Most Disappointing FA's and Draftees Since Martz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Chris Long looked like Superman compared to our last couple top 2 selections.
no.

2015 Todd Gurley = OROY (suffered last year from a suck azz Oline, along with film study of opposing DC's
2016 Jared Goff= Started 8 games under a Dead Man Walking HC..again, Oline and no weapons.

Chris Long= 8 years with the Rams. "Earned" $56.5 million rookie contract, 29 million gtd
*No Pro Bowls
*No All Pro distinction
* Solid Player, and that's it.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
no.

2015 Todd Gurley = OROY (suffered last year from a suck azz Oline, along with film study of opposing DC's
2016 Jared Goff= Started 8 games under a Dead Man Walking HC..again, Oline and no weapons.

Chris Long= 8 years with the Rams. "Earned" $56.5 million rookie contract, 29 million gtd
*No Pro Bowls
*No All Pro distinction
* Solid Player, and that's it.
Last couple #2 overall selections, Greg Robinson and Jason Smith is what I was saying.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I'd trade Goff for Bradford right now in a heartbeat. And anyone that wouldn't is obviously delusional.
I mean, yeah based on last season sure, any starting qb would be better. But based off of upside I'd still go with Goff. I'm cautious, but I don't think the past 7 games with a terrible offensive coaching staff is fair representation of Goff. At this point in his career Bradford has never been a top 10 QB, maybe 15 this season. I want a QB to lead the Rams to a winning season and the playoffs, not 8-8.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'd trade Goff for Bradford right now in a heartbeat. And anyone that wouldn't is obviously delusional.
They are pretty much identical in terms of college production, size and arm strength. Goff is much more athletic. Bradford is also an 8 year vet(holy shit time goes fast), so I would assume he's better at the moment. I like Bradford and watch every Vikings game just to see him but I think Goff is now in a much better situation then Bradford ever was. And that matters for the guys who aren't Rodgers, Brady or Manning.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are pretty much identical in terms of college production, size and arm strength. Goff is much more athletic. Bradford is also an 8 year vet(holy crap time goes fast), so I would assume he's better at the moment. I like Bradford and watch every Vikings game just to see him but I think Goff is now in a much better situation then Bradford ever was. And that matters for the guys who aren't Rodgers, Brady or Manning.
Bradford Arm and accuracy is a whole lot better then Goff and it's not even close

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This may very well be the most depressing thread I've stumbled across in a long time....

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
It's YOUR job to synthesize the worst of the worst! I personally rank the fails that are highly drafted, more than FA's....Although, Jake Long with his supposedly strong ability at LT ruined a season or two for me. Bring your list, BIG BOY!:rockon:

Trung candidate, adam carriker, damien lewis, donnie avery, tre mason, jason smith, bradford, chris claiborne, jared cook, that shitty center we signed from Baltimore...etc...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trung candidate, adam carriker, damien lewis, donnie avery, tre mason, jason smith, bradford, chris claiborne, jared cook, that crappy center we signed from Baltimore...etc...
Wut?
UG7zX8O.png

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Ummm..just no.

Goff deserved a real coach, with a real Oline (honest to god Pro Bowl LT a decent Center and the rest re-positioned so the most talented guys start). Gurley will be better and Goff will be able to have more than 2 seconds in the pocket before getting hit, and you'd be delusional to write a guy off so soon for old Sam Bradford. Goff still might Bust, but to say anyone wanting to wait more than 8 starts before making that call,delusional....Is just plain crazy.

Bradford deserved a real Oline, and receivers that could catch, and a good offensive system too, but he never got them. The only thing he ever got, was this year in MN with receivers that could catch, and he sets an all time NFL accuracy record.

Goff has shown nothing so far, and I'm not ever expecting him to.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Ummm..just no.

Goff deserved a real coach, with a real Oline (honest to god Pro Bowl LT a decent Center and the rest re-positioned so the most talented guys start). Gurley will be better and Goff will be able to have more than 2 seconds in the pocket before getting hit, and you'd be delusional to write a guy off so soon for old Sam Bradford. Goff still might Bust, but to say anyone wanting to wait more than 8 starts before making that call,delusional....Is just plain crazy.

Bradford deserved a real Oline, and receivers that could catch, and a good offensive system too, but he never got them. The only thing he ever got, was this year in MN with receivers that could catch, and he sets an all time NFL accuracy record.

Goff has shown nothing so far, and I'm not ever expecting him to.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
peope seem to miss the onne thing Chris long did better than anyone he made our D line better

i might be wrong (but i dont think so ) but Quinns best years in terms of stats came when Chris long was playing opposite him i remember many a game where Chris flushed the QB and Quinn finished up with the sack ,,,with Hayes at the other end ,,,not so much

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
peope seem to miss the onne thing Chris long did better than anyone he made our D line better

i might be wrong (but i dont think so ) but Quinns best years in terms of stats came when Chris long was playing opposite him i remember many a game where Chris flushed the QB and Quinn finished up with the sack ,,,with Hayes at the other end ,,,not so much
Well, to be totally thorough about why Quinn did so well when Long was opposite, and then not so much when Hayes was there..has mostly due to physical issues.Quinn has had back problems since Long left, and missed games because of it. Loved Long's leadership ability and veteran presence, but his work on the field didn't justify #2 overall pick that we used on him, imo.