NFL report critical of Incognito

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Come on, these guys are adults in the NFL. If you can't handle the intense nature of the locker room, you shouldn't be there.

I have 0 empathy for Martin.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Come on, these guys are adults in the NFL. If you can't handle the intense nature of the locker room, you shouldn't be there.

An NFL locker room can be intense without this kind of shit going on. There's a line that was crossed here

RamsFan14

Starter

Disagree totally. There is going to be intensity in the locker room, but you can't cross a certain line. Doesn't help that it's MULTIPLE teammates against you either. Snagging money cause he's young, constant bickering everyday about race or w/e, insults about family, and even "improper physical touching"?!?!?!?! Are you serious? I agree, Martin probably should have stood up for himself better, but still doesn't disqualify how screwed up his teammates are to gang up on the young guy.

Seriously think about it... You have to deal with the stuff I listed almost everyday................... Just think about it............... Is it really that hard to believe he snapped one day?!?!?!?!?! To me, not at all. All it takes is ONE simple snap, and slowly the questions begin to ask... Just 1 simple snap at the cafeteria that triggered all this.

Granted, the term "bullying" sounds kinda sad in this situation since it's grown men, but listening to all this... How on earth could you blame Martin for snapping in the cafeteria one day and just walking out?!?!?! That shit can scar you emotionally, everyone is different. It sucks that this situation has the label "bullying" since this topic is being applied to NFL players, it doesn't make Martin look good. But looking at all the pieces, idk how you can have zero empathy for a guy who was ganged up by TEAMMATES, you know... your second family?!?!

I don't blame Martin for snapping. I don't think he wanted this situation to be viewed as bullying, but I mean it has so it is what it is. Feel bad for the guy if the evidence is true which... Don't have much doubt about it.

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it began as horseplay and guys being guys, it became much more and Martin snapped.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'll say this. If I was a player I don't think I'd want a guy like this on my team and in my locker room. He doesn't understand what's over the line and if someone has to be around to control him then he's stupid and immature and as a player I'd have little use for that. Having a guy like that messing with players, especially the young guys trying to learn their way would bother me.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think it began as horseplay and guys being guys, it became much more and Martin snapped.

In this environment you don't get people to lay off you by just sitting back. You have to stand up for yourself or you get walked on, especially as a rookie.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I expected nothing the league would produce to exonerate Richie, IMO they are cowards at the league level and are willing to let political correctness dictate how they frame it all.

No one with deep pockets is willing to stand up to the PC folks today except Chick Fil A.

Pick a label racist ,sexist, homophobe, supports a culture of bullying , no high profit org wants those labels to compromise their image for fear it will compromise their profits.
So argue all you like gents ,I don't trust the report so I'm not gonna say I know what the whole truth is,I just KNOW ya need to ask Carmello Anthony if the field of play isn't as rough as any locker room and FWIW if Martin snapped it was far more than Richie,Pouncey et al that made him.
The chickafication of America marches on.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
popcorn.gif

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
An NFL locker room can be intense without this kind of shit going on. There's a line that was crossed here
Yeah I don't think so. If you read the tests that have come out you can see Martin was in on this and was part of the problem. This was a witch hunt from the beginning and only done to satisfy the PC soccer mom's out there who might think the sport is too tough for their babies.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I expected nothing the league would produce to exonerate Richie, IMO they are cowards at the league level and are willing to let political correctness dictate how they frame it all.

No one with deep pockets is willing to stand up to the PC folks today except Chick Fil A.

Pick a label racist ,sexist, homophobe, supports a culture of bullying , no high profit org wants those labels to compromise their image for fear it will compromise their profits.
So argue all you like gents ,I don't trust the report so I'm not gonna say I know what the whole truth is,I just KNOW ya need to ask Carmello Anthony if the field of play isn't as rough as any locker room and FWIW if Martin snapped it was far more than Richie,Pouncey et al that made him.

This and Chick-Fil-A are nothing alike. Chick-Fil-A directly donated money to be used to put a group of people down, and then a bunch of ignorant people went to give them more money to continue to do so. Being PC and trying to keep people from equal treatment are not even close to the same.

This is a bunch of guys that went too far, and and now the hammer is coming down on them. Do I think that Martin is totally blameless? Of course not, but there was obviously a line that got crossed and they needed to be brought back. When you can't recognize when you're going to far then this happens. I've seen people get bullied and laugh about it when it really hurt them, they're just trying not to look weak. So the fact that he laughed a little means nothing to me. Again though, I don't think that the guys sat there and plotted evil things against Martin, they probably didn't even realize they were going too far. If anything this is a failure of that team and leadership, not just Incognito and the rest of the line.

Oh and FYI, Chick-Fil-A stopped donating to those groups back in 2012.

jjab360

Legend

Nah, even Chick Fil A learned their lesson in that regard:
In September 2012, The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA) announced that Chick-fil-A has "ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT civil rights." According to the TCRA, Chick-fil-A officials stated in an internal document that they "will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation."In a letter from Chick-fil-A's Senior Director of Real Estate, the company states, "The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas."
Odd that you would consider PC something that you would have to stand up against, anyway. You have something against equal rights?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
PC is not equal rights

It is let's not hurt their feelings, everyone gets a trophy and let all have ice cream. You are all winners.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I wonder what the NFL is going to do to the other guys involved in this......I wonder what the Dolphins are going to do with them.......cut them or keep them around.......now that this report is out there and Incognito lied about how it would clear him is he going to be disciplined again......

Lots of stuff is in play here.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
PC is not equal rights

It is let's not hurt their feelings, everyone gets a trophy and let all have ice cream. You are all winners.

That's clearly not the case here though. It is nothing like you are implying.

Three guys went overboard time and time again with three different people. Obviously they felt like it was acceptable to do it and that they could get away with it. What they did was wrong. I'm not defending how Martin reacted because I think he was wrong too. But nowhere near as wrong as the three meatheads who thought it was OK to behave in that fashion.

I wonder how their parents feel reading that report. Not to awfully proud I would bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.