More Cheating? Nah, can't be.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
You're a torch guy? I took you for a pitchfork kinda fellow!
Whatever is available ;)

When it comes to the Cheatriots, I'm there. I think everyone here pretty much knows I can't stand deception and lack of transparency which results in the screwing of the little guy. Pretty much spent my career fighting and exposing it, with interesting results. Cheatriots are just another symptom of what's wrong in today's society and what happens when the sociopaths take over. Belicheat would score very high on the Hare Scale.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I wouldn't say it is "okay" but I would definitely agree that it is within your right to form that opinion. But one would hope that people would strive to gain a respectable opinion by backing it with facts of some kind.

I saw a post on here that said the ball could have been waterlogged and therefore removed from the game. A waterlogged football could definitely deflate a football as well. As could temperature.

Also reports I've read have only ever mentioned the one football taken out of the game. I haven't heard reports of more than one football being deflated. If so, that definitely lends credit to them cheating.
I will say that pretty much everything I've written about this issue has specified "IF the Patriots are guilty..."

No one's calling for mob justice... well, AFAIK.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
'Deflategate' investigation reportedly triggered by Colts interception

The NFL's investigation into the so-called 'deflategate' controversy surrounding the New England Patriots' alleged use of under-inflated game balls Sunday may have been kickstarted by the Indianapolis Colts.

According to a report by Newsday's Bob Glauber, the Colts became aware of the issue after linebacker D'Qwell Jackson intercepted a pass from New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the second quarter. Jackson thought the ball felt under-inflated and a member of the team equipment staff agreed, bringing it to the attention of Colts Coach Chuck Pagano.

From there, Colts General Manager Ryan Grigson was informed and he told Mike Kensil, NFL director of football operations. Kensil then made officials aware of the potential issue at halftime, Glauber reported.

It's unknown if officials did anything at halftime, but Bob Kravitz of WTHR-TV in Indianapolis reported Monday that officials during the game took a ball out of play at one point and weighed it. It's unknown if the ball was underweight.

Pagano, however, said he "did not notice" any issues with the game balls, adding "it's something for the league to handle."

Multiple NFL officials said Monday the league is conducting an investigation into whether the Patriots used under-inflated balls during their 45-7 romp over the Colts. Patriots Coach Bill Belichick told reporters the team "will cooperate fully" with the NFL's ongoing investigation.

Troy Vincent, NFL executive vice president of football operations, said the league's investigative team hopes to wrap up the probe in the "next two or three days."

"For a fan, you want to know that everything's equal," Vincent said on NBC Sports Radio on Tuesday. "The integrity of the game is so important."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...triots-colts-interception-20150120-story.html

RamBill

Legend
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

NFL has no comment at this time and Patriots say they will continue to cooperate with the investigation. More on SpotrsCenter.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

NFL has no comment at this time and Patriots say they will continue to cooperate with the investigation. More on SpotrsCenter.

Shocking I tell ya

RamBill

Legend
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

As NFL investigates Deflate-gate would be wise to speak to Ravens. Some there believe kicking balls used in their playoff game underinflated

There appeared to be less air in some kicking balls which may have had an impact on the depth of punts and kickoffs in AFC Divisional game

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I will say that pretty much everything I've written about this issue has specified "IF the Patriots are guilty..."

No one's calling for mob justice... well, AFAIK.
I have zero qualms about about your posts. My post was just my perception from reading this thread. Maybe it was skewed by all the memes.

rams2050

Starter
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ink-footballs-were-under-inflated-vs-patriots

Some Ravens think footballs were under-inflated vs. Patriots
January 20, 2015 11:24 pm ET

Some of the Baltimore Ravens believe kicking balls used in their playoff game at New England were slightly under-inflated, according to league sources.

With the Patriots under investigation for possibly under-inflating balls in their playoff win against the Colts, sources said some on Baltimore's sideline believed there may have been irregularities with the kicking balls used in their AFC divisional playoff game at Foxborough, Mass., on Jan. 10.

Baltimore's kicking and punting units were not getting their normal depth and distance, and some believed the balls they were using may have been deflated.

An NFL spokesman said he had no knowledge of the Ravens filing a complaint.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I am not sure, but maybe the Patriots practiced with the less inflated football for the last week. It could very slightly give them an edge in the beginning of the game I guess. For a QB not used to it maybe it throws his rhythm off or timing or speed, or accuracy.

Either way if it is an attempt to cheat again then they need to be taken to the wood shed.

That's my real point here.
Not that it won them this game, rather here we are yet again, with this dirt bag of an organization.
If the NFL really wants their reputation cleaned up and not even a perception of dishonesty, they'll kick the shit out of the CHEATriots if they really did this.

rams2050

Starter
Report: 11 of 12 Patriots AFC Championship Game Footballs Inspected Were Underinflated
Steve Silva
  • Boston.com Staff
belichick1200.jpg

UPDATE: This doesn't look good on the surface.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting tonight that 11 of the 12 game balls allotted to the Patriots for the AFC Championship game were found by the NFL to be underinflated by two pounds of air (PSI) as required by the league according to sources.

According to the report, the NFL is "disappointed ... angry ... distraught," after spending considerable time on the findings earlier Tuesday.

The Boston Globe has confirmed that game officials discovered at halftime that game balls were underinflated. The officials tested each ball twice with different gauges.

An NFL football must be inflated with between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds of air (PSI) and weigh between 14 and 15 ounces per the league's rule book. In addition, home and road teams must each provide 12 game balls to be inspected by the league before kickoff.

