Most Disappointing FA's and Draftees Since Martz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Bradford deserved a real Oline, and receivers that could catch, and a good offensive system too, but he never got them. The only thing he ever got, was this year in MN with receivers that could catch, and he sets an all time NFL accuracy record.

Goff has shown nothing so far, and I'm not ever expecting him to.
Bradford did have his best year in MN overall, but it wasn't a major leap considering he finally got the help he needed. The biggest jump is TD to INT ratio and accuracy but that's about it, compared to 2015 (Eagles) Bradford attempted 20 more passes, completed 49 more, had 152 more yards, 1 TD, 9 less INT's and 6.6% more accurate. Not exactly a giant leap. Compared to 2012 (best year as a Ram) 1 more pass attempt, 67 more completions, 175 more yards, 1 less TD, 8 less INTs and 12.1% more accurate, again only really improved in accuracy and ints. Despite having his best season, he's still only average in the league in yards (16th) and TD's (18).

Bradford broke the record for having the highest accuracy rating at 71.6%, Drew Brees had an accuracy rating of 70.0% while throwing 121 more passes, 1,331 more yards, and 17 more TD's, but yes 10 more INT's.

Goff played poorly yes, he did contribute to being apart of the worst offense in the league for 7 games, but that team has since gutted its coaching staff, removed it's starting TE, 2 WR's, LT, and C. I think it's a little early to write him off. If he plays the same way by the end of the season I'll most likely be right there with you.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
. The only thing he ever got, was this year in MN with receivers that could catch, and he sets an all time NFL accuracy record.
Yup. He got the "accuracy" record due to his penchant for 2 yard passes. His abysmal td% and losing record follows him wherever he goes.
I didn't think it was possible for a qb to have less than 10 ypc for a season but Sam has done it now.
Twice
I'm holding out hope for Goff,he'll have a shot.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Tye Hill, Jacoby Shephard, Adam Archuleta, Mardy Gilyard, Joe Klopenstein, Brian Leonard, Eric Crouch...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tye Hill, Jacoby Shephard, Adam Archuleta, Mardy Gilyard, Joe Klopenstein, Brian Leonard, Eric Crouch...
Solid list, my man......but the philistine, Adam Archuleta is from the Martz regime.....Man, I had forgotten him and now the horror returns....Arrrrrrggggh!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK..lets now develop the worst starting 53 in the last 17 years.....I'll just do starters for now... The goal for the sucky season is 1-15
Offense
LT Justin Smith,
LG Todd Steussie. Jacob Bell
Center Scott Wells, Nick Leckey
RG Davin Joseph
RT Barry Richardson, Alex Barron
QB Kellen Clemmens
RB Brian Leonard
WR Chris Givens, Donny Avery
WR Brandon Gibson
WR Brandon Lloyd
TE Joe Klopfenstein, Randy McMicheal, Billy Bajema
Defense
LDE Anthony Hargrove
RDE Victor Adeyanju
RDT Gary Gibson
NT Jimmy Kennedy, Adam Carriker, Clifton Ryan
MLB Will Witherspoon, James Laurenitis
LB Dexter Coakley, Na'il Diggs, Brandon Chillar
LB Larry Grant,Quinton Culbertson
LCB Travis Fisher
RCB Fakir Brown
LCB Ron Bartell
SS Craig Dahl, Cory Chavous, Adam Archuleta
FS Mike Furrey, OJ Otogwe

Last edited:

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
OK..lets now develop the worst starting 53 in the last 17 years.....I'll just do starters for now... The goal for the sucky season is 1-15
Offense
LT Justin Smith,
RG Davin Joseph
QB Kellen Clemmens
RB Brian Leonard
WR Brandon Gibson
WR Brandon Lloyd
Defense
LDE Anthony Hargrove
RDE Victor Adeyanju
RDT Gary Gibson
LCB Travis Fisher
RCB Fakir Brown
LCB Ron Bartell

Only one i disagree with is Atogwe, he was a ball hawk. Id replace him with Jason Sehorn...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Will Witherspoon was a very good LB. rams got him at the tail end of career but he played better than any other LB the Rams had while he was here.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Jason Smith was the worst pick. The guy was a TE and should never have been drafted to play LT. He seemed embarrassed that he even played in the NFL.

Another enigma was Alex Barron. He was inconsistent, up and down and played like the former turn-stile John St. Clair.

Other notable names wereTrung Canidate, Damione Lewis, Robert Thomas and Jimmy Kennedy. Those first round picks produced nothing for the Rams and really put them in the NFC West basement talent-wise for years.
OMG!!! .... and what was the name of that OL that Martz drafted out of Arizona when he went to scout Trung Canidate?? Remember? The guy who hardly ever even played while at UA ... I think he never even had a start in his college career, yet I think we used a 4th Rd on him based solely on Mike Martz "liked his pro day workout" ? man ... I tell ya ... Mike Martz was a brilliant Offensive mind in his day ... but damn he was AWFUL at evaluating talent. that along with the "internal strife" with he and Zymunt/Shaw is was the beginning of the end for the Rams. Damn shame too.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Will Witherspoon was a very good LB. rams got him at the tail end of career but he played better than any other LB the Rams had while he was here.
I had to plug someone in, because the spot was not as weak over the years as others. Some thought James L. was really good in the early years too, and became worse with age.....You gotta a starter since Martz at MLB that was worse?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone mention Dexter Coakley?
So why ya gotta depress me with that name?

Look above, he's given prominent place on my all-star 1-15 team...

TexasRam

Legend
Offense
LT Justin Smith,
RG Davin Joseph
QB Kellen Clemmens
RB Brian Leonard
WR Brandon Gibson
WR Brandon Lloyd
Defense
LDE Anthony Hargrove
RDE Victor Adeyanju
RDT Gary Gibson
LCB Travis Fisher
RCB Fakir Brown
LCB Ron Bartell

Barron was a good to very good pass protector. Just was a penalty machine.

Laurinaitus - he had some really solid years for us. A few of them he was pro bowl alternate level. Let's show some respect.

Bartell- took him 3 years to figure it out. But once he did he was a very strong CB. From what I remember he had two solid years for us. I remember this because I used to harp on him and the. I agreed to eat crow that he finally had figured it out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barron was a good to very good pass protector. Just was a penalty machine.

Laurinaitus - he had some really solid years for us. A few of them he was pro bowl alternate level. Let's show some respect.

Bartell- took him 3 years to figure it out. But once he did he was a very strong CB. From what I remember he had two solid years for us. I remember this because I used to harp on him and the. I agreed to eat crow that he finally had figured it out.
I'm a fan with an opinion, and James L is a multimillionaire, so my opinion doesn't matter much as far as the measure of respect that I give him. Anyway, I liked him in any case....But to come up with a starting line-up for my 1-15 all star team, composed of former starters during that span, I had to plug holes with decent players. Can you think of worse players that started during that time-span? Besides, the team I composed would be so bad, even decent players wouldn't be able to overcome the suckiness that would ensue...:sneaky: