New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ripper

Starter
Name
Rip
I'm a St. Louis fan, it's where I grew up so my ties to the Rams are purely based on that. I hope they stay in St. Louis and also like the stadium renderings I've seen from Peacocks group. My main concern is the location. I mean it's like building on a volcano with how close they are to the flood zone. I'm really interested in what the contingency plan is for what should be viewed as an inevitability when the flood waters rise.

They say they will build high enough but things can go wrong. In my county when they redid the flood maps they calibrated sea level too low and pretty much the whole county ended up in the wrong zone so it ended up costing everyone money to get it corrected.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm a St. Louis fan, it's where I grew up so my ties to the Rams are purely based on that. I hope they stay in St. Louis and also like the stadium renderings I've seen from Peacocks group. My main concern is the location. I mean it's like building on a volcano with how close they are to the flood zone. I'm really interested in what the contingency plan is for what should be viewed as an inevitability when the flood waters rise.
How long have you lived in St. Louis?

bluecoconuts

Legend
IMO, the issues don't seem that bad based on the fact that we haven't seen many, if any, articles posted here about it. If they do pop up, i'm sure the local media will cover it.

I wouldn't underestimate political powers sweeping things under the rug. They only need to keep it hidden for a few months, one the NFL greenlights them, they're in the clear to work out the issues, knowing the NFL can't exactly go back.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
How long have you lived in St. Louis?
Oh I don't, born and raised there, left for college and been in KY ever since. My whole family still lives in the Lou though, it will always be home to me on some level.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
And you won't hear anything coconuts, thats part of the plan, to keep a lid on the problems til the end of the season. They don't want you to know that the Carson site won't be ready to build on for at least two years (if that).

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have a feeling if a team is playing in LA next year the NFL already knows it. Wouldn't make sense to announce it till the season's over. No one wants an obvious lame duck season. Question is, who's that team? Who's got the best plan in place?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't underestimate political powers sweeping things under the rug. They only need to keep it hidden for a few months, one the NFL greenlights them, they're in the clear to work out the issues, knowing the NFL can't exactly go back.
In a series of hypotheticals, if NFL green lights Carson, Kroenke could hold out on St Louis project until it is a certainty that the EPA stuff (or any other delay items) is clear

rams2050

Starter
I'm hoping that the NFL just says, "The league has been gone from LA for almost 20 years now and the sky has not yet fallen. We, thus, are going to leave things as they are for a while because we cannot justify removing a team from St. Louis when the fan support has been there despite numerous failing seasons AND the town has built ONE and is preparing to build ANOTHER stadium within the space of a mere 25 years."

At least that is what I HOPE will happen. . .

(I was planning to lurk until it was post 11,000 but I do have a life other than here and so I had to give up on that idea).

bluecoconuts

Legend
In a series of hypotheticals, if NFL green lights Carson, Kroenke could hold out on St Louis project until it is a certainty that the EPA stuff (or any other delay items) is clear

I would expect him to hold out on St Louis regardless, until he gets a deal that makes him excited. Him not getting LA is only half the equation, if he doesn't like the deal for the Riverfront, he won't take it.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I would expect him to hold out on St Louis regardless, until he gets a deal that makes him excited. Him not getting LA is only half the equation, if he doesn't like the deal for the Riverfront, he won't take it.

Yeah, his lease with the dome is pretty owner friendly I hear. I imagine he wouldn't commit to the new one unless he knows he's got the deal he wants. That would be if he doesn't get LA. Getting LA is his goal at the moment. If he stays in St. Louis it will be because he was forced to.

RamzFanz

Damnit

If he turns down a new stadium with public funding assistance, I don't think any owner would side with a move. He loses all leverage. My money, if he even asks to move the Rams, and is turned down, he takes over the stadium project and milks it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hunh, I hadn't heard he or the Rams have said anything like that.

Just for fun and to play devils advocate on a slow Saturday afternoon, has he or the Rams say they're going to stay in St Louis and there's nothing to worry about from Inglewood?

If he turns down a new stadium with public funding assistance, I don't think any owner would side with a move. He loses all leverage. My money, if he even asks to move the Rams, and is turned down, he takes over the stadium project and milks it.

That's possible, but impossible to know right now.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan

It's hard to spot, but in some of the rendered drawings (the sections through the stadium) you can see a dashed line labelled "flood level" or something like that. The field is well above this level. Although, if St. Louis has another "1993" kinda flood, that may not matter.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Just for fun and to play devils advocate on a slow Saturday afternoon, has he or the Rams say they're going to stay in St Louis and there's nothing to worry about from Inglewood?

No, they haven't said they are staying. All past comments though we're all pro STL and this current "play" came after they wouldn't update the dome and not just out of the blue. Why didn't they move last season?

My point is only that many believe it's a done deal that they want to move when that's not in evidence yet. A real estate developer bought land. He claims he might build a stadium. This won't be the first time an owner uses threats of moving to get what he wants.

If he does want to move and can't, I think he would want full control here and to profit off the stadium and surrounding businesses. It's what he does, and all hope of moving is pretty much gone. It just seems logical to me that he will want to take advantage of the situation.

Does anyone know of a team moving after a city offered to fund the majority of a new stadium?

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler

Nope, they haven't said they're going to stay in St. Louis. On the other hand, they haven't said they were going to leave either. We can make assumptions based on past events, but nobody can claim they truly know.

RamzFanz

Damnit
My bold prediction IF he wants to move and IF he is turned down and IF he doesn't want to participate in a new stadium, he sells the Rams.

Status
Not open for further replies.