My list of “upgradable” Rams that would make them a deep playoff threat.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I guess that I failed to make myself clear.

The context was what players, if upgraded, would improve the Rams to the status of a deep playoff threat? Possibly even a SB threat.

Question for the Webster and NRC fans. You don’t think that we could upgrade their positions? Not only could, but should?

Boy, I sure do.

As to Higbee? Yeah it’s only halfway through his second season. So what? He hasn’t achieved stud status as yet under a HC that is known for developing TE’s to stud status. What does that tell any objective observer?

Well, it tells me that either Higbee needs to pick it up substantially, or McVay might feel he can (and must) do better with his TE position options. ‘Cause I guarantee you that McVay will have his TE production at a high level one way or another. You can take THAT to the bank.

And btw, I’m saying this as a Higbee fan from the jump. But it is what it is.

Webster, yes. NRC, no. I'm sure in an imaginary world without a salary cap you could upgrade almost every position, but NRC is absolutely not someone you would want to target to be replaced.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Quinn isn't playing up to his contract and shouldn't be a starter, but Longacre isn't the answer. I'd look for either Ebukam, or a FA, or a draft pick to replace him .

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Webster, yes. NRC, no. I'm sure in an imaginary world without a salary cap you could upgrade almost every position, but NRC is absolutely not someone you would want to target to be replaced.

Not replaced, 540.

Upgraded with a bettter player to enhance our ability to go deep into the playoffs.

Don’t you see the distinction?

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Not replaced, 540.

Upgraded with a bettter player to enhance our ability to go deep into the playoffs.

Don’t you see the distinction?

I just think we are good with NRC so we'll have to agree to disagree.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What would you recommend?
Don't ask me, I'm in the minority around here. Everybody else seems to want to replace half our roster. That is until they have another good game then their great again.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't ask me, I'm in the minority around here. Everybody else seems to want to replace half our roster. That is until they have another good game then their great again.

Upgrade, OldSchool, not merely replace.

And we’re damned sure not talking about half the roster, either.

ONE player on O in Higbee.

Four players on D. One of which is a gimme in Quinn. C’mon, man...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

When you are sitting on a ton of available CAP, it has to be spent one way or another, and there will be a good deal available for 2018.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I love a lot of Ram players, CanRam.

Doesn’t mean that I don’t think that they could, and should, be upgraded if hopes are being entertained to get to the SB.

Lol at the fact you think we can upgrade pretty much ever skill position. If it were that easy don't you think every team would be doing the same? Common man. This is such a dunce thread. No offense or anything I just think these threads are hilarious

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This .... just this ... just alllllllll of this

Although in saying that I really do think Quinn is done

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Upgrade em all.
Just, don't forget to turn off the salary cap and trade deadlines when you start the new season. Oh, and create a new player, make him a TE, jack all of his stats up to 99, and name him Jeff Lebowski.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Upgrade em all.
Just, don't forget to turn off the salary cap and trade deadlines when you start the new season. Oh, and create a new player, make him a TE, jack all of his stats up to 99, and name him Jeff Lebowski.
And don’t forget when he hits 30 drop his age back to 20

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Upgrade em all.

I used to create players with names based off of items I could see in the room. Let me tell you, Ravensburger (puzzle company) was one of the best 7 foot tall running backs the league has ever seen.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Positive /negative imho.

Positives : score was 7-7 entering 4th quarter. Could have been 14-13 or 10-13 depending if both teams score on they're opportunities leading up to the 4th.....and momentum and timing during a game matters .... so no telling if we score a td instead of fumble where we would have finished then. A ton of pressure by our defense....7-7 with all 3 of our top corners in the game. Quinn had flashes today. ..that tfl was explosive. ..

Negatives: some one had to put Kenumn on the ground..... we pressured him all day but couldn't but made him look like Russell Wilson.... Webster is hurt all the time it seems. Is this bad luck? Can we rely on him when it counts? We had our opportunities in this game....offensively speaking against a good defense.

