Monday Night Football: GDT/Bradford knee problem returns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SanAnRam

Just an educated redneck
By far and away the biggest 'TEASE' ever in NFL history.... and I'm a Bradford homer. But seriously..... biggest fu&kin tease ever. This story brought back the Cleveland pre-season game... sigh

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The only reason I put the ha-ha on there was because of Keenum.

You don't need to explain but thanks. I've never been a Bradford fan, even before he was drafted by the Rams, but never feel good about anyone being injured. Hope he recovers quickly.

Case Keenum did what he could while with the Rams, but like other QB's during the Fisher era, he was hampered by the coaching and the players around him. This link jogged my memory of some of the good times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Keenum#St._Louis_Rams

Keenum led the Rams to consecutive victories against the Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Seattle Seahawks. He recorded a Rams record near-"perfect game" against the Buccaneers, achieving a 158.0 passer rating by going 14 for 17 for 234 yards and two touchdowns in the last home game in the history of the St. Louis Rams.

Keenum finished the 2015 season (six games played, five as the starter) with 828 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception, with a 60.8% completion percentage.

Keenum began the 2016 regular season as the starting quarterback. After a 28-0 loss to the San Francisco 49ers in the opener, he led the team to 3 straight wins over the Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Arizona Cardinals.

In a week 6 loss at Detroit, Keenum set a team record with 19 consecutive completions. The following week against the Giants at Twickenham Stadium, Keenum was intercepted four times as the Giants won 17-10.

After the game, Rams head coach Jeff Fisher announced his decision to keep Keenum as starter. However, on November 15, 2016, Keenum was benched for Jared Goff, who the Rams had taken with the first overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Due to the Bucs week 1 reschedule I was unable to play Winston. However, I grabbed Bradford on the waiver. Easy plug n play, paid off. Enjoyed watching the game, too. Vikes have a sick new stadium, or whatever cosmic, psychodelic architecture verbiage is official.

Ram65

Legend
Missed this thread earlier.

I picked up the game when Bradford was 7-10 for a whopping 50 yards. Then he and Vikings just exploded with throws down field. That was one of the best throwing on target games I've seen from anyone. Great protection but, Sam made some throws with pressure in his face. The Vikings look good on defense. Stefon Diggs can make plays. Dalvin Cook dropped three passes but, he got around the edge late for some nice yards.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/16/sam-bradford-situation-remains-ominous-for-vikings/

Sam Bradford situation remains ominous for Vikings
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2017

Less than two days after Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford had the best game of his career, he popped up on the injury report due to a problem with a knee in which he’s twice torn the ACL. The three days since then have been a mixed bag of bad news/good news that has Vikings fans bracing for the shoe to finally drop.

Although the “questionable” designation now encompasses a far broader range of potential availability than 50-50, the listing coupled with the practice limitations coupled with reports of swelling and discomfort coupled with the news of a supposedly negative MRI coupled with the decision to elevate a practice-squad quarterback has folks wondering when the Case Keenum Era is upon us. And whether Teddy Bridgewater can be ready to go by Week Seven.

The irony remains that Bradford was battered and bruised behind a bad offensive line a year ago but played every game (other than Week One, when he barely knew where to park his car) and that he now has a competent offensive line and he may already be hurt, even though no one can pinpoint a moment on Monday night when any injury may have happened.

The timing couldn’t be worse for a guy who made a strong opening statement in a contract year, and who may soon see a healthy Teddy Bridgewater ready and willing to take the snaps Bradford can’t.

Whatever the situation may be, running smack into the Steel Curtain won’t be good for the knees. And if his already limited mobility is even more limited by a balky knee, the rest of Bradford’s body could be in grave danger, too.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
What could have been? Makes me sad but Sam has always had a great arm and he is one of most accurate guys in the league. If they can keep him upright the Vikings can be a good team

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
"Poor Sam." Some things never change lol.

