Ndamukong Suh fined $100,000, not suspended

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Elmgrovegnome pointing out Suh's lack of emotional control:
I was blasted for this on other forums in the past but I still believe that Suh is just not very intelligent or he lacks common sense. Regardless of his academic achievements and parenting, he continues to make the same mistakes over and over again.

It's not mistakes that relate to intelligence, it's mistakes that are attributable to his inability to control his emotions. Possibly a direct result of all the steroids he took as a yute. He has the same mental problems as a guard we used to have. :lol:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
Elmgrovegnome pointing out Suh's lack of emotional control:
I was blasted for this on other forums in the past but I still believe that Suh is just not very intelligent or he lacks common sense. Regardless of his academic achievements and parenting, he continues to make the same mistakes over and over again.

It's not mistakes that relate to intelligence, it's mistakes that are attributable to his inability to control his emotions. Possibly a direct result of all the steroids he took as a yute. He has the same mental problems as a guard we used to have. :lol:
To be sure Ndummy has impulse control issues, and I don't at all discount E-gnomes theory,his grades not withstanding we ALL know elite athletes get grades given to them,they do ,and the PC police will SHOUT you down for mentioning the possibility that our vaunted public education system MIGHT NOT be as corrupt and wasteful as any Bernie Madoff contrived ponzi scheme in "certain" sectors.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy opined:
To be sure Ndummy has impulse control issues, and I don't at all discount E-gnomes theory,his grades not withstanding we ALL know elite athletes get grades given to them,they do ,and the PC police will SHOUT you down for mentioning the possibility that our vaunted public education system MIGHT NOT be as corrupt and wasteful as any Bernie Madoff contrived ponzi scheme in "certain" sectors.
That kind of stuff does happen all the time but I've seen zero evidence of anything he's done being a result of a lack of intelligence. We have a guy on our team who does exhibit that type of behavior so it's easy to tell the difference for me.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not sure if it's his intelligence. He just throws tantrums and lashes out when he gets handled.

I've seen it, the reason he went off on the Packers guard was that he was getting pushed around all game long and the Lions DL was getting stonewalled. He blew his stack because he wasn't getting his way on the field and his team was getting it's ass kicked. I'd be willing to be if you could go back and look at the times he's been out of control it's games where he isn't having his way like he was used to in college and the Lions are losing.

He's had a few plays that were so far out of bounds and so unforgivable it's sorta sad. The hit on Delhomme, the ball kick and the Turkey Day stomp all scream "someone blow out my knee please" and sooner or later like Tim Hasselbeck said on ESPN radio an OL coach is going to show tape and pause on Suh and say "see that guy right there, get him off the field" and someone will do exactly that.

I'm glad the Rams didn't draft him, he's not been close to worth the slot or contract. He's good, not excellent like so many people thought. The once in a generation thing that was getting tossed around is laughable in retrospect, maybe was even at the time I think.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Yeah but Dorsey's hype was legitimate. :whome?:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
Thordaddy opined:
That kind of stuff does happen all the time but I've seen zero evidence of anything he's done being a result of a lack of intelligence. We have a guy on our team who does exhibit that type of behavior so it's easy to tell the difference for me.

OK Al I'll bite, how can you tell through a TV whether a guy does something cuz he's dumb or cuz he's impetuous?

You got some way to administer the Minnesota Multiphasic in cyber space er sumthin?

To me it looks a lot like Ndummy aced stupid class ,got drafted on purely physical gifts and other than when he could just go straight ahead and kill hasn't really played the position very well.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Thordaddy said:
albefree69 said:
Thordaddy opined:

OK Al I'll bite, how can you tell through a TV whether a guy does something cuz he's dumb or cuz he's impetuous?

You got some way to administer the Minnesota Multiphasic in cyber space er sumthin?

To me it looks a lot like Ndummy aced stupid class ,got drafted on purely physical gifts and other than when he could just go straight ahead and kill hasn't really played the position very well.

The knock on him is pretty much exactly that. One dimensional and cannot play the run. He was supposed to be a guy who was going to collapse the pocket from the center on passing plays and blow up the backfield on running plays.

