Ndamukong Suh fined $100,000, not suspended

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Next time that dumbazz commits a personal foul he needs a 4 game suspension! That's BS!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
DR RAM said:
EastRam said:
X said:
EastRam said:
Seeing how this is about going at the knees...And I agree with the fine...

But I have a question..For those of us that watched the Washington, Eagles game.

Why doesn't the NFL fine the entire O line of the Eagle for the BullShyte cut blocks they were doing last night. To me thats worse than what Suh was fined for. That Shyte was coached!

If it's legal it shouldn't be!
Cut blocks are illegal "in the tackle box."
I don't know what that means though in relation to what you were seeing.

You didn't see the entire Eagles O line go straight to the Knees of every Washington D lineman?

If thats legal the WOW! Just WOW!
A cut block is legal if you are going man to man, and cut him from the front side. It is illegal if you block him from the outside or backside, and illegal if the man you are blocking is being double teamed or engaged with another player.

I get that. BUT and it's a big BUT. I just cant fathom why the NFL would allow that? Whats the difference between going right at the D linemans knees or right at the QB's Knees?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
EastRam said:
Whats the difference between going right at the D linemans knees or right at the QB's Knees?

Completely different. Linemen are engaged at the get go and are keying in on the other guy man on man. The QB generally has his eyes down field and is upright. He is not in a position nor trained to take on an opponent mano a mano. "Cut blocks" have always been legal as long as the person being blocked was not engaged by another or of it was from the side or back. I believe it is also illegal to do so down field.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well I'm glad we've had this discussion,I agree Suh didn't have to make that "block" but had he just shoved the guy,from behind they'd have called that a clip.
Ardunno , sometimes I sit and think I've lived to long sometimes I just sit.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Thordaddy said:
Well I'm glad we've had this discussion,I agree Suh didn't have to make that "block" but had he just shoved the guy,from behind they'd have called that a clip.
Lol, Ok, so if he would have shoved him it would be a clip, but it's OK to dive at his knee from behind??? :what:

Suh was wrong, and got fined for it. With his history of violence in the league, he's lucky they left it at that.

Do you really have a leather helmet, that would be so cool. My dad and grandpappy both wore them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
DR RAM said:
Thordaddy said:
Lol, Ok, so if he would have shoved him it would be a clip, but it's OK to dive at his knee from behind??? :what:

Suh was wrong, and got fined for it. With his history of violence in the league, he's lucky they left it at that.

Do you really have a leather helmet, that would be so cool. My dad and grandpappy both wore them.

Yeah - I agree. I think the most glaring aspect is that the "block" did nothing FOR his team besides maybe injuring an opposing player. Worse yet, the dipshit put his own desire to be an A-hole above the interests of his TEAM. 7 points negated by selfish dirty play.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy thinking he's old:

Hah! I'm right there with you except I always think that others haven't lived long enough. :ww:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
DR RAM said:
Thordaddy said:

See that's the thing about Suh , his reputation , I've seen the things he's been MOST vilified FOR and to me a lot of it isn't ALL THAT unique considering what I've seen over the years. I really think and I truly believe this ,if Suh played for the Jets he'd be a hero for the way he plays, maybe not HERE but in the NY press he would and FWIW they wag the dog.

No I don't have a leather helmet, but I did,my first "hard" helmet had no face mask, my second a single bar like kickers use to wear it wasn't until my 4th that I actually had a real face mask capable of any protection.

As for the "cut blocks " East was lamenting, Alex Gibbs produced o-lines were masters of that.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to defend Suh ,just add some moderate perspective,I'm sure I'm wrong, but it's never stopped me in the past :huh:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Thordaddy said:
DR RAM said:
Thordaddy said:

See that's the thing about Suh , his reputation , I've seen the things he's been MOST vilified FOR and to me a lot of it isn't ALL THAT unique considering what I've seen over the years. I really think and I truly believe this ,if Suh played for the Jets he'd be a hero for the way he plays, maybe not HERE but in the NY press he would and FWIW they wag the dog.

No I don't have a leather helmet, but I did,my first "hard" helmet had no face mask, my second a single bar like kickers use to wear it wasn't until my 4th that I actually had a real face mask capable of any protection.

