New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Not a reliable source. Does his handmade chart include parking? What about pricing? Are the tickets at or above face or below face?
Doesn't really matter to me because I thought he posted straight up ticket sales, not tickets up for resale. This is why I said it was misleading.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Exactly what I was trying to say earlier. Ironically, it's the Rams poor performance on the field that has brought this on in my opinion, seeing as how nobody talks smack about ST Louis when discussing baseball. It's like a tale of two cities. When you wear your red hat, everyone respects your town as a great sports city, you're the number one fan in the nation. Your stadium is located in beautiful downtown with the wonderful arch right there. Put on the blue one and you suck as fan, your city is crumbling, you have no jobs, and despite 20 years of proof to the contrary the long term outlook is cloudy. Maddening the difference in media coverage and social media between us and SD.

I remember when the Rams had the Monday night game against the shitchickens and the Cardinals were playing just down the street in the payoffs. A Monday night game and a playoff game at the same time!! What should have been a great sports night ended up being a Ram bashing event. No one cares about them, why would anyone show up to the Rams, etc etc. It pissed me off so much, and I'm not even a local!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Doesn't really matter to me because I thought he posted straight up ticket sales, not tickets up for resale. This is why I said it was misleading.

If there's only 8,000 tickets left for the Seattle game that's really good though, I'm sure those will sell once the preseason starts. All things considered I really hope St Louis fans can go out and support the Rams. Show them that they're loved, and if they do leave let them go out with a bang.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If there's only 8,000 tickets left for the Seattle game that's really good though, I'm sure those will sell once the preseason starts. All things considered I really hope St Louis fans can go out and support the Rams. Show them that they're loved, and if they do leave let them go out with a bang.

We're 5 weeks from the game, I'm sure each location will sell more tickets.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Yeah, if the team shows well in the preseason and there are no major injuries, I think we will see a lot of those tickets get bought up.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I was gonna say I thought San Diego announced they were actually selling them faster than normal. In this case, more is probably better.
Wouldn't it be a reasonable assumption that the Chargers could be generating some ticket sales from potential "LA Charger" fans given the proximity?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Wouldn't it be a reasonable assumption that the Chargers could be generating some ticket sales from potential "LA Charger" fans given the proximity?

Honestly if anything it would probably lessen ticket sales so people can save up for PSL's and season tickets. My guess is it's the same amount coming from LA as usual.

In terms of San Diego, I always felt it was a military town (Navy and Marines have a big presence there) so there's always going to be a solid fanbase for the away teams from all the different backgrounds in the area.

Most people don't want to make that drive (from LA or San Diego) and them potentially moving is pretty unlikely to change that. The drive is downright miserable.

Yeah, if the team shows well in the preseason and there are no major injuries, I think we will see a lot of those tickets get bought up.

Two of them would be for me if they weren't bracketing Thanksgiving with two away games. :mad: I'm going back there for the holidays to visit my girlfriend's family.

Last year I was there and they were in Tampa. This year I'll be there and they'll be in Cincinnati, I swear I'm going to be pissed if they move to LA next year when I'm moving to St Louis.

I'm not convinced that the football gods aren't just keeping them from me. If I stay in LA they'll probably stay in St Louis.

iced

Most people don't want to make that drive (from LA or San Diego) and them potentially moving is pretty unlikely to change that. The drive is downright miserable.

It can be a brutal drive..I had to drive from Camarillo to the SD Naval base 3x (so 6 trips). If I left early enough, like 3 am, I usually made it to San Diego within 2-3 hours - depending on how many speed limits I broke. (I generally would stay above 80 or so, sometimes hovered near 100... but no one's on the road at 3 am on a wednesday lol)....

however leaving San Diego to Camarillo is a diferent story. Camarillo is about an hour/90 minute drive north of LA....I left the Naval base around 3 pm, and with the brutal traffic, got home probably around 8 or 9 pm.. That traffic, particularly orange county, is brutal. Think I've spent about 7 hours twice on that drive in the evening.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am trying to understand all of the jubilation for the latest ruling on the bonds..Looks like the Peacock side has their funding secured....This doesn't change that Kroenke is spending big money on Inglewood and has every intent to relocate there...At RamStalk, they are acting like St Louis won the stadium issue....Don't get it. I still say it's 65-70% likely the Rams move in 2016....but, whatever..

iced

I am trying to understand all of the jubilation for the latest ruling on the bonds..Looks like the Peacock side has their funding secured....This doesn't change that Kroenke is spending big money on Inglewood and has every intent to relocate there...At RamStalk, they are acting like St Louis won the stadium issue....Don't get it. I still say it's 65-70% likely the Rams move in 2016....but, whatever..

because it's one of the biggest hurdles the city had to overcome - no longer are they telling the NFL "Hey if the court rules in our favor, we have the public funding." Now they have it..and that's part of the criteria for stadium plan - financing secured, land, and a design that works. And the kicker is, as it looks now, they'll be the only city with a plan that has all the criteria come decision time. Whether or not they'll get the bonds is no longer an uncertainty

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

Big money? When has he spent big money on anything that can't be used for something else?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
But they still need Kroenke and the NFL's money. I'd say the biggest hurdle to overcome is getting Kroenke to put up the share they are asking of him. If he doesn't put that up, the NFL might not want to kick in the G4.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Honestly if anything it would probably lessen ticket sales so people can save up for PSL's and season tickets. My guess is it's the same amount coming from LA as usual.

In terms of San Diego, I always felt it was a military town (Navy and Marines have a big presence there) so there's always going to be a solid fanbase for the away teams from all the different backgrounds in the area.

Two of them would be for me if they weren't bracketing Thanksgiving with two away games. :mad: I'm going back there for the holidays to visit my girlfriend's family.

Last year I was there and they were in Tampa. This year I'll be there and they'll be in Cincinnati, I swear I'm going to be pissed if they move to LA next year when I'm moving to St Louis.

I'm not convinced that the football gods aren't just keeping them from me. If I stay in LA they'll probably stay in St Louis.

That's the way it seems to go, doesn't it? My brother is coming back to Stl for Thanksgiving as well and wanted to go to a game before or right after the holiday and I had to break the same news to him. It's crazy how they're on the road those two weekends.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Naw, I wouldn't say 65-70% as there are still too many factors. I visit Rams Talk as well and they are really optimistic over there. So optimistic you would think someone there has inside info which I'm sure they do not.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
But they still need Kroenke and the NFL's money. I'd say the biggest hurdle to overcome is getting Kroenke to put up the share they are asking of him. If he doesn't put that up, the NFL might not want to kick in the G4.
That would be the biggest hurdle should the team stay in St. Louis. The point of securing financing and land acquisition is to appeal to Kroenke AND the NFL owners who will vote on relocation.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Do they have a plan if Kroenke decides not to chip in? I'm sure they have to be thinking about it. And will the NFL still chip in, even if Stan doesn't?

iced

Do they have a plan if Kroenke decides not to chip in? I'm sure they have to be thinking about it. And will the NFL still chip in, even if Stan doesn't?

wouldn't rule out an expansion team within the near future - within a year or 2 prior to negotiating new tv contracts... The NFL wants that 25 billion annually number and like St.Louis a market - giving them another team might be an option. Really makes too much sense for it not to happen - money talks.

RamzFanz

Damnit
This doesn't change that Kroenke is spending big money on Inglewood and has every intent to relocate there

Inglewood doesn't require a stadium and the proposed stadium is still just a piece of paper. That's all they have spent on the stadium there, drawings. I'm not sure where you got that he has every intent to relocate. He's not said that, Demoff has not said that, no one has said that.

bluecoconuts

Legend

If the Rams stay and Kroenke doesn't chip in then there isn't any stadium. Kroenke is required to chip in order for the NFL to chip in for the loan. If the NFL goes with Carson, and we assume Kroenke doesn't do anything rash (while he certainly could just up and move and challenge the NFL in court, it's not the likely outcome) then he can buy into the stadium as is, stay in the dome and work towards something different, stay in the dome indefinitely and look to move somewhere else (pretty unlikely), scrap the project and build his own thing in the same spot, or try to sell the Rams and buy another team.

I think if he stays he'll make some more changes to the Riverfront stadium and go with that. I don't think the stadium will be built by 2020, but it's possible it could come after that.

If the Rams do leave then I'm assuming Peacock and Nixon work towards getting another team, and hopefully they have one shortly after.

I'm not sure where you got that he has every intent to relocate. He's not said that, Demoff has not said that, no one has said that.

Peacock said that.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If the Rams stay and Kroenke doesn't chip in then there isn't any stadium. Kroenke is required to chip in order for the NFL to chip in for the loan. If the NFL goes with Carson, and we assume Kroenke doesn't do anything rash (while he certainly could just up and move and challenge the NFL in court, it's not the likely outcome) then he can buy into the stadium as is, stay in the dome and work towards something different, stay in the dome indefinitely and look to move somewhere else (pretty unlikely), scrap the project and build his own thing in the same spot, or try to sell the Rams and buy another team.

I think if he stays he'll make some more changes to the Riverfront stadium and go with that. I don't think the stadium will be built by 2020, but it's possible it could come after that.

If the Rams do leave then I'm assuming Peacock and Nixon work towards getting another team, and hopefully they have one shortly after.

Peacock said that.

If the Rams do stay I assume that Stan will buy into some form of the the current riverfront stadium simply to increase the value of the team. A couple of good seasons will help trend it up. I don't see him selling now. They're not worth a lot now, thanks to their incompetence on the field and the stadium mess. I don't see him buying the whole thing like LA. I don't see him staying in the dome. That's an ego thing now. It seems the most likely outcome is for some form of the riverfront project to move forward. Especially if SD and Oakland occupy LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.