't RESPECT him AT ALL. To top that off, you have to go to work with these people everyday?! Where's the relief, how are you supposed to enjoy life??? Idk man, Martin is his own human being with feelings, you gotta respect that. He sure isn't blameless in this situation, so don't get me wrong, but I feel like those other guys crossed the line BIG BIG BIG time. Sounds like Richie and those others didn't respect him in the slightest bit...

To say Martin needs to grow a pair isn't fair, he probably had to deal with that crap for a good year, how is that not considered tough based on his personality? Him snapping one day was probably dude to emotional stress, and based on his past history, it sounds like a pretty big deal. One single incident where he snaps probably raised all the questions about this story... So in a sense, I think I am happy that he's done with those people. That stress is tough to bare I'd imagine, so glad he's free.

How on earth are you supposed to enjoy life as a punching bag?!?! That's essentially what he was with some of those players. Again, Martin isn't perfect in this case, however I side with him on this one based on what I've heard. Hope he has a successful career, it really is a sad incident that happened in Miami. And people are going to take all of this as a joke, couldn't be farther from the truth. This ain't a joke.

Think I'm done venting.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There is nothing obvious about it. In this case you are putting your standards on something you know nothing about unless you have played in the NFL you know nothing about what the locker room is like. The only reason it is in the public now is because Martin got his feelings hurt and he went crying to mommy and his lawyers. If you think this has not gone on for ever you are naive. This is not the first locker room where some one was teased the NFL is not the general public and of course there is a time and place for this kind of behavior. That does not mean it should be banned in the locker room, that is a different world and should be respected and treated as such. These guys have been told they are the greatest since they were 8 years old, have gotten away with pretty much anything they wanted and have been given a ton of money to play a game. This is not the world most of us know anything about.

This was not a matter of teasing lol. Have you read what went on? This was essentially a hazing that had no ending.

Nice that you make an excuse for them though.......maybe they should just say that to the media.

We disagree on this, no big deal.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Well, IDK what all really went on there, no question things were done that should not have been.
But when I read the texts between Martin and Cog - it sure did not read like one person picking on another.
Not even close. The texts I read were more like two friends going back and forth with each other.
Again, I am not saying the texts I read were all inclusive at all.......they just read like two friends going back and forth.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It doesn't matter if it is a locker room or not, these guys were still on the job. There has to be some rules of conduct even, in this context. Can you imagine what would be your fate if you even approached some of the rhetoric in your workplace? You get a visit by the HP director and possibly a reprimand. Goodell and his 44 Million dollar salary will need to address this. I watched Sir Charles Barkley on PTI and he says he remembers times when the locker room talk went too far. Someone stepped up and says, "don't go over the line." That makes sense, even for Barkley....No one is saying there should be PC in the locker room. This was not PC, it was bullying.

I felt differently a few days ago, but this report changes my mind.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This was not a matter of teasing lol. Have you read what went on? This was essentially a hazing that had no ending.

Nice that you make an excuse for them though.......maybe they should just say that to the media.

We disagree on this, no big deal.
If you believe everything you read you will experience many disappointments in life. I agree that we disagree

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If you believe everything you read you will experience many disappointments in life. I agree that we disagree

I appreciate the advice, I may not have thought of that on my own. Should I deploy it when reading posts?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
An NFL locker room can be intense without this kind of shit going on. There's a line that was crossed here
Fuck the PC BS. I'll fight to keep the behavior nazis out of football.

by the way, this report has more to do with politics and social dynamics than it does football or richie.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I appreciate the advice, I may not have thought of that on my own. Should I deploy it when reading posts?

Glad I could help, you never know when someone might be pulling your leg

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Goodell is a cancer on this league and he should be removed. All we've seen is a consistent destruction of the game, and now we're going to have monitors inside the locker room... This is not high school or a girls dormitory, this is a sport which at its foundation is violent and populated by grown men who must form intimate bonds of trust before they place themselves in harms way out in the field. I'm disgusted by the entire underhanded mode by which the league operates now in an effort to destroy this great game and professional sport. If people can't see thru this transparent agenda then there is simply no hope and we freaking deserve the patty-cake-league that's to come.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Read a couple of these quotes from Incognito and see what you think:

"We are going to run train on your sister. She loves me. I’m going to

fuck her without a condom and cum in her baby door.

