N.F.L. Completes Greatest Passing Season in League History

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Point of fact. Of the 12 QB's that had 4,000 or more yards. Only 4 are in the playoffs. And three of those 4, have a top 10 defense in yards and points given up.

I can play this game too!

NE
ARZ
CAR
HAGS
CIN
GB
WAS

Have accounted for 30+ passing TDs.
----

HOU
PITT

26-29 passing TDs

----

KC, DEN, MIN the only 3 teams without more than 20 passing TDs. KC has exactly 20. DEN 19. MIN the lowest with 14.

Point?

You go nowhere in the NFL without a legitimate passing attack. Meh on yards. Look at all those teams that get the ball in the EZ by way of pass. Even supposedly run first/D first, SeaTurds. Or D first CAR.

------

And one more since I'm not done, everyone of those teams but KC and MIN passed for more than 3500 yards. Still a solid number. GB and CAR would be closer to 4K than 3.5K if they hadn't both lost their #1 WR threats.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
I can play this game too!

NE
ARZ
CAR
HAGS
CIN
GB
WAS

Have accounted for 30+ passing TDs.
----

HOU
PITT

26-29 passing TDs

----

KC, DEN, MIN the only 3 teams without more than 20 passing TDs. KC has exactly 20. DEN 19. MIN the lowest with 14.

Point?

You go nowhere in the NFL without a legitimate passing attack. Meh on yards. Look at all those teams that get the ball in the EZ by way of pass. Even supposedly run first/D first, SeaTurds. Or D first CAR.

------

And one more since I'm not done, everyone of those teams but KC and MIN passed for more than 3500 yards. Still a solid number. GB and CAR would be closer to 4K than 3.5K if they hadn't both lost their #1 WR threats.
Tom Brady had won the Super Bowl 3 times before he ever had a 30 TD Season. Matter of Fact, Brady never threw more than 30 TD's before the Patriots signed Randy Moss, in 2007. In Brady's 16 year career, he has 30 TD's only 6 times. Eli Manning's two Super Bowl years, 21 and 26 TD's. People need to get this super QB out of their heads. What you need is a QB that does not make stupid mistakes. Aaron Rodgers, Super Bowl year, 28 TD's. Big Ben, 17 and 17 TD's. I believe the last 3 QB to win the Super Bowl and throw 30 TD's are Brady, last year, Brees, and Payton Manning in 2006.

Athos

Legend
Tom Brady had won the Super Bowl 3 times before he ever had a 30 TD Season. Matter of Fact, Brady never threw more than 30 TD's before the Patriots signed Randy Moss, in 2007. In Brady's 16 year career, he has 30 TD's only 6 times. Eli Manning's two Super Bowl years, 21 and 26 TD's. People need to get this super QB out of their heads. What you need is a QB that does not make stupid mistakes. Aaron Rodgers, Super Bowl year, 28 TD's. Big Ben, 17 and 17 TD's. I believe the last 3 QB to win the Super Bowl and throw 30 TD's are Brady, last year, Brees, and Payton Manning in 2006.

Thanks for helping my case. You just listed 4 HOF QBs and another, Eli, who has a shot at the HOF.

Legitimate QB talent is a must.

30TD seasons are usually outliers. 25+ TD seasons out of your QB is VERY good. Big Ben was a younger QB then, without an offense designed for him. And still the Steel Curtain type D. Those old Steelers/Ravens Ds no longer exist. The League and Goodhell won't allow them.

But again, you're talking past. Fact is, the QB-driven league gets proven harder and harder with the slacking off of D because of increasing penalties.

YOu either get with the times, or you just flushed down the toilet like a turd and left behind like Fisher has been.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Drew Bree's, Blake Bortles, Eli Manning, Derak Carr, Matthew Stafford, Ryan Fitzpatrick all have 30+ TD's. You know what else they have? Bottom 10 Defense's in points per game. Except Fitzpatrick. Well the Raiders are 11. So bottom 11.

Athos

Legend
Whatever point you're trying to make... Just isn't working. Sorry.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Get a QB.

Get some WR's/TE's that can make tough catches - and the easy ones too.

Grow some balls on offense instead of playing not to lose.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Thanks for helping my case. You just listed 4 HOF QBs and another, Eli, who has a shot at the HOF.

Legitimate QB talent is a must.

30TD seasons are usually outliers. 25+ TD seasons out of your QB is VERY good. Big Ben was a younger QB then, without an offense designed for him. And still the Steel Curtain type D. Those old Steelers/Ravens Ds no longer exist. The League and Goodhell won't allow them.

But again, you're talking past. Fact is, the QB-driven league gets proven harder and harder with the slacking off of D because of increasing penalties.

