Most Disappointing FA's and Draftees Since Martz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, i know that we could include Martzian fails too, but hey, we don't want a book here...:headexplosion:

My List:
1. Jason Smith
2. Jake Long
3. Sam Bradford
4. Drew Bennett
5. Greg Robinson
6. Tye Hill
7. Scott Wells
8. Chris Long

*don't hate me about Chris Long...I loved the guy, but I expect a lot from a 1st round, Top 2 selection

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hmmmm....this is the offseason...no reason to start getting all...I just won't go there.

Chris Long was solid...I'd put a bunch of these 2nd round picks ahead of him....Guys that play hard....don't belong on a disappointing list. IMO.

Sam Bradford can play...just injuries...and I think the culture here...I expect a pro bowl year for Sam in 2017....and a playoff birth.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Why did you stop at 8 ?

image.jpeg

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Definitely disagree about Chris long before he got hurt I think he was in the top 5 of sacks having over 50 in that span. He don't belong on that list at all and he has a couple pro bowls too

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
Adam Carrier - high pick that was finally going to solidify the DT spot. He had worse injury problems than Saffold.

Chris Givens - looked great his rookie year, then completely disappeared.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Sam Bradford surely is #1, right?

Drew Bennett. Jason Seahorn. Chris Claiborne. Dexter Coakley. Alex Barron.

And the legend, Jared Cook.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Marty Gilyard, Isaiah Pead, Brian Quick, Brandon McGee, Tre Mason, Greg Salas, and Michael Hoomanawanui should make it before Chris Long.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah, i know that we could include Martzian fails too, but hey, we don't want a book here...:headexplosion:

My List:
1. Jason Smith
2. Jake Long
3. Sam Bradford
4. Drew Bennett
5. Greg Robinson
6. Tye Hill
7. Scott Wells
8. Chris Long

*don't hate me about Chris Long...I loved the guy, but I expect a lot from a 1st round, Top 2 selection
I agree with your List EXCEPT Chris Long!! I have to believe you knew you would get a lot of HATE over that addition!!(y):LOL:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Sam Bradford surely is #1, right?

Drew Bennett. Jason Seahorn. Chris Claiborne. Dexter Coakley. Alex Barron.

And the legend, Jared Cook.

^^ this is a much better list IMO, Just add Jason Smith and Grob to the list and it's complete lol.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
^^ this is a much better list IMO, Just add Jason Smith and Grob to the list and it's complete lol.

It's crazy to think that Jason Smith retired from football at the ripe old age of 26, and made millions in the process. What a life.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It's crazy to think that Jason Smith retired from football at the ripe old age of 26, and made millions in the process. What a life.

That's right he was still on the old rookie salary...Who would have known tho right? I mean he had all of the tools to be successful just couldn't put it together. Reminds me so much of Grob.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Jason Smith was the worst pick. The guy was a TE and should never have been drafted to play LT. He seemed embarrassed that he even played in the NFL.

Another enigma was Alex Barron. He was inconsistent, up and down and played like the former turn-stile John St. Clair.

Other notable names wereTrung Canidate, Damione Lewis, Robert Thomas and Jimmy Kennedy. Those first round picks produced nothing for the Rams and really put them in the NFC West basement talent-wise for years.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jason Smith was the worst pick. The guy was a TE and should never have been drafted to play LT. He seemed embarrassed that he even played in the NFL.

Another enigma was Alex Barron. He was inconsistent, up and down and played like the former turn-stile John St. Clair.

Other notable names were Trung Canidate, Damione Lewis, Robert Thomas and Jimmy Kennedy. Those first round picks produced nothing for the Rams and really put them in the NFC West basement talent-wise for years.
I agree about Jason Smith, without a doubt. Supposedly he had the highest potential of any OT in that draft, my expectation was so high, only to be bitterly disappointed...Along with his high draft position, that's why he was the worst since Martz. The other guys above, were Martz fails, which I excluded the List of Fail....lol

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's right he was still on the old rookie salary...Who would have known tho right? I mean he had all of the tools to be successful just couldn't put it together. Reminds me so much of Grob.
Not me..GRob wants to be good and can't (not smart enough I guess), while Mr Baylor Jason Smith could give a shyte about football, except for that massive rookie salary.

fearsomefour

Legend
Adam Carrier - high pick that was finally going to solidify the DT spot. He had worse injury problems than Saffold.

Chris Givens - looked great his rookie year, then completely disappeared.
ugghhhh.....Carriker....just got an ice cream headache.

fearsomefour

Legend
Jimmy Kennedy....all the
"experts" had him highly rated and the pick made sense for need. Should have helped solidify the middle of the D.....and just.....nooooooothing.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with your List EXCEPT Chris Long!! I have to believe you knew you would get a lot of HATE over that addition!!(y):LOL:
Well, maybe we have different ideas about failing. Chris Long gave us everything he had, which I respect. If I remember, he was #2 overall in the draft that year. Getting drafted that high, with only a potential Franchise QB drafted in front of you, I expect at the very least several pro bowls and all pro honors. He was misdrafted because of pedigree, and high motor potential. he played 8 years for us and they were mostly worthy years..But I don't think he ever went to a Pro-Bowl, did he? I was expecting a monster when we got him, and at best he was really worth a low 1st round or 2nd round status in 2008, imo.