Note: Where is Donalds respect? It seems that no one ever is called for holding Donald. He is widely considered the best interior defensive lineman in the game and has been for 3 years yet he cannot take over a game like Sapp used to because he simply can't get a call. So it's a sack, tfl or nothing. And although Minnesota's oline is much improved. ... there is no one talent wise that can match him. Just mho...

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Barron don’t play the middle Ogletree is in charge of the middle

Barron is a 225lb former safety playing inside linbacker.

I bet we field one of the lightest front sevens in the league and we have the 28th ranked rushing defense.

That is going to be a serious problem if we are fortunate enough to reach the playoffs.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
On Defense:

Robert Quinn. Set aside the needed cap savings. Quinn is now a JAG. We need better, and while we have a few guys that can play the position for Wade, are they really the studs needed for our planned deep playoff run? Kinda doubtful, I think. I would love to improve beyond “pretty good” at Quinn’s position.

Barwin. Maybe, maybe not. But if he hasn’t improved further in this scheme by year end, I would consider his position as an upgrade need, too.

Kayvon Webster. Just an okay player, at best. Very upgradable if we want to achieve our deep playoff run goal.

If TruJo doesn’t extend, we must replace him with another stud CB. I see none such on our current roster.

Nickell Coleman. He’s a so-so nickel CB, IMO. Another player that I would love to upgrade.

Perhaps Westbrooks is my final candidate, or whomever is our current starter on the DL not named Donald or Brockers?

Not a very long list, is it?

I get that the defense needs improvement and better players.

It's hard to kick decent lower price players to the curb. So the Rams need two starting QBs without TruJo. Webster and NRC are still on the team. It would be hard to replace NRC too. The Rams could go safety and put Joyner back at nickel .

Both Quinn and Barron should be replaced. Need difference makers here. Quinn is done and Barwin is a backup at best.

NT needs to be addressed. Westbrookes is not a NT.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barron is a 225lb former safety playing inside linbacker.

I bet we field one of the lightest front sevens in the league and we have the 28th ranked rushing defense.

That is going to be a serious problem if we are fortunate enough to reach the playoffs.
The point I’m making is everyone keep saying Barron like he’s the problem with our rushing defense and he’s not.

When ogletree learns how to keep his gap integrity in the middle of the field and we get some push from our NT then watch our run defense get better.

It’s just tiring when people rehase the same lines without really watching what’s going on.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

We're over reacting after half a season. We're already saying Higbee can't get better after 25 games and Everett after 9 games. Everett's averaging almost 23 yards a catch but somehow we need to upgrade our TE position because they're not good enough for the fans.

My biggest problem with this is as Rams fans we're so programmed to negativity that instead of coming away from that game yesterday and thinking how good this roster will be at the end of the year with a full season under McVay and Wade we start trashing players and kicking them to the curb. Beginning of the season most realistic predictions were for 7 or 8 wins if we got to drinking the kool aid and made our predictions after we came up with 10-12 wins. Now we're 7-3 and control the division through a rough stretch of schedule and everybody suddenly thinks we're Super Bowl contenders if a couple guys get upgraded.

Higbee is a young TE who needs some work, he's already a much better blocker than you or anybody on here thought he would be. Let him grow, very very rarely does a TE come into the league at 22 and go through 2 QB's and 2 OC's in his first 25 games and light the league up. He's made some damned good plays, he obviously runs good routes, he just needs to work on bringing the ball in better.

Everybody on here knows we need to move on from Quinn. Yet it only took one week to think that his replacement wasn't already on the roster. Samson Ebukam was a hero on this board last week and a forgotten memory this week. Cutting Quinn in the off season and shaving $10 million the next 2 years makes too much sense for it not to happen. But apparently we need 3 or 4 threads every week to remind us he's at the end of his journey. At least until we cut him he signs with the Patriots and has a career resurgence like his best bud Chris Long did.

Enjoy the ride man and lets see how these guys grow. As I've said before we're playing on house money. We've already won this season all we have to do is ride it out in style and enjoy a playoff berth before anybody realistically thought we would get one. Our coach isn't going to let this team take a nose dive there's too much talent on the roster.