NFL report critical of Incognito

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjab360

Legend
stop bullying me. where's the nanny state to come protect me from the big bad man. where's the 24/7 surveillance so that the authorities can watch over us and keep us all safe.
I don't see why it always has to get political with some people..

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
What liberties are getting infringed?

ur asking the wrong question. the question shoud be, from where do corporates, institutions or gov'ts get the power to protect us thru surveillance? What's the founding principle or document?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ur asking the wrong question. the question shoud be, from where do corporates, institutions or gov'ts get the power to protect us thru surveillance? What's the founding principle or document?

The public Domain has been under surveillance since day dot. Not sure what has changed.

PhxRam

Lets not veer too far off course shall we?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The public Domain has been under surveillance since day dot. Not sure what has changed.
We're talking about locker rooms here. Really, is that what you want?

Anyway, the writing was always on the wall as soon as they broke this story that there would be a report that would be "critical". We're just watching an agenda being rolled out. The fact that there is actually public buy-in is more disappointing than the behavior of a few primadona knuckleheads.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're talking about locker rooms here. Really, is that what you want?

Anyway, the writing was always on the wall as soon as they broke this story that there would be a report that would be "critical". We're just watching an agenda being rolled out. The fact that there is actually public buy-in is more disappointing than the behavior of a few primadona knuckleheads.

I posted earlier in this thread, or another, that the nrl (the rugby league comp here in Australia) has had live feeds into the locker rooms for over a decade. No audio, just visual. It's a great insight for the viewers. You get to see warm ups, last minute instructions, any injuries looked at in the room, post game celebrations. The players don't seem to mind.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I posted earlier in this thread, or another, that the nrl (the rugby league comp here in Australia) has had live feeds into the locker rooms for over a decade. No audio, just visual. It's a great insight for the viewers. You get to see warm ups, last minute instructions, any injuries looked at in the room, post game celebrations. The players don't seem to mind.

Australia wasn't founded on the same principles as America. Different Kettle of Fish, Mate.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

I don't understand why this is about, "taking sides", "identifying with", or "some people",it isn't about any of those things for me nor IMO should it be for anyone else.
It is about whether the behavior being talked about amounts to something so atypical and abhorrent that WE need to settle who is in the wrong so WE can pillory the guilty party.
Trying to project motives for another posters opinion or coming to informal conclusions about what their life has been or is like is dangerous ground and IMO has no place in this discussion.

I live by the theory that every human personality needs to be checked at some point lest it run amok ,in the case of Richie and Johnny ,one was prone to do something the other was poorly equipped to check it,if it got out of hand it was the combination of their personalities that allowed it to happen.
Richie IMO has been checked before in other places , he knows who he can't F with and will find a way to fit in with people who will check his personality and be capable of functioning ,Martin seems ill equipped to stand up for himself and that will follow him wherever he goes as well. He needs others to protect him,it's happening here , and in the world he was attempting to earn a living people like him are the anomaly in far greater measure than Richie.
So the league and the individual teams are faced with a conundrum if they need to yield to public clamor inflamed by a lot of yellow journalism ,alter the entire leagues policies to accommodate the frailties of a guy who plays a position where frailty is a detriment,invade the off field private interactions of people and destroy the ability to trust that any of those interactions ARE private,or do they say, Johnathan Martin doesn't fit in here as well as Richie.

In this league it is a prized attribute that offensive linemen bully defensive lines,that they will put up with NO SHIT and come to the aid of players on their team aggressively and that they will posses a mind set to do so as a BFOQ ( bona fide occupational qualification) Richie has no shortage of that ,his problem seems to be he has difficulty turning it off, Martin seems to struggle to ever turn it on.
My entire thesis is that in the world of pro football teams and other players will only pretend to prefer Martin over Richie, every coach would rather have to find the off switch than have to labor in futility to find an on switch that doesn't exist.
WHO NEEDS a timid body guard ? If ya do I know where you can find one

Last edited:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
BTW Bryant McKinnie who played in Miami with both of these guys feels like Martin played along with all this and that everyone was blindsided by the whole thing and that in order to know it was going "too far" someone needed to be a mind reader.
As per a radio interview on XM radio.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
principles? so you're ok with any nut job having the right to carry a gun but take affront to having a live feed to a team's locker room.

seems to me your principles are a tad askew.

Where did guns come into this discussion.

PhxRam

Again I will ask that this thread don't steer to faroff the topic at hand.

Thread strike receives a thread lock.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Again I will ask that this thread don't steer to faroff the topic at hand.

Thread strike receives a thread lock.

And that would be a shame , because this isn't about judging one another ,aint nobody got time for that, and there are a few people out there I haven't convinced :whistle:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In reality, I think people that have been bullies at some point in their lives and found amusement in attacking those that are different or don't know how to stand up for themselves are able to easier relate more to Incognito in this situation and they don't understand why others react the way they do. They try to make it seem as if what they did wasn't wrong by saying "that's just how it is in the real world" or reasoning that they're trying to toughen the person up, but there's no excuse for getting your jollies off of hurting another person.

Abused women aren't drawn to abusers, abusers are drawn to abused women and they make me sick.

I am five foot ten and about 170 pounds. I grew up with Parry Rhomberg syndrome. Before reconstructive surgery during the summer of my Sr. Year in college my chin was off center by an inch and my left eye socket was, and still, is noticeably lower than the right. I was in and out of the hospital from age 9 to 18 for repairs of CSF leaks caused by the slow bone growth on one side of my face. the Spinal fluid leaks resulted in 13 bouts with bacterial meningitis. I was the sick kid on top of the deformed kid. It probably would have killed Marten. I was picked on plenty and in no way was ever a bully. I ran my own business and am married and have led a good life despite the crap I grew up with. So I am thinking you are as wrong as you could be on this idea jjab.

I had friends that were big tough boneheads and I had enemies that were big tough boneheads. I just have a good understanding of what makes people who they are and I Learned how to deal with the bullies and figure out who they are and what makes them tick, and how to reconcile that they are truly weaklings due to how they handled the hard times that shaped them into the people they are.

I feel bad for Marten but at the same time I feel bad for Incognito. I don't know what kind of life he led that caused him to turn out the way he did but it was either really bad or he did not have the benefit of good parenting, or maybe came from a broken family. I actually think his emotional issues are not so far off from Martens.

There is always going to be people like Marten and people like Incognito. It sucks how it turned out that they were put together and it should never have been allowed to come to the point that it did. The team is more at fault than anyone IMO.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Ya know ,I don't agree with all of that, but I think it's a good place to leave it, thanks for sharing that man,I really think though you are right they both are crying one tough one in the traditional sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.