New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If the Rams do stay I assume that Stan will buy into some form of the the current riverfront stadium simply to increase the value of the team. A couple of good seasons will help trend it up. I don't see him selling now. They're not worth a lot now, thanks to their incompetence on the field and the stadium mess. I don't see him buying the whole thing like LA. I don't see him staying in the dome. That's an ego thing now. It seems the most likely outcome is for some form of the riverfront project to move forward. Especially if SD and Oakland occupy LA.

NFL teams have been selling over their market price. I bet he could get 1.2-1.5 billion. The bills were worth 934$ million or close to it and sold for 1.4 billion. I'd say that's a pretty good measuring stick.

bluecoconuts

Legend
So Peacock is getting nonpublic information from the Rams?

I would assume so, yes. While I doubt Kroenke has told him he is moving no matter what or anything, he has stated that he believes Kroenke truly wants to move. Nobody in the "know" from any side has suggested its a leverage ploy.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
because it's one of the biggest hurdles the city had to overcome - no longer are they telling the NFL "Hey if the court rules in our favor, we have the public funding." Now they have it..and that's part of the criteria for stadium plan - financing secured, land, and a design that works. And the kicker is, as it looks now, they'll be the only city with a plan that has all the criteria come decision time. Whether or not they'll get the bonds is no longer an uncertainty
With the fundamental flaw that Stan Kroenke doesn't have to donate a dime to Riverfront Stadium, which means it won't happen while he is owner, as things are now. I could see him cooling his heels in the Dome until another opportunity pops up. He is not desperate for a stadium like Spanos and Davis are, which may be a reason to try and make him stay in St Louis..On the other hand, his extremely stable proposed financial situation in Inglewood, guarantee's a slam dunk for the NFL in LA...I believe Carson is a fraud.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
With the fundamental flaw that Stan Kroenke doesn't have to donate a dime to Riverfront Stadium, which means it won't happen while he is owner, as things are now. I could see him cooling his heels in the Dome until another opportunity pops up. He is not desperate for a stadium like Spanos and Davis are, which may be a reason to try and make him stay in St Louis..On the other hand, his extremely stable proposed financial situation in Inglewood, guarantee's a slam dunk for the NFL in LA...I believe Carson is a fraud.

I'm fine with him cooling his heels in the dome. If he loses out on LA and Riverfront is viable, the only opportunity coming his way would be a buyer. I'm fine with that too. If he loses out on LA. I'm still about 60% on him being successful, but that's due to my doubts on Carson being viable. If Carson makes it to the finish line in time with two teams on board and St Louis continues to clear hurdles I think Stan's chances drop to about 25-30%. JMO. I don't think the NFL will shaft two teams for the sake of one with a reasonable deal on the table. Not when those two are already in California and one has a fan base there already (Its actually not that small and weak after all when you look at sources outside this thread :).) It just doesn't make sense.

Any team in a new stadium in any city is a slam dunk for the NFL.

While I don't think Carson is a fraud, I do think it's a bit of a long shot.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I think the LA contingent is buying into Stan desperately wants out of St Louis narrative way too much. The NFL is controlling who goes where and if the NFL tells the Rams to stay and work a deal that's what Stan will do. Im not so sure he even wants out but simply wanted to get the City and state to get something going, if they didn't he had a backup plan.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am trying to understand all of the jubilation for the latest ruling on the bonds..Looks like the Peacock side has their funding secured....This doesn't change that Kroenke is spending big money on Inglewood and has every intent to relocate there...At RamStalk, they are acting like St Louis won the stadium issue....Don't get it. I still say it's 65-70% likely the Rams move in 2016....but, whatever..
Probably same as STL fans not understanding L.A. fans when something positive occurs out there.

Just emotional ties.. and they cut both ways.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Inglewood doesn't require a stadium and the proposed stadium is still just a piece of paper. That's all they have spent on the stadium there, drawings. I'm not sure where you got that he has every intent to relocate. He's not said that, Demoff has not said that, no one has said that.
I keep coming back to this over and over again...

Stanley Enos Kroenke has never (let me repeat that...), never said what his true intentions are. Maybe one more time for emphasis, if you'll allow... never. He partnered with Stockbridge Capital Group and they made the announcement... not Stanley Enos Kroenke.

Stanley Enos Kroenke? He hasn't said one word regarding his NFL franchise since he announced the signing of Jeff Fisher as head coach of the Rams, IIRC.

Despite what the media outlets in both California and Missouri have written, the fact is (once more, may I repeat this?)... the fact is no one knows his end game... and that's because of a very simple reason:
Stanley Enos Kroenke has never said one word about this stadium issue.

(sorry for the rant-like tone, but lately it seems some are moving away from guessing (which is all anyone can do) to making some sweeping statements that come awfully close to being stated as fact. Just wanted to restate the one fact).

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So what it comes down to at this point, Kroenke has said nothing so we believe what we want to believe. And all we can do is wait to see what really happens. Because until the team announces their intentions, we don't know anything yet.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what it comes down to at this point, Kroenke has said nothing so we believe what we want to believe. And all we can do is wait to see what really happens. Because until the team announces their intentions, we don't know anything yet.
That's exactly what is happening.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

Conspiracy Keanu.jpg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes!

But what gets my blood boiling are the reports from the media (both sides) that Kroenke is "determined" to move.

As @bluecoconuts said, even Peacock has strongly suggested that is Kroenke's intention. Of all the reports, I'd say Peacock's holds the most water because he may have actrually heard those words come out of the man's mouth. However, Peacock didn't put it that way... he intimated. Big difference.

So... no matter how many times the CA and MO press write it, the fact is no one knows what Stanley Enos Kroenke plans to do... no one.

I wish we could stop that particular assumption. It's not based on fact at all.

/rant over/moving on/Mr. Obviousman out/

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yes!

But what gets my blood boiling are the reports from the media (both sides) that Kroenke is "determined" to move.

As @bluecoconuts said, even Peacock has strongly suggested that is Kroenke's intention. Of all the reports, I'd say Peacock's holds the most water because he may have actrually heard those words come out of the man's mouth. However, Peacock didn't put it that way... he intimated. Big difference.

So... no matter how many times the CA and MO press write it, the fact is no one knows what Stanley Enos Kroenke plans to do... no one.

I think you need to remain calm, as I have done through this entire thread.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Yes!

im with you, so many have said that Kroenke wants to move to LA more than anything and in reality no one knows what Kroenke wants.

rams2050

Starter
I m so excited -- 11,423 posts and we now are closing in on number 12,000! Who could ask for anything more?

And we have decided what, exactly??? :whistle:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I m so excited -- 11,423 posts and we now are closing in on number 12,000! Who could ask for anything more?

And we have decided what, exactly??? :whistle:
I have decided that I like the Heath Klondike bars more than the cookie dough version.

iced

They can't make him stay, but they don't have to let him leave either.

MrMotes

Starter
Actually it's Enos Stanley Koenke and though he says little, his actions speak pretty loudly.

Personally, i judge someone by their actions, not their words...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually it's Enos Stanley Koenke and though he says little, his actions speak pretty loudly.

Personally, i judge someone by their actions, not their words...
Actually, he bought some land, drew some pretty pictures and moved some dirt.

Those actions tell us zero about what his real intentions are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.