The only time he seems to be on SportsCenter is when he is kicking someone.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy willing to take a reality bite:

Quick is an example of someone who is slow to learn. No comments I've ever heard about Suh would suggest that is his problem. On the other hand, he constantly exhibits behavior problems commensurate with a lack of emotional restraint. Even his problems with defending the run exhibit that. His inability to stay in his lane is, IMO because he is only concerned with getting after the the guy with the ball. He isn't having trouble learning the defensive schemes which would be an indication of problems in the area you're talking about. I don't know or care how smart he is but I'm totally sure that isn't the issue with him.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
albefree69 said:

Quick is an example of someone who is slow to learn. No comments I've ever heard about Suh would suggest that is his problem. On the other hand, he constantly exhibits behavior problems commensurate with a lack of emotional restraint. Even his problems with defending the run exhibit that. His inability to stay in his lane is, IMO because he is only concerned with getting after the the guy with the ball. He isn't having trouble learning the defensive schemes which would be an indication of problems in the area you're talking about. I don't know or care how smart he is but I'm totally sure that isn't the issue with him.
See now I think Quick isn't quite so slow to learn as his learning was never started until he got here, whereas Suh played for a major college with assistant coaches each one competent enough to command salaries greater than the HC of the program Quick came from and SO I say even though your confidence is sexy considering the environments the two were exposed to Quicks progress has been more remarkable than Suh's which to me would indicate HE was the more intelligent.
But in the end I think it's still opinion and I'm uncertain if we aren't both wrong.
Maybe we're the dummies :omg:

Now IMA go do some work on my boat so take care all ILBCNU.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
albefree69 said:

And just what about HIS game was there to learn? Exactly what HAS he learned?

Also he was in the Oregon public school system. I took my kids out of that system for a reason. And grades? I've known an awful lot of book smart dumb shits. Watching Suh play makes me think he or someone did his assignments in school so they gave him high marks. So what? Has he done anything in his pro career that would suggest that he is learning how to be a complete DT? Has he shown any new awareness of how to read offenses or.....ANYTHING?

I think Thor used the exact word I would use to describe him though - Impetuous. And I get the feeling from watching his behavior that though his parents were by all accounts very nice and good people, the word NO was not used enough while he was growing up.

I was pushing for us to draft Suh back in the day. But I am SO glad we didn't. He may be a physical specimen but he is also a one trick pony and I think he gets pissy when the play inevitably goes by him.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
RamFan503 equating grades to intelligence:
And just what about HIS game was there to learn? Exactly what HAS he learned?

Also he was in the Oregon public school system. I took my kids out of that system for a reason. And grades? I've known an awful lot of book smart dumb shytes. Watching Suh play makes me think he or someone did his assignments in school so they gave him high marks. So what? Has he done anything in his pro career that would suggest that he is learning how to be a complete DT? Has he shown any new awareness of how to read offenses or.....ANYTHING?

I think Thor used the exact word I would use to describe him though - Impetuous. And I get the feeling from watching his behavior that though his parents were by all accounts very nice and good people, the word NO was not used enough while he was growing up.

I was pushing for us to draft Suh back in the day. But I am SO glad we didn't. He may be a physical specimen but he is also a one trick pony and I think he gets pissy when the play inevitably goes by him.

A few things spring to mind here.

I'm not saying he isn't stupid (although I don't thank that's true), I said nothing I've seen or heard about him would indicate that is his problem. Everything I have seen and read about him indicates anger management and other mental problems.

Bad school systems don't effect your intelligence they only effect the amount of knowledge you might gain. Grades are also not necessarily indicative of your intelligence although they can be. I got bad grades in second grade and failed. I can assure you that a lack of intelligence was not my problem. :lol:

100% of what you and everyone else has described here is indicative of mental problems and not intellect.

Having said all that, I'm only surmising that a lack of intelligence isn't his problem. That's based on the factors I've already outlined.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
albefree69 said:
Alan being Mr. Obvious
Bad school systems don't effect your intelligence they only effect the amount of knowledge you might gain. Grades are also not necessarily indicative of your intelligence although they can be.

But bad schools will give high marks to even those - shall we say - less than intelligent. Grades? meh.

I will say this though. I have rarely met a highly intelligent person who had no control of their emotions or rage. Intelligent sickos? Sure.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
albefree69 said:
Alan being Mr. Obvious
Bad school systems don't effect your intelligence they only effect the amount of knowledge you might gain. Grades are also not necessarily indicative of your intelligence although they can be.

But bad schools will give high marks to even those - shall we say - less than intelligent. Grades? meh.

I will say this though. I have rarely met a highly intelligent person who had no control of their emotions or rage. Intelligent sickos? Sure.

Sorry to tell ya this Al but bad schools do suppress intelligence because good ones certainly raise it.

IQ isn't fixed at birth, can increase with education
By Steven Reinberg, HealthDay Updated 12/27/2011 11:13 AM
Comments
Children who have more schooling may see their IQ improve, Norwegian researchers have found.

