N.F.L. Completes Greatest Passing Season in League History

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I already did the digging. MIN is the only playoff team this year to have not reached 3500 yards. DEN missed 20 passing TDs by one. KC was right on that number and about 200ish off the 3500 mark.

You just can't win in the NFL with a lopsided offense of running. Doesn't work that way anymore. Sorry if you're still trying to convince yourself those stats don't matter to hold faith Fisher will ever win again in the NFL, but that just doesn't hold true anymore.

We aren't reaching the magic point total by running. That means more passing TDs. Quite a few more.

We don't need air raid, but commuting to the pass and pass improvement starting with real QB talent is the only way we'll ever win again.
You are presenting your opinion as if it were fact, that simply is not true. It is just your opinion.

Do you think they are not trying to be better in all facets of the game? Would rather have had them keep Bradford after 2 ACL tears? What QB should they have taken instead of what players in the draft?

Athos

Legend
Those aren't just opinions. They're supported with facts. But it's clear I'm not getting through so I've no real desire to continue wasting time on this matter.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again I don't care what their stats are. Winning with style is not important to me, GSOT was great but winning ugly is just fine with me. Gurley getting 30 runs a game and score twice with the final score showing the Rams on top is just fine too.

Drew Brees had the most passing yardage this year, where are they playing this weekend?

for the love of everything sacred and holy.

i care what the stats are when they show how awful the rams were and how it affected their record. the rams offense this season was an embarrassment to nfl offenses and led directly to many losses this season. many losses, not style points. losses.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Having the most passing yards isn't required. Getting at least 3500 and 20-25 in the air is.

So is taking stress and wear and tear off of Gurley.

You want him fresh as possible to run teams down in the forth?

Stop being freaking content winning ugly and build a competent passing attack with a QB more competent than Keenum.
This. You have to be balanced. The most of us aren't asking for Drew Brees type numbers. What we want is some balance to the offense. We cannot run Gurley into the ground. We have to preserve him. Imagine how much better he would be if the defense had to respect the pass.

FRO

Legend
Were you here for the stretch where they went 15-65? Have you seen the personnel moves they have made in the last 4? Do you really think they want to score fewer points per game? Injuries to Bradford, Quick, Foles taking a dump, new coordinators, how many WRs are left from when they got here?

Like I said I loved GSOT but that offense and those players are not on the Rams roster any longer. This staff's philosophy is not the same zero protection throw the ball 40 times a game and it never will be. A team does not need 300 yards and 2 passing TDs a game to win consistently.

There have been changes and there will be more to try and improve this team including the offense. Even with all the injuries and an extremely young oline they were very close. 2 missed field goals from making a wildcard.

I think anyone who wants a different style is going to be disappointed for a long time with this team. They are not selling out to get Goff, they aren't going after big name WRs in FA and they are not going to be an offense built on the passing game.
I don't think anybody is asking for the GSOT. We will all take it, but we are asking for some respectability in the passing game. We had a very bad passing game this year. If we can get to the level of an average pass game, we will be winners, possibly Super Bowl contenders. One facet of the team is dragging us down to the level we are consistent losers.

I think we all remember 15-65. That doesn't excuse not having a winner after 4 years and multiple high draft picks to build a winner. This passing offense is unacceptable.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't think anybody is asking for the GSOT. We will all take it, but we are asking for some respectability in the passing game. We had a very bad passing game this year. If we can get to the level of an average pass game, we will be winners, possibly Super Bowl contenders. One facet of the team is dragging us down to the level we are consistent losers.

I think we all remember 15-65. That doesn't excuse not having a winner after 4 years and multiple high draft picks to build a winner. This passing offense is unacceptable.
So does that mean mortgaging our future 1sts to get a QB? Most probably know that I don't think so but for some it seems that is the only way to get to average in the passing game. Otherwise, it is by firing Fisher. Is it even remotely possible that a few more tools and an O-line, that in reality pass protected fairly well, learning to work together in run blocking could give us that average passing attack?

We're pretty sure Fisher isn't going anywhere so I'm a little tired of talking about that - like maybe since October. So I wonder if we can put together that average passing game to go along with a well above average running game. I think we can. And I also think Fisher would like to see us field a passing attack that he could rely on to win games when the D is stopping the run. I think he believes in a balanced attack that is predicated on being able to run the ball. Without a passing attack, there is no balance. Hopefully we get that part figured out.

