OFFICIAL NFL injuries 2023/24 season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He couldn’t grip the ball at all.
I re-watched the first half yesterday; and Burrow was gripping the ball just fine right up to the touchdown pass. On that drive, he threw some beautiful passes ... some real darts.

On the play immediately before the TD pass, Burrow was hit and knocked to the ground. It appeared from the angle shown that he tried to break his fall with the palm of his hands, putting stress on the wrist.

Now the wrist could have already been an issue.

The Bengals had to know he couldn’t play, but didn’t put him on the injured list?
But he DID play. And played well up until the above noted plays.

It seems like some shenanigans, with Vegas ties.

A lot of people that bet on the Bengals are angry about what happened. They were intentionally deceived.
It's very possible that Burrow had a problem with his wrist entering the game.
If so, and it can be proven ... which will be difficult ... then Cincinnati should be penalized for failing to list him as Probable or Questionable, with a wrist injury.

If he was compromised entering the game, it's far more likely that the Bengals simply preferred their opponent did not know about it ... a Violation for which Cincinnati Should be Punished ... than any 'shenanigans, with Vegas ties'

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I re-watched the first half yesterday; and Burrow was gripping the ball just fine right up to the touchdown pass. On that drive, he threw some beautiful passes ... some real darts.

On the play immediately before the TD pass, Burrow was hit and knocked to the ground. It appeared from the angle shown that he tried to break his fall with the palm of his hands, putting stress on the wrist.

Now the wrist could have already been an issue.

But he DID play. And played well up until the above noted plays.

It's very possible that Burrow had a problem with his wrist entering the game.
If so, and it can be proven ... which will be difficult ... then Cincinnati should be penalized for failing to list him as Probable or Questionable, with a wrist injury.

If he was compromised entering the game, it's far more likely that the Bengals simply preferred their opponent did not know about it ... a Violation for which Cincinnati Should be Punished ... than any 'shenanigans, with Vegas ties'
I turned it on when Broening entered the game, and they showed Burtow trying to hold a ball.

Either way, the league is supposedly investigating it. I wonder how genuine that investigation will be.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Either way, the league is supposedly investigating it. I wonder how genuine that investigation will be.
Very genuine I would imagine. The league is all about player safety when it comes to QB's.
I think the answer would be pretty easy to find. Leading up to the game I wonder what, if any, participation in practice they listed Burrow as having.
Seems to me this may have been an issue that Burrow withheld from the team. He was playing pretty well up to the play he was injured so this is a total non starter IMO. Alas, the desire to find the smoking gun has become the new fascination of media/social media

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
He couldn’t grip the ball at all. The Bengals had to know he couldn’t play, but didn’t put him on the injured list? It seems like some shenanigans, with Vegas ties.

A lot of people that bet on the Bengals are angry about what happened. They were intentionally deceived.
He was 11-17, over 100 yds and a TD prior to re-aggravating. How bad off was he 'til it was reinjured/aggravated?

And reportedly a good week of practice...

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He was 11-17, over 100 yds and a TD prior to re-aggravating. How bad off was he 'til it was reinjured/aggravated?
Agree
Although Burrow's wrist may have been compromised to start the game (if so, that should have been reported), his grip and throws were fine up until the TD pass to Mixon; and he completed three passes of over twelve yards in that scoring drive ... couple were darts.

It appears he either injured or aggravated an existing injury on the play before the TD.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree
Although Burrow's wrist may have been compromised to start the game (if so, that should have been reported), his grip and throws were fine up until the TD pass to Mixon; and he completed three passes of over twelve yards in that scoring drive ... couple were darts.

It appears he either injured or aggravated an existing injury on the play before the TD.
YEP!

I snapped a tendon once in my hand. Couldn't grip a cup. It hurt, I can understand the pain Burrow is in.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

And reportedly a good week of practice...
His hand was wrapped pre game. Maybe it was a case of poor judgement yo let him play. It seems like keeping him out would have been a better decision.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
His hand was wrapped pre game. Maybe it was a case of poor judgement yo let him play. It seems like keeping him out would have been a better decision.
Guys wear knee and other braces all the time without having to have any injury update...

oldnotdead

Legend
Burrow is gone for the year needing wrist surgery. Browning is a decent backup but they will have to tweak their offense to be a better scheme fit for Jake. Browning is a move the chains type of QB. Quick timing patterns etc. With their defense they can still win games with Browning. They have a good RB so Browning will become the compliment to the run game. Just enough possession type of passing to keep the defense from completely selling out on the run game.

Control the score board, i.e. stay within a one score game and they can be competitive. If they get behind by multiple scores the Bengals will be in trouble. When I used to watch Browning in college he had a decent arm out to all 3 levels. But two shoulder surgeries over the years and that arm talent is gone.

Like I said Browning is your more classic type of backup QB. Good enough to win close games with a strong running game to support him.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Browns' Myles Garrett Injured his shoulder today.

From one report ...

'Garrett left the team’s Week 12 game against the Broncos near the end of the first half and was spotted donning a sling for the injured shoulder. He would tell reporters he “felt something pop” in his left shoulder. Garrett will undergo further testing to reveal the extent of the injury, but things do not look good for the veteran All-Pro pass rusher in the immediate future.'

Psycho_X

Legend
Browns' Myles Garrett Injured his shoulder today.

From one report ...

'Garrett left the team’s Week 12 game against the Broncos near the end of the first half and was spotted donning a sling for the injured shoulder. He would tell reporters he “felt something pop” in his left shoulder. Garrett will undergo further testing to reveal the extent of the injury, but things do not look good for the veteran All-Pro pass rusher in the immediate future.'
Heard he couldn't even put a shirt on after the game and had to have help. Also, their QB got knocked out and Amari Cooper hurt his ribs all though I think that came back negative. They might be rolling out with Joe freakin Flacco against us at this rate.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Heard he couldn't even put a shirt on after the game and had to have help. Also, their QB got knocked out and Amari Cooper hurt his ribs all though I think that came back negative. They might be rolling out with Joe freakin Flacco against us at this rate.
I saw that hit Cooper took. I cringed like I was getting hit.