New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have you missed anything? The fact the Rams haven't committed to stay in St Louis. It's always funny how somebody will bring up the Rams haven't announced their intention to relocate, like they would be stupid enough to do now and create a lame duck season, and fail to acknowledge they haven't said they will stay. Be realistic here, for the sake of ticket sales and game day revenues nothing will be announced until the season is over or very near to over. Doing it sooner is a foolish business decision and Kroenke, Davis, Spanos and the NFL won't do that.
Yup... haven't said they're going... haven't said they're staying... in fact, Stanley Enos Kroenke hasn't said one word. ;)

MrMotes

Starter
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_22d31c15-4b3d-58f6-a69a-dc9880358d88.html

ST. LOUIS •
The chairman of the region’s tourism bureau, landlord of the Edward Jones Dome, said on Wednesday that he believes the St. Louis Rams want to leave for Los Angeles.

The fight to keep the football team here, said Andrew Leonard, chairman of the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission, will have to be a “spectacular effort.”

“There’s no question about it, they’d rather be in Los Angeles, in my mind,” Leonard said at a commission meeting Wednesday.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup... haven't said they're going... haven't said they're staying... in fact, Stanley Enos Kroenke hasn't said one word. ;)
What isn't widely known also is ESK took a trip to Tibet and he is now a Tibettan Monk and took a vow of silence instead of a vow of poverty.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_22d31c15-4b3d-58f6-a69a-dc9880358d88.html

ST. LOUIS •
The chairman of the region’s tourism bureau, landlord of the Edward Jones Dome, said on Wednesday that he believes the St. Louis Rams want to leave for Los Angeles.

The fight to keep the football team here, said Andrew Leonard, chairman of the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission, will have to be a “spectacular effort.”

“There’s no question about it, they’d rather be in Los Angeles, in my mind,” Leonard said at a commission meeting Wednesday.
I must have missed in there the quote from Kroenke... seems like more of the same (guesses)

From that article:
"Early this month, Kroenke announced plans to build an 80,000-seat National Football League stadium and 6,000-seat performance venue at the site of the old Hollywood Park racetrack in Inglewood, Calif."

Kronke announced NOTHING. And yet, they report this stuff...

January? Kind of old, don't you think? This was before the presentation he supposedly gave personally.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What isn't widely known also is ESK took a trip to Tibet and he is now a Tibettan Monk and took a vow of silence instead of a vow of poverty.
Yes... I am aware of that...

And...I have it, on good authority and from reliable sources ;), that he had 12 cases of Health Klondike bars shipped there for sustenance. :)

RamzFanz

Damnit
Have you missed anything? The fact the Rams haven't committed to stay in St Louis. It's always funny how somebody will bring up the Rams haven't announced their intention to relocate, like they would be stupid enough to do now and create a lame duck season, and fail to acknowledge they haven't said they will stay. Be realistic here, for the sake of ticket sales and game day revenues nothing will be announced until the season is over or very near to over. Doing it sooner is a foolish business decision and Kroenke, Davis, Spanos and the NFL won't do that.

I agree, I did miss that. The Rams, after not getting the Dome upgrades they asked for, and while the Stadium proposal is being hashed out and jumping through legal hurdles, have not announced they intend to stay.

They have neither committed to go or stay.

Of course, they are already here, they are officially recognized as the Saint Louis Rams, they have a training facility and a yearly lease on a football stadium, so why would they need to say they are staying? With no statements otherwise, isn't that the default position? Have the Seahawks announced they are staying in Seattle? The Texans? The Giants?

My point being, yes, it would create a lame duck season if they said they were leaving. If they announced they were committed to staying last season when this all started, would we even be talking about a new stadium right now? If the actual plan A is staying with a new stadium, you sure wouldn't announce it when it's your only leverage.

I won't be shocked at all if they do announce they are staying soon if they are confident they will get their stadium. You do realise they are helping with the stadium design?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes... I am aware of that...

