More Cheating? Nah, can't be.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
11/12 balls tampered with?

Yea. "Coincidence."

BitchTits himself, Rodger GoodHELLish was probably on hand too, to give his seal of approval during the game I bet.

That organization should be NUKED! Dismantled from the inside out. Their cheating is rampant and disgusting. And their ever inventive ways to cheat shows what they're all about.

That organization is a joke.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Report: NFL Finds Patriots Used Under-Inflated Balls
http://nep.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-NFL-Finds-Patriots-Used-Under-Inflated-Balls--34920367

6_3380610.jpg

(Photo: Greg Cooper, USA TODAY Sports)
It appears the Colts were onto something when they informed the league they believed some of the balls used during Sunday's AFC Championship game were not fully inflated.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported late Tuesday night that 11 of the football the Patriots used were two pounds underweight in their 45-7 rout of the Colts at Gillette Stadium. That win sent New England to its sixth Super Bowl since 2001. Pro Football Talk dug into the rulebook and said all NFL footballs must have 12.5-13.5 pounds of air (PSI).

The officials inspect 12 footballs from each squad a few hours before the game, PFT says, and they likely would have noticed if they were two pounds below the standard weight. Logic would then lead you to believe New England doctored the footballs after the referees inspected them.

Indianapolis likely never would have realized it was even an issue had linebacker D’Qwell Jackson not picked off quarterback Tom Brady early in the second quarter. Bob Glauber of Newsday says that's what led to the league's investigation.

Coach Bill Belichick did not flatly deny the allegations but said Monday he had not heard anything about it until that morning. The players also acted as if it was the craziest thing they had ever heard. Quarterback Tom Brady said the allegations were "ridiculous."

It's not clear how the NFL might punish the Patriots for this violation, but it could lead to a loss of draft picks or possibly something even more severe.

rams2050

Starter
I just know Belicheat is gonna skate on this, just like he's skated on almost everything else.

One can only imagine the myriad little ways in which this team has been cheating since the infamous 'tuck' rule was first imagined to be a real thing.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
In my opinion the Patriots should not be allowed to play in the Superbowl. Since the Patriots have a history of cheating the Colts should host the Ravens this weekend. The league can swap the pro bowl and Superbowl games so the teams have 2 weeks to prepare

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Brady said in 2011 he likes deflated footballs
Posted by Mike Florio on January 20, 2015, 5:07 PM EST
gronk1.jpg
AP
The NFL has not yet concluded that the Patriots deliberately deflated footballs on Sunday against the Colts. But if they did, it meshes with the preferences of their quarterback.

Via CBS Connecticut, Tom Brady told WEEI in Boston more than three years ago that he likes deflated footballs.

“[W]hen Gronk scores – it was like his eighth touchdown of the year – he spikes the ball and he deflates the ball,” Brady said in November 2011. “I love that, because I like the deflated ball. But I feel bad for that football, because he puts everything he can into those spikes.”

On that same radio station, Brady scoffed on Monday about the investigation regarding deflated footballs, calling the suggestion that the Patriots deliberately let air out of the balls “ridiculous.”

Coincidentally, tight end Rob Gronkowski posted on Twitter after the controversy emerged a photo of him spiking the ball with the caption, “Warning: Gronking may cause deflation.”

The message from Gronk: “Oops.”

rams2050

Starter
Unbelievable that Brady is on record expressing his preference for deflated footballs. Simply unbe-freaking-lievable.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I just know Belicheat is gonna skate on this, just like he's skated on almost everything else.

One can only imagine the myriad little ways in which this team has been cheating since the infamous 'tuck' rule was first imagined to be a real thing.
Now here's where I take it to another level. I can't prove it, but I'd say Goodhell and the Patriots are in cohootz... or, that Goodhell knows it's going on but looks the other way. No way this stuff is happening in a vacuum, not with the access & resources NFL Security has.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Aaron Rodgers likes his footballs overinflated
Posted by Mike Florio on January 20, 2015, 5:47 PM EST
rodgers2.jpg
AP
Now that an investigation has commenced regarding whether the Patriots indulged Tom Brady’s preference for deflated footballs, the question becomes whether other teams do the same thing.