 Hey, Jmart’s sister is in town. Get the plastic sheets ready, she’s a

squirter.

 I’m going to bang the shit out of her and spit on her and treat her like

shit.

 Hear your sister has a wolf-puss. A fat, hairy pussy.

Although Martin’s core complaints primarily relate to oral statements,

I flew jmarts sister into Indy. My dick is dry and needs

some of her healing squirt juices2

Martin said that he was particularly offended by these crude comments

Hey, wassup, you half-black piece of shit. I saw you on

Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. I’ll shit in your

fuckin’ mouth. I’m gonna slap your fuckin’ mouth, I’m

gonna slap your real mother across the face [laughter].

Fuck you, you’re still a rookie. I’ll kill you."

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Goodell is a cancer on this league and he should be removed. All we've seen is a consistent destruction of the game, and now we're going to have monitors inside the locker room... This is not high school or a girls dormitory, this is a sport which at its foundation is violent and populated by grown men who must form intimate bonds of trust before they place themselves in harms way out in the field. I'm disgusted by the entire underhanded mode by which the league operates now in an effort to destroy this great game and professional sport. If people can't see thru this transparent agenda then there is simply no hope and we freaking deserve the patty-cake-league that's to come.
But Stranger they patted him on the butt and called him sweet checks and then they made him take all the ugly girls at the clubs and pay for all the hoes

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Read a couple of these quotes from Incognito and see what you think:

"We are going to run train on your sister. She loves me. I’m going to

fuck her without a condom and cum in her baby door.

 Hey, Jmart’s sister is in town. Get the plastic sheets ready, she’s a

squirter.

 I’m going to bang the shit out of her and spit on her and treat her like

shit.

 Hear your sister has a wolf-puss. A fat, hairy pussy.

Although Martin’s core complaints primarily relate to oral statements,

I flew jmarts sister into Indy. My dick is dry and needs

some of her healing squirt juices2

Martin said that he was particularly offended by these crude comments

Hey, wassup, you half-black piece of shit. I saw you on

Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. I’ll shit in your

fuckin’ mouth. I’m gonna slap your fuckin’ mouth, I’m

gonna slap your real mother across the face [laughter].

Fuck you, you’re still a rookie. I’ll kill you."

I heard worse than that in the navy and we were playing a hell of a lot more dangerous games than these prema donnas

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
This and Chick-Fil-A are nothing alike. Chick-Fil-A directly donated money to be used to put a group of people down, and then a bunch of ignorant people went to give them more money to continue to do so. Being PC and trying to keep people from equal treatment are not even close to the same.

Being against gay marriage is not "put(ting) a group of people down" or being ignorant. I'm going to leave that at that, because I think it's really not appropriate for this board given the lack of desire for political conversation.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I heard worse than that in the navy and we were playing a hell of a lot more dangerous games than these prema donnas

I heard worse in the Army too, but if any of that stuff was obviously bothering one of my soldiers, if he came to me or not, I put a stop to it. There was a fine line between grunts talking shit and bullying/hazing a guy, and I made sure they didn't cross it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Being against gay marriage is not "put(ting) a group of people down" or being ignorant. I'm going to leave that at that, because I think it's really not appropriate for this board given the lack of desire for political conversation.

Being against it and actively donating towards causes that attempt to keep it away are two different things. Close but different. And yes keeping people from equal rights is very much so keeping them down.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I heard worse in the Army too, but if any of that stuff was obviously bothering one of my soldiers, if he came to me or not, I put a stop to it. There was a fine line between grunts talking shit and bullying/hazing a guy, and I made sure they didn't cross it.
The real problem is we have no proof that this ACTUALLY bothered Martin or if he just sees it as an opportunity knowing he was not cut out for life in the NFL. He as much as admitted it to Cogs that it was his lawyer doing all the talking and positioning when it first came out.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Being against it and actively donating towards causes that attempt to keep it away are two different things. Close but different. And yes keeping people from equal rights is very much so keeping them down.
I respect your right to that opinion. I disagree with said opinion because there are assumptions in your terms here that are not correct.

However, since the will of the populace is keeping politics out of the general conversation, and we both seem pretty set in our opinion, it would probably be best for both of us just to leave that issue out of the Rams discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.