New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyl711

Starter
Big money? When has he spent big money on anything that can't be used for something else?
i know, its not like hes a developer or something, for all we know, he might sell that land to the NFL so they can put the Chargers and Raiders in it.

MrMotes

Starter
And let's not forget Kroenke personally gave the Inglewood stadium presentation to the NFL in April and will be speaking to the NFL on behalf of his Inglewood stadium again next week...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And let's not forget Kroenke personally gave the Inglewood stadium presentation to the NFL in April and will be speaking to the NFL on behalf of his Inglewood stadium again next week...
Personally? Or had Demoff do that... link?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Steve Wyche talks Rams (relocation talk starts at approx 7:20)

[av]http://download.podcast.play.it/media/d0/d0/d1/d9/d5/dF/dZ/195FZ_3.MP3[/av]

tonyl711

Starter
and lets no
lets also not forget when stan stated publicly that he was stepping up to keep the Rams in St Louis again, lets also not forget that Stan bought the Avalanch of the NHL out from under his brother in laws nose, if he is willing to do that to family, why would it suprise you if what he is telling the NFL is not the truth?

RamzFanz

Damnit
I would assume so, yes. While I doubt Kroenke has told him he is moving no matter what or anything, he has stated that he believes Kroenke truly wants to move. Nobody in the "know" from any side has suggested its a leverage ploy.

So we don't know if they have talked at all about desires to move or that he knows any more than we do? So we're back where we started. It's all assumption, rumor, and guessing.

Well, I will guess that us believing Peacock knows something helps Peacock. He needs us to believe the Rams want to leave so we are urgent about the stadium. And there he is, a guest of the Rams at TC in the VIP tent with his family. Maybe they want the same things? Two ends playing against the middle? Maybe?

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I find it interesting that Peacock hung out with the Rams as their guest. He also chatted with Demoff and Snead. That kind of shows me that the Rams aren't burning any bridges, keeping all options open.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_0d3856c6-bd66-5423-b6a4-543e95fcd97f.html

Dave Peacock, the co-leader of the St. Louis stadium task force, told the Post-Dispatch's Jim Thomas that he tries to get out to Rams' camp a time or two each year, but Tuesday's visit along with his two sons was different. A guest of the Rams, Peacock posed for pictures and drew plenty of attention from the media.

He also chatted briefly with both Rams COO Kevin Demoff and general manager Les Snead.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Personally? Or had Demoff do that... link?

They both have, but Demoff is worse in a way because that links the Rams, since the Rams are his only job.

So we don't know if they have talked at all about desires to move or that he knows any more than we do? So we're back where we started. It's all assumption, rumor, and guessing.

Well, I will guess that us believing Peacock knows something helps Peacock. He needs us to believe the Rams want to leave so we are urgent about the stadium. And there he is, a guest of the Rams at TC in the VIP tent with his family. Maybe they want the same things? Two ends playing against the middle? Maybe?

I just don't see anything to suggest he's not serious about moving. Peacock and Nixon have said it, reporters in the know have said it, NFL insiders have said it, why not believe it? Kroenke and Peacock haven't said it because they want to sell tickets.

I suppose you can say its guessing, but its pretty well informed guessing.

Davis and Spanos haven't said they want to move, in fact they said the opposite. Yet most likely two of the three owners will be moving to LA.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I agree. Actions speak louder than words...

I agree. Actions.

So far a land developer has joined an investment group that purchased some land, his people have proposed a possible stadium using drawings, with no stated connection to any team, as a possible attraction to a retail / entertainment development. This development has received agreements with the local city, with no obligation to actually build a stadium, and is laying the subterranean infrastructure.

They did this action only after failing to negotiate upgrades to a dome.

This motivated STL to spearhead a new stadium, which they have successfully defended in court, which has moved far along in the land purchases, labor negotiations, and railroad agreements necessary to actually build.

Then we see the head of that new STL stadium effort in the VIP tent at training camp with his family as invited guests of the Rams.

Actions not taken: Asking to move the Rams. Votes from the NFL that would actually allow the Rams to move.

Have I missed anything?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They both have, but Demoff is worse in a way because that links the Rams, since the Rams are his only job.
Maybe I missed it... but all I recall is that Demoff has done the presentatons. Kroenke remains silent. If there is a link, let me know?

I just don't see anything to suggest he's not serious about moving. Peacock and Nixon have said it, reporters in the know have said it, NFL insiders have said it, why not believe it? Kroenke and Peacock haven't said it because they want to sell tickets.
There are any number of reasons those men said that, one of which was suggested by @RamzFanz below.

A guess is a guess to me. Again, until Kroenke actually comes out and says something? They're all garden variety guesses.

I agree. Actions speak louder than words...
I'm certain that, if you say the same thing over and over again, it will become fact. (y)

MrMotes

Starter

Kroenke gave an hour long presentation to the owners in April, will be talking to them again on Tuesday. He may not be talking to us, but he's talking...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kroenke gave an hour long presentation to the owners in April, will be talking to them again on Tuesday. He may not be talking to us, but he's talking...
He did? I must have missed it where it was clearly reported that Stan Kroenke, himself, did the presentation.

He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that gets down to that level... probably had Demoff do the talking.

MrMotes

Starter
He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that gets down to that level... probably had Demoff do the talking.

Really? Kroenke doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would talk to his fellow owners?

Try page 296, or Google. It's common knowledge and was well discussed in this very forum...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Really? Kroenke doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would talk to his fellow owners?

Try page 296, or Google. It's common knowledge and was well discussed in this very forum...
Not inclined to do that... you say it... guess we'll add it to the list of guesses.

RamzFanz

Damnit

...and if I wanted people to think I was leaving, I would leak unverifiable and unsubstantiated "hints" too. I'm not at all convinced any of it is actually informed or from insiders that know any more than we do. I have no reason to believe claims of anonymous "insiders" in a pay-per-click world. Stoking a controversy gets people paid.

I'm not even saying he doesn't want to go. It's not the Saint Louis side stating opinion and conjecture as fact with the exception of the pay-per-clickers like Bernie. We don't know. I would bet my last doughnut the "Bernies" don't know a thing we don't.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. Actions.

So far a land developer has joined an investment group that purchased some land, his people have proposed a possible stadium using drawings, with no stated connection to any team, as a possible attraction to a retail / entertainment development. This development has received agreements with the local city, with no obligation to actually build a stadium, and is laying the subterranean infrastructure.

They did this action only after failing to negotiate upgrades to a dome.

This motivated STL to spearhead a new stadium, which they have successfully defended in court, which has moved far along in the land purchases, labor negotiations, and railroad agreements necessary to actually build.

Then we see the head of that new STL stadium effort in the VIP tent at training camp with his family as invited guests of the Rams.

Actions not taken: Asking to move the Rams. Votes from the NFL that would actually allow the Rams to move.

Have I missed anything?
Have you missed anything? The fact the Rams haven't committed to stay in St Louis. It's always funny how somebody will bring up the Rams haven't announced their intention to relocate, like they would be stupid enough to do now and create a lame duck season, and fail to acknowledge they haven't said they will stay. Be realistic here, for the sake of ticket sales and game day revenues nothing will be announced until the season is over or very near to over. Doing it sooner is a foolish business decision and Kroenke, Davis, Spanos and the NFL won't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.