New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMotes

Starter
Maybe that's why Geoff Schwartz didn't sign with the Rams when he was a FA? Worried he might have to move back home?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Geoff is just an idiot, all the players for the MLS, MLB, and NHL teams here don't seem to mind, and the NFL players didn't seem to mind before either.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Pay attention? Was that even necessary? So he has to assume that you were commenting on that particular video?
Easy. I think he was joking. At least that is what I am going to suggest he meant. Right Bubba?o_O

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13313715

NFL Insiders show. At about 24 minutes in they talk about the stadium situation.

I'll paraphrase, but you can listen for yourself.

They basically say that the NFL prefers Carson at this point because the NFL feels that the STL proposal is very good. The sources stress that it's going to come down to a vote, and there are facts that need to be found before a decision is made. They want to make a decision in October meetings so the teams can have plenty of time to sell tickets and find practice facilities in LA.

bluecoconuts

Legend
TY 503, I WAS joking, I just forgot how touchy everyone is in this thread. My bad. Won't happen again.

I figured that's what it was, but I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic (because the video didn't offer anything worthwhile) or if you were talking about another video.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13313715

NFL Insiders show. At about 24 minutes in they talk about the stadium situation.

I'll paraphrase, but you can listen for yourself.

They basically say that the NFL prefers Carson at this point because the NFL feels that the STL proposal is very good. The sources stress that it's going to come down to a vote, and there are facts that need to be found before a decision is made. They want to make a decision in October meetings so the teams can have plenty of time to sell tickets and find practice facilities in LA.

He says "from the few conversations I've had" "the few people I've talked to stress they can't be sure how it's going to go down" "there's a lot more information that has to be disseminated" "August 11 meeting is fact finding there are no decisions expected to be made" "they hope to be able to make a decision in October" "things could change in the next few months".

Nothing we really haven't heard speculated about for 550 pages. It all is going to come down to that August "fact finding" mission and what the three cities do before then.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have to admit to being a pc dummy, I don't know how to do the "blue fonts" (maybe too lazy?).

The Aug. 11 meetings aren't going to resolve anything. I'm guessing theyll' keep us guessing, at least til December. Gotta keep butts in the seats, No?

I'm all for giving it a rest. TC is going to start shortly, and I'm all for getting into how the season shapes up for the Rams. Everything has been gone over, opinions have been presented and everyone knows where everyone stands. Time to concentrate on TC.

I hope to attend the practices in Oxnard, and I'll be happy to post what I observe here.

Last edited:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
You know what's funny? Pre season is so close that I'm starting to not to care if they play in China. Show me them horns and lets play some ball.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I have to admit to being a pc dummy, I don't know how to do the "blue fonts" (maybe too lazy?).

The Aug. 11 meetings aren't going to resolve anything. I'm guessing theyll' keep us guessing, at least til December. Gotta keep butts in the seats, No?

I'm all for giving it a rest. TC is going to start shortly, and I'm all for getting into how the season shapes up for the Rams. Everything has been gone over, opinions have been presented and everyone knows where everyone stands. Time to concentrate on TC.

I hope to attend the practices in Oxnard, and I'll be happy to post what I observe here.
I hear ya, I definitely will be attending a training camp practice or two over here. It's good that the CA fans will be able to attend a couple of practices and the fact that it's against another team should make it really entertaining.

bluecoconuts

Legend
He says "from the few conversations I've had" "the few people I've talked to stress they can't be sure how it's going to go down" "there's a lot more information that has to be disseminated" "August 11 meeting is fact finding there are no decisions expected to be made" "they hope to be able to make a decision in October" "things could change in the next few months".

Nothing we really haven't heard speculated about for 550 pages. It all is going to come down to that August "fact finding" mission and what the three cities do before then.

Carson is 'cleaner' for the NFL if they can get Kroenke to be happy in St Louis (how easy or hard that'll be is anyone's guess), but if they can't get Kroenke to accept anything in St Louis, it becomes a lot more difficult. Especially if there's even one hiccup in Carson, and there's probably going to be multiple. If the NFL doesn't stick the landing in LA, and they've picked Carson they're in a big trouble, because it's unlikely that the Chargers or Raiders would have the ability to invest the necessary funds to really maximize the potential money.

I would be pretty shocked if the NFL has all three owners file for relocation, if that's the case then they have massively failed, and it's one of their biggest failures as owners honestly. Having one of the owners be denied and then need to return back to their city would be bad.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm a St. Louis fan, it's where I grew up so my ties to the Rams are purely based on that. I hope they stay in St. Louis and also like the stadium renderings I've seen from Peacocks group. My main concern is the location. I mean it's like building on a volcano with how close they are to the flood zone. I'm really interested in what the contingency plan is for what should be viewed as an inevitability when the flood waters rise.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've lived my entire life in Carson (4 blocks from the proposed ChaRaider stadium site. I've posted several times in this thread over the past couple months the reasons why Carson is not going to get a stadium. There have been more issues that are being talked about here concerning the legality of land transfers. It just seems like more and more stuff keep cropping up here in Carson that makes the entire concept look like nothing more than a ploy.
Just my opinion. Who knows , Rams may end up playing in Montana, Chargers in London, and Raiders in St. Louis.
In any case, I'm ready for some football.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I've lived my entire life in Carson (4 blocks from the proposed ChaRaider stadium site. I've posted several times in this thread over the past couple months the reasons why Carson is not going to get a stadium. There have been more issues that are being talked about here concerning the legality of land transfers. It just seems like more and more stuff keep cropping up here in Carson that makes the entire concept look like nothing more than a ploy.
Just my opinion. Who knows , Rams may end up playing in Montana, Chargers in London, and Raiders in St. Louis.
In any case, I'm ready for some football.

IMO, the issues don't seem that bad based on the fact that we haven't seen many, if any, articles posted here about it. If they do pop up, i'm sure the local media will cover it.

Status
Not open for further replies.