"Each team will make 12 primary balls available for testing by the Referee two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game to meet League requirements," according to the NFL rule book. "The home team will also make 12 backup balls available for testing in all stadiums. In addition, the visitors, at their discretion, may bring 12 backup balls to be tested by the Referee for games held in outdoor stadiums. For all games, eight new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer to the Referee, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be specially marked by the Referee and used exclusively for the kicking game."

NFL senior VP Greg Aiello would not comment on the Mortensen report.

NFL executive VP of football operations Troy Vincent, speaking on Pro Football Talk Live on NBC Sports radio Tuesday, said the investigation should be coming to a close soon.

"We’re hoping to wrap that up in the next two or three days," Vincent said. "The team is in place in New England now interviewing staff members."

Vincent did not say when decisions on the findings would be made and/or any potential punishment imposed.

"We obviously want to get that on the table, get that behind us so that we can really get back to the game itself...," Vincent said. "For a fan, you want to know that everything’s equal. The integrity of the game is so important."

On Monday night, WCVB-TV (Ch. 5) sports anchor Mike Lynch reported that Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, who intercepted Tom Brady in the second quarter of Sunday's game, told coach Chuck Pagano that the ball felt deflated.

Newsday's Bob Glauber, citing "a person familiar with the background of the matter," also reported that Jackson "gave the ball to a member of the Colts' equipment staff, who noticed the ball seemed underinflated and the notified" Pagano. Glauber reports that Colts general manager Ryan Grigson was then notified in the press box and contacted NFL director of football operations Mike Kensil, who then communicated the information to the officials on the field at halftime.

ORIGINAL STORY: FOXBOROUGH -- Here we go, again.

Another allegation of the Patriots bending the rules has surfaced in the wake of New England's convincing 45-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship game.

Last week, it was the Ravens griping about the Patriots substitutions on offense. This week comes a report focusing on the amount of air in the footballs at Gillette Stadium.

NFL spokesman Michael Signora confirmed Monday that the league is looking into the apparent use of overly deflated footballs by the Patriots during Sunday night's rainy showdown against Indy. At least one football was taken out of play during the third quarter of Sunday night's game -- resulting in a brief delay -- while the Patriots were on offense.

Dean Blandino, the NFL's VP of officiating, was asked how the ball issue could have come to the attention of the game officials.

"It could come from the opponent, it could come from them noticing something, something clearly abnormal about the football," Blandino said on NFL Network Monday. "So there are a lot of different ways that it could come to their attention. But once it does come to their attention and they recognize it, then that ball is removed. It will be further investigated."

Longtime Indianapolis scribe Bob Kravitz first raised the controversy Sunday night, tweeting that a source informed him the NFL is investigating the possibility that the Patriots deflated footballs in Sunday's night's game against the Colts.

A deflated football would be easier to grip, throw, and catch in rainy weather conditions compared to a fully inflated ball.

Patriots defensive lineman and first-responder Vince Wilfork said, “I never heard nothing about [potentially deflated footballs]. I don’t know anything. I don’t touch footballs, I tackle people.”

On Monday, NBC Sports reported that "several balls were removed from play for being underinflated."

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady laughed off the controversy Monday calling the reports "ridiculous."

"I think I've heard it all at this point," Brady said, laughing out loud during his weekly appearance on WEEI's Dennis and Callahan show. "That's the last of my worries. I don't even respond to stuff like this."

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said he'll cooperate with the league investigation fully," Belichick said. "...I didn’t know anything about it until this morning."

"We’ll cooperate fully with whatever the league wants us to; whatever questions they have for us, whatever they want us to do.

The reports will no doubt have Patriots haters revisiting other allegations that have surfaced against head coach Bill Belichick in the past, including when the team was penalized for videotaping the New York Jets defensive signals during the 2007 season which resulted in the loss of a first-round draft pick in 2008 and a $500,000 fine paid by Belichick personally.

If the league investigation confirms that the Patriots used deflated footballs, it would result in lost draft picks for the Patriots according to Kravitz.

In 2012, the USC Trojans, under coach Lane Kiffin, were reprimanded for deflating balls at a USC-Oregon game. The team was fined and a student manager was fired after the Pac-12 finding.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...riots_may_have_deflated_footballs_for_af.html

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
maybe the Patriots practiced with the less inflated football for the last week
Oh, they absolutely would have, otherwise, they wouldn't have had such a huge advantage. My guess is that it was originally concocted to hurt Luck, but when the weather turned to rain, it also hugely benefited Brady's ability to grip and therefore throw the ball.

One has to understand the mind of Belicheat, who would have never done anything like this unless it was well planned with an almost definitive advantage that's also almost impossible to uncover & prove. So, it's not just the result of the act, it's the process and the thinking that goes into it.

Just give Belicheat the Hare Test, and let's find out whether he's a sociopath or not. I think I already know the answer.
http://vistriai.com/psychopathtest/

The twenty traits assessed by the PCL-R score are:
  • glib and superficial charm
  • grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
  • need for stimulation
  • pathological lying
  • cunning and manipulativeness
  • lack of remorse or guilt
  • shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
  • callousness and lack of empathy
  • parasitic lifestyle
  • poor behavioral controls
  • sexual promiscuity
  • early behavior problems
  • lack of realistic long-term goals
  • impulsivity
  • irresponsibility
  • failure to accept responsibility for own actions
  • many short-term marital relationships
  • juvenile delinquency
  • revocation of conditional release
  • criminal versatility

Read more: http://www.minddisorders.com/Flu-Inv/Hare-Psychopathy-Checklist.html#ixzz3PQhjRFcb

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
When they get a slap on the wrist over this, I will throw things.

And possibly small people.