Study suggests that education as late as the middle teenage years may affect IQ.
Photo Disc
Study suggests that education as late as the middle teenage years may affect IQ.
Enlarge
Photo Disc
Sponsored Links
Although time spent in school has been linked with IQ, earlier studies did not rule out the possibility that people with higher IQs might simply be likelier to get more education than others, the researchers noted.
Now, however, "there is good evidence to support the notion that schooling does make you 'smarter' in some general relevant way as measured by IQ tests," said study author Taryn Galloway, a researcher at Statistics Norway in Oslo.
Findings from the large-scale study appear in this week's online edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
IQ, or intelligence quotient, is a widely accepted measure of intelligence. The IQ score comes from several combined, standardized tests.
In 1955, Norway began extending compulsory middle school education by two years. Galloway and her colleague Christian Brinch, from the department of economics at the University of Oslo, analyzed how this additional schooling might affect IQ.
Using data on men born between 1950 and 1958, the researchers looked at the level of schooling by age 30. They also looked at IQ scores of the men when they were 19.
"The size of the effect was quite large," she said. Comparing IQ scores before and after the education reform, the average increased by 0.6 points, which correlated with an increase in IQ of 3.7 points for an addition year of schooling, Galloway said.
"We are only able to study men, because we use data on IQ from the Norwegian military's draft assessment, which basically all men undergo around the age of 19. Women are not included in the draft," she explained.
Education has lasting effects on cognitive skills, such as those broadly measured by IQ tests, Galloway said.
"Cognitive skills are, in turn, related to a large range of social and economic outcomes. A large part of the relevance of the study derives from the fact that there has been some controversy related to the question of whether education has an independent effect on IQ or whether people with higher IQs simply choose, or are better able, to attain higher levels of education," Galloway said.
By looking at a reform which increased mandatory schooling and prevented people from dropping out of school after the 7th grade, it is fairly certain that the effects seen are an effect of schooling on IQ, not vice versa, she explained.
"One subtle point of our findings is that we use IQ measures at roughly age 19, which is three to four years after the additional education generally was received. Thus, we are not simply picking up a short-lived effect that peters out shortly after people leave school," Galloway said.
The findings suggest that education as late as the middle teenage years may have a sizeable effect on IQ, but do not challenge the well-documented importance of early childhood experiences on cognitive development, according to the authors.
Robert Sternberg, a professor of psychology and provost at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, said that "these results -- that schooling has a substantial effect on IQ -- replicate those of other, perhaps not quite as well-controlled, studies."
"I am aware of no serious studies that show the opposite result," he added.
He said the results are also consistent with the huge literature on the so-called Flynn effect showing that IQs are modifiable across as well as within generations and have been rising since the beginning of the 20th century.
"The results of this study are problematical for the chorus of psychologists and educators still locked in century-old thinking that IQ is genetic, stable and non-modifiable," Sternberg said. "As, for these individuals, the belief in the stability of IQ is more a matter of religious faith than of scientific inference, I doubt they will be persuaded."
On the Web:(AT) For more about IQ, visit the U.S. National Library of Medicine: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001912.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 001912.htm</a>
----
Copyright 2011 HealthDay. All Rights Reserved

I'm glad we waited to get our "franchise DT " until Mike Brockers,I think Sunday we see why,Atlanta's d-line is fairly porous.

Iron Lion

Starter
I went through a phase where I liked to take IQ tests all the time.

Saw one test with the following question:

"In England there is no Fourth of July."

Sometimes you are actually taking an IQ test that is written by an idiot.

The correct answer is TRUE. They think they're being clever since there actually is a fourth day in July for the Brits. But the capitalization indicates recognition of holiday status... something tells me the Brits don't consider that day to be a holiday.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Iron Lion said:
I went through a phase where I liked to take IQ tests all the time.

Saw one test with the following question:

"In England there is no Fourth of July."

Sometimes you are actually taking an IQ test that is written by an idiot.

The correct answer is TRUE. They think they're being clever since there actually is a fourth day in July for the Brits. But the capitalization indicates recognition of holiday status... something tells me the Brits don't consider that day to be a holiday.

Something tells me that's a statement ,not a question.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy comparing apples to oranges:
Sorry to tell ya this Al but bad schools do suppress intelligence because good ones certainly raise it.

Children who have more schooling may see their IQ improve, Norwegian researchers have found.

