Most Disappointing FA's and Draftees Since Martz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jimmy Kennedy....all the
"experts" had him highly rated and the pick made sense for need. Should have helped solidify the middle of the D.....and just.....nooooooothing.
Yep, but he was a Martz pick.....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hmmmm....this is the offseason...no reason to start getting all...I just won't go there.

Chris Long was solid...I'd put a bunch of these 2nd round picks ahead of him....Guys that play hard....don't belong on a disappointing list. IMO.

Sam Bradford can play...just injuries...and I think the culture here...I expect a pro bowl year for Sam in 2017....and a playoff birth.
Long was solid, but he was also the #2 overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. He was supposed to be our monster 4-3 DE, and he turned out to be just solid for 40-50 million dollar contract. Not his fault, of course...No Pro Bowls and No All pro honors as far as I know, hence the disappointment. I expected much more myself.

Bradford got the OROY by dinking and dunking. He was supposed to be a franchise QB, and our guy for a career if he was...He did not make those around him better, and had to either have everything perfect for him to succeed...or it had to junk time where defenses were just playing prevent defense because they were far ahead. It was a bad year for rookie QB talent if memory serves. Sam was disappointing to me because he was supposed to be our guy for his whole career, and was just a highly paid lower level starting QB...Injury pron, to boot!:cry:

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Marty Gilyard, Isaiah Pead, Brian Quick, Brandon McGee, Tre Mason, Greg Salas, and Michael Hoomanawanui should make it before Chris Long.
Yeah, but were they drafted #2 overall in the NFL Draft? he was, and therefore is held to a higher standard, in my opinion.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Not me..GRob wants to be good and can't (not smart enough I guess), while Mr Baylor Jason Smith could give a shyte about football, except for that massive rookie salary.

how do you know? Im just talking all around performance. Im not their best bud and don't act like I know if they care(d) for the game or not. It's all about overall performance and both of suck(ed).

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
how do you know? Im just talking all around performance. Im not their best bud and don't act like I know if they care(d) for the game or not. It's all about overall performance and both of suck(ed).
I remember the lack of emotion and effort from Jason Smith, and i remember a whole lot of penalties from GRob...Smith was an absolute disgrace, imo.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I remember the lack of emotion and effort from Jason Smith, and i remember a whole lot of penalties from GRob...Smith was an absolute disgrace, imo.

Oh there's plenty of footage of Grob wiffing hard, real hard. He's pretty terrible too. I think he ranked among one of the leagues worst this year PFF. I know PFF is kind of lame but to be rated the worst LT for the last 3 years really says something.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Among talking heads and NFL people, Greg Robinson was an absolute STUD, especially in the run game...I don't get where you valued him so little at the time?

DeaconJones

Rookie
So many good many memories in this thread ... Jason Smith didn't work out but I will at least point out that concussions really seemed to derail him. Chris Long was solid. Sam Bradford had potential (I am a big fan) but ultimately the injuries did him in here.

How about Richie Incognito? He didn't work out here, giving the finger to fans, etc. But perhaps the expectations weren't high to begin with?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Jason Brown and Drew Bennett. For the contracts they signed, they were awful. Draft wise, Tye Hill, Brian Leonard and Jason Smith are at the top.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh there's plenty of footage of Grob wiffing hard, real hard. He's pretty terrible too. I think he ranked among one of the leagues worst this year PFF. I know PFF is kind of lame but to be rated the worst LT for the last 3 years really says something.
until....you examine the disaster of Jason Smith...He was an absolute turnstyle, and quit the NFL not long after the gravy train was over. I'd take Eric Kush over him 10 times over and twice on Sundays...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well, maybe we have different ideas about failing. Chris Long gave us everything he had, which I respect. If I remember, he was #2 overall in the draft that year. Getting drafted that high, with only a potential Franchise QB drafted in front of you, I expect at the very least several pro bowls and all pro honors. He was misdrafted because of pedigree, and high motor potential. he played 8 years for us and they were mostly worthy years..But I don't think he ever went to a Pro-Bowl, did he? I was expecting a monster when we got him, and at best he was really worth a low 1st round or 2nd round status in 2008, imo.
I THINK THE ONLY REASON HE DIDN'T GO TO THE PRO-BOWL A COUPLE OF TIMES WAS BECAUSE OF THE TEAMS HE PLAYED ON SUCKED!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I THINK THE ONLY REASON HE DIDN'T GO TO THE PRO-BOWL A COUPLE OF TIMES WAS BECAUSE OF THE TEAMS HE PLAYED ON SUCKED!
How good have the teams been when Aaron Donald went to the Pro Bowls/All Pro awards...Robert Quinn?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I actually liked Brian Leonard. I loved his "Leonard Leap"

View: https://youtu.be/hyskDnn83ks

He turned out to be a good back for the Bengals. I don't believe in draft status. You can't choose who and when you're drafted.

That leap was in preseason against bag boys. Leonard was a serviceable 3rd down back for the bengals for a couple of years. Likeable guy and easy to root for, but the production wasn't there. Also had shoulder injuries early and often.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I always thought that it was a shame that Gilyard didn't make it. I loved how hard he worked to make it to the NFL, how kind he was to his fans at Cincinnati, and...well, yeah.

I also thought that Klopfenstein was going to be a stud at the next level. Shows what I know.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
How does OG Joseph, FA from Tampa, not make anyones list of bad FA signings? He's near the top of my list, ahead of Jason Brown, Greg Bell and Scott Wells.