I like the future of our O-line. I love our new RB. I like some parts of our receiving corp. I love our diminutive Swiss army knife. QB obviously has question marks in Keenum and Mannion. I think we are in need of a true #1 pass catcher for which defenses actually have to game plan. So to me, that average passing game is well within our reach for next year provided our QB play improves a fair bit and add a real receiving THREAT.

FRO

Legend
So does that mean mortgaging our future 1sts to get a QB? Most probably know that I don't think so but for some it seems that is the only way to get to average in the passing game. Otherwise, it is by firing Fisher. Is it even remotely possible that a few more tools and an O-line, that in reality pass protected fairly well, learning to work together in run blocking could give us that average passing attack?

We're pretty sure Fisher isn't going anywhere so I'm a little tired of talking about that - like maybe since October. So I wonder if we can put together that average passing game to go along with a well above average running game. I think we can. And I also think Fisher would like to see us field a passing attack that he could rely on to win games when the D is stopping the run. I think he believes in a balanced attack that is predicated on being able to run the ball. Without a passing attack, there is no balance. Hopefully we get that part figured out.

I like the future of our O-line. I love our new RB. I like some parts of our receiving corp. I love our diminutive Swiss army knife. QB obviously has question marks in Keenum and Mannion. I think we are in need of a true #1 pass catcher for which defenses actually have to game plan. So to me, that average passing game is well within our reach for next year provided our QB play improves a fair bit and add a real receiving THREAT.
I'm not a fan of trading future draft picks. We have good draft assets to trade in this draft to move up. Fisher needs to go outside for his OC. He needs to add not only a QB, but WRs. I think we are set up for a 12 win team if we can just find balance on offense. I'm very encouraged by the news of us wanting to interview the Browns OC. He got McCown to play pretty well last year.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

You may not be asking for that but some remarks selling out our draft capital for Goff because he has the ability to become Bradeyesk. Flushing the coaching staff and starting over because they aren't winning with enough style points. Calling out Fisher and Snead because they don't know how to evaluate QB and WR talent. We HAVE to draft a QB whatever it take in the first round and Mannion will never develop because we took him in the third round.

Because we have to be able to throw for some arbitrary number of TDs and amount of yardage or we'll never be contenders.

I guess maybe I just interpreted it all to mean we have to sling the ball around in today's NFL like GSOT.

I've been a fan since the sixties so have paid my several pounds of flesh for being a Rams fan and after the drought of the 80s and the dearth of talent since the mid 2000's seeing the team progressing out of the shithole and into respectability is a welcomed change. That's why I'm good with the way things are going. Defense wins championships, that still has not changed even in today's NFL.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
for the love of everything sacred and holy.

i care what the stats are when they show how awful the rams were and how it affected their record. the rams offense this season was an embarrassment to nfl offenses and led directly to many losses this season. many losses, not style points. losses.

We are picking 15th so there are almost half of the teams in the NFL that ended up worse. GZ sucked badly this year and cost us at least 2 wins. 9-7 and a lot of this offense suckage would be so much belly aching and good fodder for Ramstalk. A reception for a TD by our OTHER TE and we win the Steelers game now 10-6 and in the playoffs.

Sweet baby Jesus what do you want from a team the was beat to the brink of submission with injures and an implosion at QB???????

FRO

Legend
You may not be asking for that but some remarks selling out our draft capital for Goff because he has the ability to become Bradeyesk. Flushing the coaching staff and starting over because they aren't winning with enough style points. Calling out Fisher and Snead because they don't know how to evaluate QB and WR talent. We HAVE to draft a QB whatever it take in the first round and Mannion will never develop because we took him in the third round.

Because we have to be able to throw for some arbitrary number of TDs and amount of yardage or we'll never be contenders.

I guess maybe I just interpreted it all to mean we have to sling the ball around in today's NFL like GSOT.