That article/study is only loosely related to intelligence. The article is all about IQ scores. An Intelligence Quotient indicates a person's mental abilities relative to others of approximately the same age. (That definition is incorrect BTW.) IQ tests and the scores derived from them are, in large part, related to knowledge and not to intelligence.

I have taken many IQ tests because I enjoy them. My scores have all been somewhere between 128 and 156. That's a huge difference and do you know why? Because sometimes I know the answers and sometimes I don't. That sounds simple on the surface but it's not.

Below is a sample IQ test and I bolded the questions that require knowledge of something before you can manipulate that knowledge to answer the question.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.iqtest.com/prep.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.iqtest.com/prep.html</a>
1. The word, "mineral," can be spelled using only the letters found in the word, "parliament."

True False
2. This sequence of four words, "triangle, glove, clock, bicycle," corresponds to this sequence of numbers "3, 5, 12, 2."

True False

3. 27 minutes before 7 o'clock is 33 minutes past 5 o'clock.

True False

4. The word, "slackers," is spelled by using the first letters of the words in the following sentence: "Silent large anteaters calmly kiss each roasted snack."

True False
5. If written backwards, the number, "one thousand, one hundred twenty-five," would be written "five thousand, two hundred eleven."

True False
6. Gary has only forty-eight dollars, but he can buy a bicycle that costs one hundred twenty dollars, (disregarding tax) if he borrows fifty-seven dollars from Jane and fifteen dollars from Jill.

True False

7. A round wall clock that has been rotated until it is hanging upside down will have a minute hand that points to your right when it is two forty-five.

True False
8. If the word, "quane," is understood to mean the same as the word, "den," then the following sentence is grammatically correct: "Looking out from my quane, I could see a wolf enter quane."

True False

9. If Richard looks into a mirror and touches his left ear with his right hand, Richard's image seems to touch its right ear with its left hand.

True False
10. If you leave the letters in the same order, but rearrange the spaces in the phrase, "Them eats on," it can be read as, "Theme at son."

True False
11. The words, "auctioned, education, and cautioned," all use the exact same letters.

True False
12. John weighs 85 pounds. Jeff weighs 105 pounds. Jake weighs 115 pounds. Two of them standing together on the same scale could weigh 200 pounds.

True False

13. The seventh vowel appearing in this sentence is the letter "a."

True False

14. Nine chickens, two dogs, and three cats have a total of forty legs.

True False

15. Sixteen hours are to one day as twenty days are to June's length.

True False

16. In the English alphabet, there are exactly four letters between the letter "M" and the letter "G."

True False

17. If the word, "TAN," is written under the word, "SLY," and the word, "TOT," is written under "TAN," then the word, "SAT," is formed diagonally.

True False
18. By removing seven letters from the word, "motherhood," the word, "home," can be formed.

True False
19. If a thumb is a finger, then three gloves and three shoes normally hold thirty-five fingers and toes.

True False

20. The words, "every, how, hand, ever," can form common compound words using, respectively, "one, ever, finger, more."

True False

21. If Monday is the first day of the month, the very next Saturday is the fifth day of the month.

True False

22. Three of the following numbers add up to the number 31: 17, 3, 2, 19, 5.

True False

23. Fred will be four blocks from his starting place if he travels two blocks north, then three blocks east, and then two blocks south.

True False

24. The following words are the opposites of words that begin with the letter R: unreal, street, grasp, unwind, wrong.

True False

25. The following, disregarding punctuation, is spelled the same forwards as it is backwards: "Drat Saddam, a mad dastard!"

True False
26. The letters of the word, "sponged," appear in reverse alphabetical order.

True False

27. The numbers, 3-7-2-4-8-1-5, are read backwards as 5-1-8-4-2-7-3.

True False
28. The odd numbers in this group add up to an even number: 15, 32, 5, 13, 82, 7, 1.

True False

29. Without breaking or bending a toothpick, you can spell the word, "FIN," with exactly seven toothpicks, with no letter sharing a toothpick used by another letter.

True False
30. This sentence has thirty-five letters.

True False

31. A square whose sides each measure ten centimeters can completely fit inside of a regular hexagon whose sides each measure ten centimeters.

True False

32. Six identical triangles can be formed by drawing two straight lines through an octagon's center point.

True False

33. The number 64 is the next logical number in the following sequence of numbers: 2, 6, 14, 30...

True False
34. Frank is taller than John. Ralph is taller than Frank. Therefore, John is the shortest boy.

True False
35. The sum of all the odd numbers from zero to 16 is an even number.