As for the "cut blocks " East was lamenting, Alex Gibbs produced o-lines were masters of that.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to defend Suh ,just add some moderate perspective,I'm sure I'm wrong, but it's never stopped me in the past :huh:
It's a good discussion. I think he has earned his dirty player label. When he stomped on the GB lineman, and then said he didn't do it...I lost all respect for the guy, because THAT has nothing to do with football, THAT is being a thug, intent on hurting people, no honor, no respect, IMO.

I only enjoy the lamenting of my opponents women....

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
DR RAM watching to many Conan movies:
I like the part about crushing your enemies the best.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
DR RAM watching to many Conan movies:
I like the part about crushing your enemies the best.

images

Schhwiiing!

Iron Lion

Starter
I like how you all are ripping on Suh for being a dirty player when your own Finnegan has a rep as a dirty player.

Personal fouls this year:
Suh 1
Finnegan 2

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
Iron Lion said:
I like how you all are ripping on Suh for being a dirty player when your own Finnegan has a rep as a dirty player.

Suh 1
Finnegan 2
Really you compare throwing someone down out of bounds to diving at someone's legs from behind.

Iron Lion

Starter
Sgt. Ram said:
Iron Lion said:

Suh 1
Finnegan 2
Really you compare throwing someone down out of bounds to diving at someone's legs from behind.

It wasn't from behind. It was in front. Last year it would have been legal. New rule. Did you even see it?

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Iron Lion said:

Suh 1
Finnegan 2

There are threads on this here board where Finnegan is called out for his play. Especially last week.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
Iron Lion said:
Sgt. Ram said:
Iron Lion said:

Suh 1
Finnegan 2

It wasn't from behind. It was in front. Last year it would have been legal. New rule. Did you even see it?[/quote
Who cares, you really can defend suh. Everyone loses their cool but suh is just plain dirty.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Sgt. Ram with an incorrect statement:
Last year it would have been legal. New rule.

That wouldn't be correct Sgt.Ram. It has been illegal to do that kind of thing to a player when the play has already passed them by for many years. Rightfully so. As Eastram said, you should read our thread where we talk about Finnegans action's before you make comments that don't reflect our real views or the truth. You can't write a book report if you only read the last chapter. Plus check out my reply in the other thread you posted in.

We all try to rationalize bad behavior by our own players to some extent but you're at the wrong forum if you think we're just homers here. :ww:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Iron Lion said:
Sgt. Ram said:
Iron Lion said:

Suh 1
Finnegan 2

It wasn't from behind. It was in front. Last year it would have been legal. New rule. Did you even see it?
Point taken Rusty Kitty, it truly does depend on whose ox is getting gored , but Finnegan's PF were in the process of making a tackle that needed to be made and it was ASSUMED he KNEW he was OOB, which I think you'd probably agree the same action had they been in the field of play wouldn't be a foul.

I have argued..............er discussed this from the ,this didn't use to be a foul angle so I feal ya but Suh IMO suffers a little from the fact that he is SUCH a physical phenom he's expected to be a gentle giant whereas Finnegan is considered feisty.

In the end I lament the "chickification" of this game but I don't like seeing certain things done that have little point except to grievously injure an opponent , Suh didn't need to do anything and as I understand it was flagged and ya'll lost a touchdown so I'm a bit mystified why you aren't gleefully joining in this feeding frenzy.

Suh also gets the biz here because we were a fan base divided about whether to draft him or Bradford ,it was a truly tumultuous time on Rams message boards ,I was on the draft Suh bandwagon but today am glad things turned out the way they did BECAUSE we might have drafted Colt McCoy or some lesser guy and not had a guy who can make EVERY throw ,is pretty good with ball security and given the weapons ( doesn't Cook remind you of Megatron?) will get them the ball and not over play the game to the extent he hurts his team ( which I think your guy does at times). We also might not have Mike Brockers who I think if he stays healthy is going to challenge for a pro bowl and I'd wager a Krispy Kreme is voted to more pro bowls over his career than Ndummy.

ANAWAY it's good to hear fum ya , how is school goin'?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was blasted for this on other forums in the past but I still believe that Suh is just not very intelligent or he lacks common sense. Regardless of his academic achievements and parenting, he continues to make the same mistakes over and over again.