YOu either get with the times, or you just flushed down the toilet like a turd and left behind like Fisher has been.
You want to know why they are HOF QB's? It's more simple than you can imagine. They have constantly good defenses to help them. Patriots average defense since Brady has been with them give up less than 19 points per game. The winning percentage of a team whose defense gives up that little is 75%. That's a league wide average. Granted, they have those games were the score is 38-37, but they don't have many of them. Since Big Ben has been in Pittsburgh their defense has averaged 18.1 PPG. Green Bay and Rodgers at 21.1 ppg. Pats and Brady, 18.8 PPG. But go on believing all you need is a good QB to throw 4,000 yards and 30 TD's a year. And you will have team like the Chargers. Always just outside of winning.

You look at any team that wins the Super Bowl and chances are they gave up less than 19 points per game during the year. Even when the Giants won last time, they gave up 25 ppg during the regular season, but in the playoffs, 2, 20, 17 and 17 points given up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think it's important to remember that Fish isn't going to ever tell the media what he's thinking. Nobody does a better job of keeping his cards close than Fish does. Which means we can make some assumptions:

Assumption #1: He is not happy with QB. Sure, Keenum returns, and who cares if Foles is said to be in the mix. But that doesn't mean squat in terms of what Fish is thinking in the draft, trade, or FA with the position.

Assumption #2: Mannion is a longshot. I loved Mannion's junior season when he was droppin dimes on Cooks left and right. But the Rams cannot afford to make any assumptions with him. Sure, he's in the mix with the other two knuckleheads. Ok.

Assumption #3: They are going to add another guy in the draft. This is where I worry about Fish and Snead. Are they capable of selecting the right QB? Are they going to allow themselves to forget how important the position is to their future? See that's the rub in Fisher returning... Even if you hit on a high QB if the guy isn't ready to compete for the job this season you might just be hooking up the next head coach for an easy run. Now, I do think Fish is bigger than that, in that he won't avoid the long term decision simply to ensure he has the highest chance of winning now, but he's human and capable of convincing himself that a high end DE who slipped to 15 is the piece and hey why not roll the dice and hope X quarterback is there in round 2 or late round 1 where we have a tentative agreement to move up.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
You want to know why they are HOF QB's? It's more simple than you can imagine. They have constantly good defenses to help them. Patriots average defense since Brady has been with them give up less than 19 points per game. The winning percentage of a team whose defense gives up that little is 75%. That's a league wide average. Granted, they have those games were the score is 38-37, but they don't have many of them. Since Big Ben has been in Pittsburgh their defense has averaged 18.1 PPG. Green Bay and Rodgers at 21.1 ppg. Pats and Brady, 18.8 PPG. But go on believing all you need is a good QB to throw 4,000 yards and 30 TD's a year. And you will have team like the Chargers. Always just outside of winning.

You look at any team that wins the Super Bowl and chances are they gave up less than 19 points per game during the year. Even when the Giants won last time, they gave up 25 ppg during the regular season, but in the playoffs, 2, 20, 17 and 17 points given up.
image.jpg

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Keenum the starter going into the offseason and Foles will compete with him. Nice.

Athos

Legend
lol.

Whatever you say dude.

Those offenses help the defense. Ever think of that? Playing with leads means the Ds can pin their ears back.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Anyone know how many points per game the Rams D gave up this season?

Btw @Raptorman - congrats to you and the rest of the Vikings fanbase for your good season. Hope your team kicks the crap out of the Seahawks! Your coaches should be watching film of that last game they played against the Rams. Don't let Wussell Wilson out of the pocket, pressure him up the middle, and challenge Richard Sherman once in a while.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Playing averages, if we averaged 23-24 a game, we'd basically be undefeated.

Thanks!

Patriots average defense since Brady has been with them give up less than 19 points per game. The winning percentage of a team whose defense gives up that little is 75%.

Green Bay and Rodgers at 21.1 ppg.

You look at any team that wins the Super Bowl and chances are they gave up less than 19 points per game during the year.

So the Rams gave up a point or two more per game than these Super Bowl teams and yet we still couldn't get to .500...hmm. I'm thinking there's more to it than a solid defense.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Thanks!
So the Rams gave up a point or two more per game than these Super Bowl teams and yet we still couldn't get to .500...hmm. I'm thinking there's more to it than a solid defense.
There is. You still need a QB that does not make make mistakes. More TD's than Interceptions and a halfway decent 3rd down percentage. But they don't have to be a Rodgers. Who, if you noticed only has one Super Bowl. (and he got that when the Packers defense was wait for it........ranked second in ppg, 15 during the season......and who did they beat.......the Steelers whose defense ranked ......wait for it.........first in ppg 14.5 during the season.)

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Just a better kicker this year is worth 2 more wins. A full year with Gurley and another year removed from knee surgery might be worth one more. More time for the oline to gel resigning our FA class, Ogletree and Quinn back healthy.

Maybe that DE at 15 is the right pick

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just a better kicker this year is worth 2 more wins. A full year with Gurley and another year removed from knee surgery might be worth one more. More time for the oline to gel resigning our FA class, Ogletree and Quinn back healthy.

Maybe that DE at 15 is the right pick

11 passing tds.