Man do the Vikes love themselves some ex-Rams QBs or what?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whatever the situation may be, running smack into the Steel Curtain won’t be good for the knees. And if his already limited mobility is even more limited by a balky knee, the rest of Bradford’s body could be in grave danger, too.

I hope he plays. And gets crushed by TJ Watt and that Steeler defense. F Bradford.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/16/sam-bradford-situation-remains-ominous-for-vikings/

Sam Bradford situation remains ominous for Vikings
Posted by Mike Florio on September 16, 2017

Less than two days after Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford had the best game of his career, he popped up on the injury report due to a problem with a knee in which he’s twice torn the ACL. The three days since then have been a mixed bag of bad news/good news that has Vikings fans bracing for the shoe to finally drop.

Although the “questionable” designation now encompasses a far broader range of potential availability than 50-50, the listing coupled with the practice limitations coupled with reports of swelling and discomfort coupled with the news of a supposedly negative MRI coupled with the decision to elevate a practice-squad quarterback has folks wondering when the Case Keenum Era is upon us. And whether Teddy Bridgewater can be ready to go by Week Seven.

The irony remains that Bradford was battered and bruised behind a bad offensive line a year ago but played every game (other than Week One, when he barely knew where to park his car) and that he now has a competent offensive line and he may already be hurt, even though no one can pinpoint a moment on Monday night when any injury may have happened.

The timing couldn’t be worse for a guy who made a strong opening statement in a contract year, and who may soon see a healthy Teddy Bridgewater ready and willing to take the snaps Bradford can’t.

Steel Curtain D(n). Are the Vikings time traveling to the Seventies for their next game?

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
It's a bummer in deed for Bradford. At least the guy got paid. Last of the unchecked rookie deal before sweeping CBA changes. What was his deal? 70 mill?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What did he do, egg your house?

I'm guessing from your response the discussion would go nowhere. Not worth getting into tbh.

Let's just say there are players I despise and he is one of them.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm guessing from your response the discussion would go nowhere. Not worth getting into tbh.

Was that because he wouldn't take a pay cut? Even though the rams were only paying him $13m that year? And his agent just knew they were angling to trade him? C'mon man.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I've gotten over my distaste for Bradford, but I do hold him responsible for some of the Ram demise. Quite frankly, I was impressed since he left the Rams on his health as I know he might of missed a game in Philadelphia, but has remained healhty despite taking many sacks. I watched him take a few shots against the Saints and still pop right up and again wished that happen with the Rams.

I never wish any player irreparable harm and blame his second injury on Jake "freaking" Long more than Bradford, but I don't wish Case Keenum on the Vikings. Again, Case has some good games as a Ram, but Bradford puts them over the top and Viking fans deserve it, they never won a Super Bowl and I seriously don't know how they survive Winters in Minnesota.

Oh, BTW if the the Vikings had a roof over their damn stadium in the 60's & 70"s instead of when the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome opened in 1982, the Rams would have kicked their ass many times over.

And I close with a little Bobby Goldsboro...Is god didn't make little green apples
And it don't snow in Minneapolis when the winter comes.

Last edited:

RamsFan47

Rookie
This latest development with Bradford's left knee is a ticking bomb. At this point I just feel bad for the guy...I mean I feel bad for his knee...certainly not his pocket book. Somehow that guy orchestrated one big pay day after another another.
Today's game just might be his last

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I honestly don't think I've ever seen a QB with his talent so poorly supported as Bradford was with the Rams, lousy coaching, lousy line, lousy weapons

I feel had they went all in with him the way they clearly have with Goff, things could have been different

Ram65

Legend
Rams play the Viking Nov 19th away game. The Vikings and Bradford looked good MN. Sam can take a hit with the best of them but, too bad the knee can't. He managed to stay healthy since being traded. This was the type of game I waited along time to see from Sam. After last season I thought he was going to be the short accurate passer but, he really stepped up. I guess he needed a little more time in the system. He played good last year considering he was traded just before the start of the season. I keep an eye on Bradford just to see what he becomes.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

It was a joke. Jesus