True False
36. If each of seven persons in a group shakes hands with each of the other six persons, then a total of forty-two handshakes occurs.

True False

37. Three congruent regular hexagons can be drawn in such a way that all of them overlap each other and create exactly ten distinct areas or compartments.

True False

38. If a doughnut shaped house has two doors to the outside and three doors to the inner courtyard, then it's possible to end up back at your starting place by walking through all five doors of the house without ever walking through the same door twice.

True False

Let's just take the example of question #37. How can you answer that question without knowing the meaning of "congruent"? The meaning of that word can be taught in school and if it is, the person going to that school has a better chance of scoring higher on this test than a person who attends a school that doesn't teach the meaning of that word.
When we are talking about a player's ability to learn a complicated defensive scheme is it knowledge that he needs or is it the ability to learn? Intelligence is predictive of how well and or if a person can learn something and has nothing to do with knowledge.

Bad schools can never suppress intelligence, they can and do suppress IQ scores.

I could go on in much greater detail but I'm sure everyone except me is already bored to death. :bg:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
albefree69 said:

That article/study is only loosely related to intelligence. The article is all about IQ scores. An Intelligence Quotient indicates a person's mental abilities relative to others of approximately the same age. (That definition is incorrect BTW.) IQ tests and the scores derived from them are, for the most part, related to knowledge and not to intelligence.

I have taken many IQ tests because I enjoy them. My scores have all been somewhere between 128 and 156. That's a huge difference and do you know why? Because sometimes I know the answers and sometimes I don't. That sounds simple on the surface but it's not.

Below is a sample IQ test and I bolded the questions that require knowledge of something before you can manipulate that knowledge to answer the question.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.iqtest.com/prep.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.iqtest.com/prep.html</a>
1. The word, "mineral," can be spelled using only the letters found in the word, "parliament."

True False
2. This sequence of four words, "triangle, glove, clock, bicycle," corresponds to this sequence of numbers "3, 5, 12, 2."

True False

True False

4. The word, "slackers," is spelled by using the first letters of the words in the following sentence: "Silent large anteaters calmly kiss each roasted snack."

True False
5. If written backwards, the number, "one thousand, one hundred twenty-five," would be written "five thousand, two hundred eleven."

True False
6. Gary has only forty-eight dollars, but he can buy a bicycle that costs one hundred twenty dollars, (disregarding tax) if he borrows fifty-seven dollars from Jane and fifteen dollars from Jill.

True False

7. A round wall clock that has been rotated until it is hanging upside down will have a minute hand that points to your right when it is two forty-five.

True False
8. If the word, "quane," is understood to mean the same as the word, "den," then the following sentence is grammatically correct: "Looking out from my quane, I could see a wolf enter quane."

True False

9. If Richard looks into a mirror and touches his left ear with his right hand, Richard's image seems to touch its right ear with its left hand.

True False
10. If you leave the letters in the same order, but rearrange the spaces in the phrase, "Them eats on," it can be read as, "Theme at son."

True False
11. The words, "auctioned, education, and cautioned," all use the exact same letters.

True False
12. John weighs 85 pounds. Jeff weighs 105 pounds. Jake weighs 115 pounds. Two of them standing together on the same scale could weigh 200 pounds.

True False

True False

True False

True False

16. In the English alphabet, there are exactly four letters between the letter "M" and the letter "G."

True False

17. If the word, "TAN," is written under the word, "SLY," and the word, "TOT," is written under "TAN," then the word, "SAT," is formed diagonally.

True False
18. By removing seven letters from the word, "motherhood," the word, "home," can be formed.

True False
19. If a thumb is a finger, then three gloves and three shoes normally hold thirty-five fingers and toes.

True False

20. The words, "every, how, hand, ever," can form common compound words using, respectively, "one, ever, finger, more."

True False

21. If Monday is the first day of the month, the very next Saturday is the fifth day of the month.

True False

True False

23. Fred will be four blocks from his starting place if he travels two blocks north, then three blocks east, and then two blocks south.

True False

24. The following words are the opposites of words that begin with the letter R: unreal, street, grasp, unwind, wrong.

True False

25. The following, disregarding punctuation, is spelled the same forwards as it is backwards: "Drat Saddam, a mad dastard!"

True False

True False

True False
28. The odd numbers in this group add up to an even number: 15, 32, 5, 13, 82, 7, 1.

True False

29. Without breaking or bending a toothpick, you can spell the word, "FIN," with exactly seven toothpicks, with no letter sharing a toothpick used by another letter.