Via Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com, at least one possibly does. Reiss notes that, during the November 30 game between the Packers and Patriots on CBS, Jim Nantz and Phil Simms discussed the preference by quarterback Aaron Rodgers for overinflated balls.

“‘I like to push the limit to how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do and see if the officials take air out of it,'” Simms said Rodgers told them before the game.

Simms pointed out that Rodgers is the exception.

“Everybody wants it smaller and soft, so they can dig their fingers into,” Simms said. “[Rodgers is] such a feel thrower. You can tell. The one touchdown he threw down the field to the tight end is such feel; then he flicks it. That shows you he just has great control of it, with his fingers and hand.”

On his weekly radio show with ESPN Milwaukee, Rodgers confirmed that he prefers the balls to be overinflated, and that he doesn’t think there should be a maximum air pressure.

It’s not an advantage when you have a football that’s inflated more than average air pressure. We’re not kicking these footballs,” Rodgers said, via Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com.

Look for more anecdotes to emerge regarding the things teams do to make the footballs the way their quarterbacks like them. While on one hand it takes some of the sting out of the possibility that the Patriots broke the rules, on the other hand it’s yet another case where, at a time when everyone may be getting away with it, the Patriots are the ones who got caught.

Permalink 65 Comments

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Aaron Rodgers is the biggest looser in the history of the NFL. Russell Wilson had the worst game that anyone has ever had, and Rodgers could't close the deal.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Oh, they absolutely would have, otherwise, they wouldn't have had such a huge advantage. My guess is that it was originally concocted to hurt Luck, but when the weather turned to rain, it also hugely benefited Brady's ability to grip and therefore throw the ball.

One has to understand the mind of Belicheat, who would have never done anything like this unless it was well planned with an almost definitive advantage that's also almost impossible to uncover & prove. So, it's not just the result of the act, it's the process and the thinking that goes into it.

Just give Belicheat the Hare Test, and let's find out whether he's a sociopath or not. I think I already know the answer.
http://vistriai.com/psychopathtest/

The twenty traits assessed by the PCL-R score are:
  • glib and superficial charm
  • grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
  • need for stimulation
  • pathological lying
  • cunning and manipulativeness
  • lack of remorse or guilt
  • shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
  • callousness and lack of empathy
  • parasitic lifestyle
  • poor behavioral controls
  • sexual promiscuity
  • early behavior problems
  • lack of realistic long-term goals
  • impulsivity
  • irresponsibility
  • failure to accept responsibility for own actions
  • many short-term marital relationships
  • juvenile delinquency
  • revocation of conditional release
  • criminal versatility

Read more: http://www.minddisorders.com/Flu-Inv/Hare-Psychopathy-Checklist.html#ixzz3PQhjRFcb

Wow, that is just mind blowing. Just from following Belicheat from afar you can obviously check nearly every single one of those symptoms.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Brady said in 2011 he likes deflated footballs
Posted by Mike Florio on January 20, 2015, 5:07 PM EST
gronk1.jpg
AP
The NFL has not yet concluded that the Patriots deliberately deflated footballs on Sunday against the Colts. But if they did, it meshes with the preferences of their quarterback.

Via CBS Connecticut, Tom Brady told WEEI in Boston more than three years ago that he likes deflated footballs.

“[W]hen Gronk scores – it was like his eighth touchdown of the year – he spikes the ball and he deflates the ball,” Brady said in November 2011. “I love that, because I like the deflated ball. But I feel bad for that football, because he puts everything he can into those spikes.”

On that same radio station, Brady scoffed on Monday about the investigation regarding deflated footballs, calling the suggestion that the Patriots deliberately let air out of the balls “ridiculous.”

Coincidentally, tight end Rob Gronkowski posted on Twitter after the controversy emerged a photo of him spiking the ball with the caption, “Warning: Gronking may cause deflation.”

The message from Gronk: “Oops.”

So are they trying to get us to believe that Grunt scored 11 Touchdowns?

Man they almost fooled me until I remembered that they didn't score 77 points.

RAMBUSH

Starter
God I hate them cheating dog patriots. I believe I read somewhere where the ravens made a comment about the cheating dog patriots used under inflated balls. Can't seem to find it now.. I can't even watch this not so Super Bowl . Makes me sick she hawks n cheating dogs. Yuck