And...I have it, on good authority and from reliable sources ;), that he had 12 cases of Health Klondike bars shipped there for sustenance. :)
I think I might be jealous.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Was just pointing out the change - i remember hearing the "new requirements" think last year (yep January '14)

http://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2014/06/09/super-bowl-2018-requirements-minnesota-vikings

not gonna list them all - over 160 lol
Forgot about those. As soon as you posted it I instantly recalled that ridiculous laundry list. I think I stopped short of the requirement for free BJs for Goodell and all his cronies. I'm not reading that thing again. It only pissed me off the first time. I realize they allow for some of the conditions not to be met but..... REALLY NFL?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
if thats the case then all St Louis would have to do is upgrade the dome to keep the Rams still, but thats not an option anymore, arbitration put an end to the top tier thing.
Yes they could have and the Rams would have had to stay. But they didn't and I see no way that the NFL thinks, "Well they declined to keep their end of the deal so that's that. We'll just let them offer up whatever they think is close." Arbitration essentially put an end to the lease and the hold the CVC could have had on the Rams. The question becomes then, what it takes to keep them. And a new stadium IMO would have to be in keeping with the first tier status or at least very close or they would have to offer a very sweetheart deal to compensate. Sorry - but you cannot ignore the lease in all of this. It set expectations and those expectations will be part of the overall picture.

MrMotes

Starter
Everyone who's been following this story knows Kroenke gave the presentation. The articles were posted here for crying out loud...

MrMotes

Starter
I must have missed in there the quote from Kroenke... seems like more of the same (guesses)

I think you missed the point of my post.

It was in answer to those who say the only people who think Kroenke intends to move are Bernie types. Every reporter covering the story (in L.A. and St. Louis) plus many city officials (including the one i quoted) believes Kroenke wants to move.

It's not just click bait...

iced

Forgot about those. As soon as you posted it I instantly recalled that ridiculous laundry list. I think I stopped short of the requirement for free BJs for Goodell and all his cronies. I'm not reading that thing again. It only pissed me off the first time. I realize they allow for some of the conditions not to be met but..... REALLY NFL?

yea - but they also know their product will bring a surge of revenue to whereever they put it..its kind of like their tv contracts - auction to the highest bidder

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Believe Demoff gave the presentation
Yeah... that link doesn't work (at least for me).

Besides... I have a hard time believing that the L.A. Times is objective... of course they'd tint it that Kroenke gave the presentation.... makes it look better for their agenda.

No matter how many reports come out of the L.A. Times or St. Louis PD or any other publication, it still keeps coming back to the same thing:

Kroenke has said nothing - nothing.

And, until he does, every possible outcome is on the table.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think it's rather clear that Stan wants to leave St Louis for LA. The clues started years ago, with the Dodgers. What's not clear to me is whether or not he's desperate to force the issue, or whether or not his forcing everyone's hand is going to go favorably for him. Any way you slice it he's caused a crisis in three markets. No NFL vote is a forgone conclusion. What's not clear to me at all is if Stan could prevail in a three way court battle with Spanos/Davis and the NFL. In the rush to paint Spanos as an evil villain people forget that every right Stan has, he also has. Any court battle Stan wins to move his team opens it up for Spanos and Davis as well. Every argument Stan can muster up, he's got those too, plus 12 years extra. I'd be surprised if it comes to court myself. Think how odd that would be. You're trying to beat them to LA, yet every court battle won to facilitate that helps them as well. There's no judge that's going to rule one team can move and no one else. To me there are only 2 sure scenarios. St Louis fails and SD does not fail to get financing. Or Carson fails. Anything else is shrouded in mystery, regardless of what some members of the media think.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was in answer to those who say the only people who think Kroenke intends to move are Bernie types.
I said that? Not sure I did.

What I am saying is... there have been no direct quotes coming out of anything relating to what Kroenke has said about moving or stadiums or anything, for that matter.

For crying out loud, is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.