True False

True False

31. A square whose sides each measure ten centimeters can completely fit inside of a regular hexagon whose sides each measure ten centimeters.

True False

32. Six identical triangles can be formed by drawing two straight lines through an octagon's center point.

True False

33. The number 64 is the next logical number in the following sequence of numbers: 2, 6, 14, 30...

True False
34. Frank is taller than John. Ralph is taller than Frank. Therefore, John is the shortest boy.

True False

True False
36. If each of seven persons in a group shakes hands with each of the other six persons, then a total of forty-two handshakes occurs.

True False

37. Three congruent regular hexagons can be drawn in such a way that all of them overlap each other and create exactly ten distinct areas or compartments.

True False

38. If a doughnut shaped house has two doors to the outside and three doors to the inner courtyard, then it's possible to end up back at your starting place by walking through all five doors of the house without ever walking through the same door twice.

True False

Let's just take the example of question #37. How can you answer that question without knowing the meaning of "congruent"? The meaning of that word can be taught in school and if it is, the person going to that school has a better chance of scoring higher on this test than a person who attends a school that doesn't teach the meaning of that word.
When we are talking about a player's ability to learn a complicated defensive scheme is it knowledge that he needs or is it the ability to learn? Intelligence is predictive of how well and or if a person can learn something and has nothing to do with knowledge.

Bad schools can never suppress intelligence, they can and do suppress IQ scores.

I could go on in much greater detail but I'm sure everyone except me is already bored to death. :bg:

Well Al ,it's not the knowledge that good schools teach that effects "intelligence " nor was that article supposed to be anything except an example of an entire body of thought and evidence.

Certainly some of the ability to test IQ is dependent upon reading skills alone, but the development of ordered problem solving is where a good school can develop intelligence over a chaotic zoo.

We could discuss what intelligence really is for a long time but whatever it is, the better the school the better the chance the student will realize his potential, IMO intelligence is like virtually all our abilities ,use it or lose it.

Emotion is the bane of logic, Suh has issues controlling his emotional impulses which could very well stem from the lack of development /stimulation of that part of his brain that controls those impulses.

I think Forrest Gumps momma was onto sumthin' when she said "stupid is as stupid does".

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thordaddy said:
albefree69 said:

That article/study is only loosely related to intelligence. The article is all about IQ scores. An Intelligence Quotient indicates a person's mental abilities relative to others of approximately the same age. (That definition is incorrect BTW.) IQ tests and the scores derived from them are, for the most part, related to knowledge and not to intelligence.

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

True False

Well Al ,it's not the knowledge that good schools teach that effects "intelligence " nor was that article supposed to be anything except an example of an entire body of thought and evidence.

Certainly some of the ability to test IQ is dependent upon reading skills alone, but the development of ordered problem solving is where a good school can develop intelligence over a chaotic zoo.

We could discuss what intelligence really is for a long time but whatever it is, the better the school the better the chance the student will realize his potential, IMO intelligence is like virtually all our abilities ,use it or lose it.

Emotion is the bane of logic, Suh has issues controlling his emotional impulses which could very well stem from the lack of development /stimulation of that part of his brain that controls those impulses.

I think Forrest Gumps momma was onto sumthin' when she said "stupid is as stupid does".

So then you guys agree that he is a dumb shit. Got it. :lmao:

had

Rookie
I'm not sure what's being argued here, but I do have an opinion about Suh, which I am compelled to voice.

The guy is just a mean SOB when he's playing football. Stomping guys, throwing QBs to the ground, kicking guys in the crotch as he's sliding past the play. Guy is a mean sonofabitch.

Which, frankly, I like.

Now, those are pretty dumb things to do because they hurt the team, but that doesn't make him dumb. Lot's of smart people make dumb decisions. Ten minutes of research will give you examples of some of the smartest people ever doing really dumb things.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
had said:
I'm not sure what's being argued here, but I do have an opinion about Suh, which I am compelled to voice.

The guy is just a mean SOB when he's playing football. Stomping guys, throwing QBs to the ground, kicking guys in the crotch as he's sliding past the play. Guy is a mean sonofabitch.

Which, frankly, I like.

Now, those are pretty dumb things to do because they hurt the team, but that doesn't make him dumb. Lot's of smart people make dumb decisions. Ten minutes of research will give you examples of some of the smartest people ever doing really dumb things.

I think in Suh's case it's not "mean sonofabitch" stuff. It's dirty. It's classless. It crosses the line of sportsmanship.

Brockers is the type of mean player I like. So is Jake Long, Harvey Dahl, etc.