I've been a fan since the sixties so have paid my several pounds of flesh for being a Rams fan and after the drought of the 80s and the dearth of talent since the mid 2000's seeing the team progressing out of the shithole and into respectability is a welcomed change. That's why I'm good with the way things are going. Defense wins championships, that still has not changed even in today's NFL.
I don't care about style points. My overall point is we can't have sustained winning unless we improve our pass game. Also the calls for the firing of Fisher has to do with the fact we have had losing seasons in every year he has been coach. While he inherited a disaster he was given 4 years and a bunch of premium picks to turn it around. It hasn't happened. Only 2 other coaches have gotten a 5th year after 4 pervious losing years.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't care about style points. My overall point is we can't have sustained winning unless we improve our pass game. Also the calls for the firing of Fisher has to do with the fact we have had losing seasons in every year he has been coach. While he inherited a disaster he was given 4 years and a bunch of premium picks to turn it around. It hasn't happened. Only 2 other coaches have gotten a 5th year after 4 pervious losing years.
No, actually Fisher was given a 5 year contract. I expect Stan to honor it the same way I expect players to honor the contracts they sign.

As for improving the passing game I agree I just don't believe there is a magical number it needs to hit each week to qualify for a win. And, I honestly believe because of the players they have added and the years they will have accumulated together in 2016 they will be improvement even if they don't add anyone which I think is highly unlikely. Adding another QB I do think that is up in the air but if they spend a pick on one I hope he is a stud.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
There is one problem with your QB that a team depends on week in and week out to win with. If he goes down, the team is sunk. Green Bay for the past 5 years have won on the arm of Aaron Rodgers. And while they made it to the playoffs this year, they went 4-6 down the stretch after Rodgers couldn't hit his WR's. Live strictly by the pass, die by the pass when you can no longer complete them. Average Rodgers last 5 years out to full seasons and he has 5 years of 4400 yards 37 TD's over those years. And they are 2-4 in the playoffs. Look at their 2013 season, he played 9 games they went 6-3 in those games. He was on target for 4500 yards and 31 TDs. The games he was hurt, well they ended the season 8-7-1. But hey, Rodgers is the one of the Greatest QB's ever. Who after 8 years of starting has one Super Bowl Victory. They will be one and done this year. And speaking of 2013. Payton Manning 5400 yards 55 TD's loses the Super Bowl to Russell Wilson 3300 yards 26 TDs. But hey, it's all about the QB, not the Defense, or so I have been told. Stats prove it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are picking 15th so there are almost half of the teams in the NFL that ended up worse. GZ sucked badly this year and cost us at least 2 wins. 9-7 and a lot of this offense suckage would be so much belly aching and good fodder for Ramstalk. A reception for a TD by our OTHER TE and we win the Steelers game now 10-6 and in the playoffs.

Sweet baby Jesus what do you want from a team the was beat to the brink of submission with injures and an implosion at QB???????

i'm not sure any teams below the rams had a stud like gurley to turn to and a d as good as the rams d.

they need a dependable qb. traded average to above average away and ended up with the worst in the history of the nfl, or so it seemed.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is one problem with your QB that a team depends on week in and week out to win with. If he goes down, the team is sunk. Green Bay for the past 5 years have won on the arm of Aaron Rodgers. And while they made it to the playoffs this year, they went 4-6 down the stretch after Rodgers couldn't hit his WR's. Live strictly by the pass, die by the pass when you can no longer complete them. Average Rodgers last 5 years out to full seasons and he has 5 years of 4400 yards 37 TD's over those years. And they are 2-4 in the playoffs. Look at their 2013 season, he played 9 games they went 6-3 in those games. He was on target for 4500 yards and 31 TDs. The games he was hurt, well they ended the season 8-7-1. But hey, Rodgers is the one of the Greatest QB's ever. Who after 8 years of starting has one Super Bowl Victory. They will be one and done this year. And speaking of 2013. Payton Manning 5400 yards 55 TD's loses the Super Bowl to Russell Wilson 3300 yards 26 TDs. But hey, it's all about the QB, not the Defense, or so I have been told. Stats prove it.

the rams don't need arod. they need alex smith or similar. they have absolute shit. not that case is shit but he's a backup. mannion we don't know.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
i'm not sure any teams below the rams had a stud like gurley to turn to and a d as good as the rams d.

they need a dependable qb. traded average to above average away and ended up with the worst in the history of the nfl, or so it seemed.

I would have been fine with keeping Sam, I really wish they had fixed the oline first instead of the defense to protect him better. But I do understand trying to fix it with the trade and dumping Sam's salary. If Sam had reworked his contract it probably would not have happened so some of it is on him too. The offer from the Browns did not get them a guy who had league experience so I get that too.